BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Peter Quick
Peter Quick
Jaffrey, NH, USA
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Enfield class "c" flat track frame?
#795476 01/12/20 7:45 pm
Bigtwin Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Greetings, all!
Has anyone ever seen (or have photos of) an Enfield produced factory rigid frames as used in 1/2mile & mile class "C': compettions back in the day? Any information to share? Maybe this was something produced in Springfield by Indian... Any Info appreciated!

REgards!
Bigtwin

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Enfield class "c" flat track frame?
Bigtwin #795591 01/14/20 4:51 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi Ray
I PM'd you with a picture of a copy of the Shell thuet bike that was piloted by Elliot Schulze. The original bike resides in California, and I will see if I can get you some pic's.
Sorry but it seems I couldn't post it on this site.
Cheers
Tom Oil.

Bigtwin #795618 01/14/20 9:44 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
You need to have the pics hosted someplace, like on these free photo places,
and then post the link here.

Hasn't this been discussed before ?
Shell Thuet brings up lotsa pics of flat track Enfields.and his bike
It sez someplace this bike "set a one lap record at Ascot Park which stood for many years".

[Linked Image from vft.org]

P.S. Speaking of big head bullets - not the same bike really, but someone locally here tells the story
that the local Enfield distributor loaned him a factory scrambles (MX) big head bullet, to ride in
the local scrambles. He said this thing blew all the compy BSAs and Matchies and Ariels into the weeds !
When they came up later to see what had blitzed them, he had to tell them he didn't know what was in it,
it was a loaned factory bike and he had to return it intact and unopened !

The size of that GP carb in the pic sez it had lots of mumbo... ?

Rohan #795766 01/16/20 3:27 pm
Bigtwin Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Thanks, Rohan
Sorry to ask about a previous thread. Off hand, I did not readily see anything in the archives. This has long been a question for me, as I have been gathering info about the Sliger/.Enz Bonneville (Speed record) bike(s). There is a fellow in my town with considerable Bonneville experience (& some records) who shared that those machines were based on Indian class "C" frames. Hmmm? Thanks for the pic & reminder of Shell's bike. That frame was most likely California built to purpose. Sad that so much information was lost with the passing of Shell Thuet.... I was fortunately able to talk with him via phone just a few month before. Quite an amazing fellow, but that is yet another thread.

Regards!

Bigtwin

Moderated by  royaloilfield 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership