BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Words from our sponsors..
Vintage Motorcycle Auctioneers!
Vintage Motorcycle Auctioneers

CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!
Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Johnny-B-Good
Johnny-B-Good
Lafayette, Louisiana
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
knobby, coomo, Chris mannifield, ruellarobson, bikerboy
11023 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 133
DavidP 70
Rohan 64
koan58 63
Popular Topics(Views)
1,151,332 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,988
Posts691,372
Members11,023
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
66 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 1,898 guests, and 908 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798148 02/12/20 2:48 am
B
Bodie Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Originally Posted by mainuh18
Kurt, copied your eBay link...thats the one.
# 1 - which picture showed you the dent ?. ( 1 - 6)

Hi Rob , There's actually 24 pictures and you can see the dent in #1 and #24 front left (primary side) it looks like the fork leg has been pushed back into it , But in my opinion there also looks to be other dents that for whatever reasons he's not pointing out ? . Sellers quote ; (The original owner rode it for awhile and dropped it) from that snippet of information i'm guessing it landed upside down after being dropped which would also help explain the relatively "new" looking seat ? ( which by the way has a hole in it )
Here's pic #24 , There looks to be a second dent here at the bottom front edge of the tank ,
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I just find it odd why most of the sellers pictures are so frickin awful , His thumb is even visible in 3 of them !!!!
Pic #2 is the only "half decent view" down along the right hand side of the bike - which yet again I think shows another 2 smaller dents to that side of the tank as I've shown here arrowed ,
shocked Hey what's this ? … on taking a second closer second look at this picture below ~> is that someone else has drawn small black arrows with marker pen directly onto the fuel tank also highlighting the same dents that I've just arrowed.? .. If it is ? this guy ain't nothing more than a con man . He hasn't even owned this bike long enough to wash the marker pen off painted on by the previous owner mad
Another quote from the seller ; (The original owner rode it for awhile and dropped it (see pics for dent in tank). After that, it was parked in a temperature controlled area until he finally sold it. As far as I know, it has always been kept in a controlled environment.) reading between the lines ; All that says to me is the simply dropped incident might only be the tip of the iceberg & this seller has only just recently acquired the bike to sell on for a profit ,

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798164 02/12/20 12:18 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Pretty sure the arrows are on the photo, not the tank...

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: Ob1quixote] #798189 02/12/20 6:19 pm
M
mainuh18 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
M
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Mainuh, whereabouts in SC are you?
I'm in Charleston.

Quixote-
Surfside Beach.
Just spent a harrowing but successful couple weeks at MUSC...my wife had cancer.
100% recovery. As good as any of the best hospitals in NY / New England

rob

Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798218 02/13/20 12:05 am
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Hope her recovery is going well!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: Ob1quixote] #798367 02/15/20 6:45 am
B
Bodie Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
Pretty sure the arrows are on the photo, not the tank...
I'm pretty sure they're not … Zoomed in view ..
Anyway the bikes been relisted now and with a couple of bids ,
I still think it could be worth a gamble at the right price (just a lot less the sellers asking) .. A decent tank and wheel rims won't come cheap - plus it's anybody's guess to how the fork stanchions look now after the tank denting episode ?.

The only thing guaranteed here is the seller's ability at spotting faults is just as bad as his pictures ...

Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798376 02/15/20 12:07 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I think the supposed dent on the right side of the tank is a reflection, with the apparent vertical crease being a porch roof support.
No doubt about the dent on the left side from the fork hit!

Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798974 02/22/20 1:13 am
D
DanC Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
D
Originally Posted by mainuh18
Hey All,
As an aside, back in the day I bought my BSA parts from a shop called " Bucky's" in Mass.
Any one here from New England here who used them.

rob

Absolutely. Called Norfolk Cycles, on Rt 1A in Norfolk MA. Last time I was in there was 1974. Bucky was quite a character, if memory serves.

Here's a quote from Skeet (who hasn't signed on since 9-6-2012) from 7-3-2008:

Originally Posted by Skeet

For me it was Norfolk Motorcycles here in Massachusetts. It was owned by Raymond (Honest Bucky) Colleaux. I first met HB as I sometimes called him at the "Laconia Riots" in 1965. I'll save that one for another time. This guy was one crude but very shrewd son of a B. He made a lot of money off of BSA's and people respected him even with all the bad mouthing he would sometimes get. His shop was an old farm outbuilding with a glass display case and a really old cash register. You could watch his mechanics out in the back slaving over the bikes that were propped up on a plank and 2 milk crates. In 1967 I bought a new Thunderbolt off him and brought it back, complaining it was running a little rough. He took a quick look, walked inside and grabbed the biggest screwdriver he could find and attacked the chokelever and at the same time telling me to never touch that G.D. thing again. Lesson learned.

Fast Forward to 1969 and his new shop and the Rocket III's. He took great pleasure sending Jerry Woods (yes the auction guy) out onto Rte 1A to demonstrate how fast they were. Great for customer relations. By far the best story about him was, a couple of degenerates decided to steal an extended springer front end from him by breaking in through the showroom window . Bad move! HB lived in an apartment above the new shop and on hearing the commotion downstairs went down and proceeded to unload a 44 magnum into their trunk as they were fleeing. They were arrested a couple of towns away and were identified by the bullet holes. The stories are numerous, just ask Mr. Healy, the Triumph moderator, about fighting on the floor with one of his customers.

He finally closed up in the 80's. He just could'nt get along with the new people from Kawasaki. He's still alive in his early 80's and I try to visit him at least once a year to talk old tales and to make sure he's alright. This guy should be honored by the BSA Owners Club. A true unique American character who sold and worked on hundreds & hundreds of BSA's.
Skeet

71 A65FS
Re: Buying a 1975 BSA online ? [Re: mainuh18] #798977 02/22/20 1:26 am
Hugh Jorgen Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member

1970 T120R
1970 Commando
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership