BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Hugh Jorgen
Hugh Jorgen
Florida
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Today's Run
#800412 03/08/20 4:32 pm
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
T'was the Dickens Run today, riding the lanes around where old Chas used to go, or something like that. So as the Commuter was on the naughty step this past week, I thought I'd kick it into life and give it one last chance, if it didn't play ball, it was time for a box of matches and a gallon of Kerosene....

So out of the fettling shed it did come, a press of the kickstart button and bugger me it fired up straight away. Seems the 3yr old NGK's were the trouble, a new set of Champions and away it went, so commuting duties are back on the card for this old heap...

Got to the venue after filling with liquid Gold, and was met by a few of the lads....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A bit of nose bag, and it was time for the off, sadly one of the lads had to leave us, and just as he got to the end of the driveway, he pulled in the clutch, the bike stalled. And he dropped it, bloody big BMW thing it was too, one of them brick engine types, weighed a ton helping him to pick it up, seemed the only damage was his pride, and the wing mirror came off his fairing, but it was made to do that in a fall. So a bang of his hand, and all was back as it should be.... grin

Then we were off, out into the mud filled lanes, water was everywhere, I'd swear by the look of it all, that England was sinking. Flooded fields aplenty, and puddles all over the place, having a massive barn door type White fairing, I stayed as one of the back markers, young Brian on his A7 outfit was the last man, we came to a big hill in the lanes, going up the Downs that was. So knowing the lad would be taking his time climbing the hill, I waited for him at the top, after a long while a lad in a car came up and said, "your mate has had an accident" Blimey thought I, so I went back to find out what had happened...?

Seems some idiot in a car didn't give way to him as he climbed the hill, Brian slammed on the brakes, and in the mud the bike skidded and smashed into the car. Causing a bit of damage, our hero was OK thankfully, so after swapping insurance details we were off out into the lanes again, this time I made sure I was the last man, then we came across a Harley rider that was with us. That bike was all clean and shiny, well....It WAS, on a tight bend the lad over did it, and as the back wheel started to give way, he carried straight on, and ended up in the muddy verge, with him sat on his arse. Rider and bike were OK but it wasn't shiny any more....

Couldn't really get any 'Action' shots far too busy seeing where I was going so these couple were grabbed as I waited....

Baza who was leading today's run, heard about all the troubles, so cut it short a tad, ending up at a very nice pub...

And by the side of that pub is a nice little lane with Olde type houses in such as this....

Just a few of the bikes, I was far too busy chatting with the lads to go on a mooch, although I'd have thought y'all have seen most of the bikes I ride with anyways...?

Well that was an exciting day out, let's hope for a better day next time, if this bloody rain will ever stop that is.....

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
1 member likes this: Morgan aka Admin
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Today's Run
Kent Shaun #800597 03/10/20 6:58 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Brave man on the Dresda, the Greeves looks much more suitable for the conditions! I doubt if I've covered 100 miles so far this year on two wheels.

Re: Today's Run
Kent Shaun #802800 03/25/20 11:01 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Apology’s for not getting on these great posts. Don‘t know how I missed it.
Nearly 20 years ago now that we did a teaching exchange with the Medway education system. A great two weeks in Rochester and then in Maidstone. I remember well a “pub crawl” up the High street about our second night in town. For the life of me I can’t remember the Kings Arms though. Actually I defy anyone to pub crawl Rochesters High street and remember much after visiting maybe 6 or 7 pubs between the Medway bridge and the A2!
One I do remember ‘cause it was my favourite was the Coopers Arms, just around the corner from Rochester castle. Established by some monks about 700 years ago I believe.
Would have loved to get over there with a Britbike but alas it wasn’t all pleasure.
Cheers
Don in Niagara

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership