BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Grin
Grin
Fife,Scotland, UK
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Richard77, Jon law, Honey Badger, puffinpower, Mr.Paul
10905 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 102
quinten 63
Popular Topics(Views)
1,050,180 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,044
Posts682,911
Members10,905
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
47 registered members (Alan_nc), 355 guests, and 783 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Today's Run #789030 11/03/19 4:21 pm
Kent Shaun Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Like a fool, I asked the Lovely Janette...Is it cold out there..? As she took Harry the Bastard outside to empty him, it's Freezing says she. So I got me coat liner and fitted it, then minced out to the fettling shed, dragged Albert out and off we went. About 1/2 mile into the ride I thought, why did I bother asking her...? I was bloody sweating... facepalm

After all these years I STILL haven't learnt, never to ask the Lovely Janette about being cold, she's ALWAYS bloody cold... help

After getting filled up with liquid Gold, I meandered around the lanes of Kent down to Lenham square, to meet the lads, for the Bonfire Burn up, the name of today's run...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Just a few to start off with, but we ended up with about 16, not bad considering the weather of yesterday, gale force winds and rain. Really biblical it was too, which left the lanes full of debris, which made it funny when Slow Hand asked Yoda, not to go down lanes full of mud. He's a strange chap that Slow Hand, buys a bike as a *Winter* hack, then don't like it when it gets dirty... crazy

But Yoda has a great sense of humour, and off into not only mud filled lanes, but lanes full of dead leaves and branches left over from the storm of yesterday, good on ya Yoda... laughing

Couldn't really take *Action* shots, far to busy trying to stay upright, great fun it was too, but I did manage this shot, to show what a lovely day it was out there...

Eventually we arrived at the pub in Dungeness, a lonely desolate place, but a warm welcome and this awaited us in there...

And a few bikes outside cooled down in the Autumnal Sunshine...

And look who was there...

Yes it's only bloody Robin the Beer finder, seems he's FINALLY got that Hinkley Trophy running right, due to lack of use, the tank was full of shyte, and that blocked up the Carbs. So the bike wouldn't run right, I told him to ride it more often, but would he listen..? Listen he would NOT...

After our nose bag we waited for Slow hand and John the leg, off we set....Lost the pair of them about 200yds later, it's a gift riding that bloody slow, me and Baza57 were only doing 45mph. I wager if I fitted a jet engine to Slow Hand's bike, he'd still be at the back of the pack. Trouble is he's so slow he's dangerous, best keep well away or he'll have you off... shocked

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 11/03/19 4:25 pm.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #789036 11/03/19 5:22 pm
D
Dibnah Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
D
The fish at Dungeness have got smaller, it used to hang off either side of the plate, must be the reduced radioactivity in the sea now that Dungeness A nuclear power station has closed.

Re: Today's Run [Re: Dibnah] #789070 11/03/19 9:27 pm
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Dibnah
The fish at Dungeness have got smaller, it used to hang off either side of the plate, must be the reduced radioactivity in the sea now that Dungeness A nuclear power station has closed.

I suspect economics, not radioactivity ... !!

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Today's Run [Re: Lannis] #789101 11/04/19 12:46 am
Q
quinten Online Happy
BritBike Forum member
Online Happy
BritBike Forum member
Q
the radiation leakage at Dungeness is totally stable .
The decommissioning management team is using the latest equipment
to assure the public .
A camera on a skateboard is slid underneath leaky equipment to take a safe peek .
[Linked Image from image.digitalinsightresearch.in]
sorry about the size of the fish , have the plates gotten larger ?

Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #789108 11/04/19 1:17 am
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Always looks like a good time down there along the coast, glad you had good weather this late in the year, looks like a bright sparkly day and some nice old bikes.

We get in a ride or two a month in our Guzzi group, but nowt with old bikes. I'll ride the BSA or the Norton sometimes to one of the lunch runs just to keep my hand in ....

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Today's Run [Re: quinten] #789124 11/04/19 4:18 am
F
franko Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
F
Originally Posted by quinten
the radiation leakage at Dungeness is totally stable .
The decommissioning management team is using the latest equipment
to assure the public .
A camera on a skateboard is slid underneath leaky equipment to take a safe peek .
[Linked Image from image.digitalinsightresearch.in]
sorry about the size of the fish , have the plates gotten larger ?

Working on boilers, crawling through the steam drum was still hard on the knees, but when the kids suggested a skateboard to get around in the mud drum, well heck was that was a good idea. Some are 90 feet long and usually had residual water in the bottom.

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership