BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Electric Starter Roller
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Richrd
Richrd
Springfield Nebraska
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
AndrewQ, Jay999, davidlittle, Frank B, Curtis
10937 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
kommando 101
franko 67
DavidP 61
quinten 60
Popular Topics(Views)
1,062,170 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,235
Posts684,698
Members10,937
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (Alan_nc), 672 guests, and 908 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New Member, Noob owner #790706 11/20/19 7:35 pm
Okiewan Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
I hope this is the right place for this, please forgive if not!

Just joined this excellent forum as I'll be doing a ton of research on the bikes I acquired some years ago. Short story, my dad is/was a big time Triumph fan and has owned many over the years going back to the early/mid 60's. He promised the bikes he still had (3) to me a few years ago (if he didn't need to sell 'em) and stored them in his SoCal garage, until I'm ready to pick them up, which is now. They are shipping today to my home in the Dallas area. I'll be getting busy on them over the winter.

If anyone is interested: '67 Bonneville, '67 TR6C and a '68 T100C .

The first two are in pretty good shape under 27 years of dust (they were last tagged in '92). He tells me they are very close to 100%, no aftermarket stuff, etc. I have no way to confirm that (yet), his memory is not what it used to be (Alzheimers), so I'm sure there's some stuff to be corrected. Example, I cleaned off the Bonneville tank enough to get a look at the finish... there is NO WAY that's factory paint. Asked him about it, "oh yes I do remember having it painted:. frown

The T100C is a little rough around the edges. A few missing parts here and there.

All of them run, or did when he parked them, they all turn over, no rust at all, although his dang cats pissed on the rims of the Bonneville. Rust looking stuff there, but after a little rubbing, looks like it will all come off. I'm sure I'll find all kinds of issues once I dig in, but overall the bikes are in really good shape.

Anyway, wanted to share my excitement and introduce myself. I'll be on here a LOT, but I promise to burn-up the search function before asking all my noob questions! No good pics yet, but I'll throw one up of them in their tomb of 27 years. Once I get them back to Texas, I'll post more if anyone is interested.

Regards!

Bob

[Linked Image from dirtrider.net]

(edited for typo)

Last edited by Okiewan; 11/22/19 4:02 pm.

'67 TR6C Trophy
'67 T120R Bonneville
'68 T100C Trophy - For Sale
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO

Re: New Member, Noob owner [Re: Okiewan] #790853 11/22/19 12:12 am
kevin roberts Offline
DOPE
DOPE
welcome aboard.

dont be shy about dissing the search engine. everybody does

every day you do not take a chance is a day of your life that you will never get back.

Moderated by  Richrd 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO