Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
triton thrasher
triton thrasher
scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#799019 02/22/20 1:59 pm
D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
Just finished what is now my touring classic . It is a 1951 mk1 square four that spent its life in Singapore until it was brought back to the u.k. in 1986 . It then spent over 20 years in a lockup before I purchased it in April 2019 . Its now registered and is awaiting a lul in the cold and wet before its first road test . I have a lot of history that came with it from owners to shipping info out and back .

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
That's a very attractive bike. I am currently wrestling with a '53 MK2. I prefer the appearance of the MK1 but I guess there are operational advantages to the later design, How does your Solex carburetor work ? I need to source proper jets for mine. I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of this one, You obviously put a lot of effort into it.

Laurence Luce
D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
Solex runs a bit rich I will need to work on it . But it starts well and once its off the choke it stops the black smoke . It needs running in and a run out but it is so wet and cold .

F
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
F
You have a nice looking ride there. I hope you get many years of enjoyment from it.

I
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I
LOVE IT

I
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I
LOVE IT with those Rodark panniers on it!

Are you certain it's a '51 model?

I know '52 was a year of all-paint tanks due to a shortage on nickel needed for chroming.

D
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
D
yeah definitely 51 it was an export to Singapore its an RD engine no with an SC frame which was 51 . Don't think the panniers were originally for the Ariel think they were for Triumph but I like them too .
It was re imported to the UK in 1986 and was dry stored till I bought it . Now completely restored and ready for its run in period but weather not that good just yet . I have a lot of history from previous owners to export and import documents letters from the first buyer to people who found it as scrap and saved it .

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com