BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Mark Parker
Mark Parker
Bega NSW Australia
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Keith Moore Remembered
#785951 10/01/19 1:32 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Desco and I would like to include Keith Moore in our remembrance forum. Without Keith and some others, I could not have had a productive hobby with these old bikes. He stuck to it when practically no one else cared anymore. In the 80's essentially no one wanted these bike anymore except a few of us diehards.
I relied heavily on his knowledge and experience and I can't tell you how lost I felt when he suddenly passed away.

Here's his Obit.

Moore, Keith, of Placentia, passed away on April 17, 2012 of a sudden heart attack at his store. He was the owner of Moore's Cycle Center in Anaheim, CA and had been in the motorcycle business for 30 years. He was born June 13, 1941 in Sewickey, PA, and was the son of the late Hayes Moore and Anna Moore Specht.

He is survived by his wife, Delores; daughter, Marcy (Armando) Toner; son, Casey Moore; grandson, Anthony (Jennifer) Toner; and 2 great grandchildren, Alyssa and Alexis. Also survived by sister, Patricia (Earl) Nelson of Palm Beach Gardens, FL; brother, Lee (Barbara) Moore of Monaca, PA; and 3 nephews and their families.

Keith was a devoted husband and father, and was highly respected by all his "British motorcycle-(Triumph-BSA)" friends and customers all over the world. He was loved by all and will be greatly missed.

A viewing and service will be held Sat., April 28 at McAulay & Wallace Mortuary, 902 N. Harbor Blvd., Fullerton, CA at 11:00 a.m. Interment to follow at Loma Vista Memorial Park. Happy riding in the sky, Keith.

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Black Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Keith Moore Remembered
HawaiianTiger #785955 10/01/19 3:57 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Me three.

Last edited by Steve Erickson; 10/01/19 4:05 am.
HawaiianTiger #786291 10/05/19 2:22 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Sure treated me well over the years. Sad to hear it.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
HawaiianTiger #792399 12/08/19 9:25 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Just happened on this old post:
I didn’t know Keith well, but still recall meeting him in his shop, when I was still learning the difference between a BSA and a Triumph!! I’d come down to the area to buy a basket case ‘65 A65L, and figured I’d stop into this shop I’d heard about. He was very kind to a new guy, spent some time asking what I was up to. He suggested, and sent me on my way with a few Triumph items. I recall thinking that it’s never a good Idea to buy parts you don’t know about yet. I used them all, always found he’d sold them cheaper than I could get them later, and some as NOS. Those guys helped the next Gen keep the hobby moving on, and never heard a bad word about Kieth Moore.

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 1 '56 Chevy
1 '65 XLCH, Hernia Gift, on the way to Japan!
HawaiianTiger #793235 12/17/19 10:39 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
RIP

HawaiianTiger #794194 12/29/19 3:05 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Keith new more ways to fix a Triumph for little or no money than anyone, and would not sell you a part you did not need. He'd gladly tell you how to fix it. I walked in once with a clutch pressure plate. The center nut had fallen out. Well, he said, there is a stack of them in the back room. They are 5 for a dollar. Go pick out the ones you want and you have to take five. He had a mountain of them.

1968 T120R
1972 T120RV
Any advice given is without a warranty expressed or implied.
desco #794224 12/29/19 6:44 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I first met Keith back in the late eighties when I visited his old shop in Anaheim (a converted gas station as I recall). I was in search of a couple of head bolts for an A65 I was attempting to rebuild.
Being a complete newbie, I appreciated the fact that he didn't talk down to me whenever I asked a typical "new to BSA,s" question. He directed me to a drawer in the shop loaded with BSA head bolts
and turned me loose....after awhile it became evident that I wasn't finding the bolts I needed, so Keith fixed me up with two he pulled from an old engine. I never forgot that experience and over the years
stopped in whenever I would be in the area.
Guys like Keith are in it for love of the hobby & are hard to replace.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership