Harry Woolridge, former service manager at the Meriden cooperative , former machine registrar of the Triumph Owners Motor Cycle Club and author of books on the Speed Twin/Thunderbird and Tiger/Trophy models died a fortnight ago.
He had posts at Meriden , pre co-op, at Experimental dept , assistant quality control manager and as an inspection foreman. I read that he also assisted in the outrageous publicity stunt of having the then-new TR5T Trophy Trail model ridden up to Britain’s highest mountain peak, Ben Nevis !
As machine registrar , I found him very helpful as he wrote in detail to explain my query as to my newly-acquired TR65’s unusual specification. I was very surprised by his reply that, later confirmed by the Vintage Motor Cycle Club, revealed my TR65 to be the last of the Thunderbird models out of the factory !
Harry is one of the many figures from the cooperative that feature in John Rosamond’s book of the last part of the Meriden Triumph story, “Save The Triumph Bonneville !”.

Last edited by meriden4ever; 10/06/19 7:22 am. Reason: Soelling

1983 TR65T Tiger Trail
1983 TSSAV
1983 TSX
1983 TR65 Thunderbird
1982 TR7T Tiger Trail