BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Tiger Dale
Tiger Dale
Waldorf, Maryland
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Psychorider, Shedengineering, Shayne Brown, Snow's Cycles, Scottboy
10858 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 173
reverb 62
NickL 49
Popular Topics(Views)
1,004,076 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,695
Posts679,607
Members10,858
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
65 registered members (Andrew Dunham), 370 guests, and 926 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Champion framed Triumph AHRMA 750 Sportsman #786265 10/05/19 5:15 am
L
linker48x Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
L
Thought I would post a few pictures of my Champion Triumph. I built it 30 years ago, raced it until 2017, and now believe it or not I am selling it. I just posted it in the for sale area. I am posting a couple of other pictures here only so that y'all can take a look at it, and so I can look at them and enjoy them without thinking about selling it. It is a little like selling a family member, this ain't easy, but life goes on and it is time. Maybe it's only fitting that the House of Charmin at Willow is in the background of the first picture, LOL.

Like all bikes that get raced a while, it is sort of like George Washington's ax that he chopped down the cherry tree with--4 new handles, two new heads, but it is the original ax. Similarly, this one started out in a Redline frame before the Champion, and I sawed the engine in half at Barber circa 2006, and again at Miller in 2012 or so when the transmission exploded, and I changed the forks and tank and seat and transmission and clutch/primary and basically everything else several times, so other than those few things, it is just the same bike as in 1989. Man, I am going to miss it!

Cheers!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by linker48x; 10/05/19 5:24 am.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Champion framed Triumph AHRMA 750 Sportsman [Re: linker48x] #786266 10/05/19 7:08 am
Mark Parker Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Hey Linker, how about sharing some specs on the bike? Looks like it has 4spark plugs, big carbs, Big bore headers, (which look really nice). Have you dyno graphs? Or other info on it, race results etc.

mark
Re: Champion framed Triumph AHRMA 750 Sportsman [Re: linker48x] #786268 10/05/19 7:51 am
L
linker48x Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
L
Thanks for the questions. I put a full list of the detailed specs in the for sale area, but basically the engine is full of durable race parts, pretty much all the moving parts except the rocker arms are race parts. Makes mid-60’s hp on a Dynotech, and above 50 lbs/ft of torque from 5000 to 7000, went high 120’s at Daytona but it’s really a lap time torquey motor—lap times win races pretty much everywhere but Daytona and Road America—even Willow. The engine and chassis work as a package.

Over 25 years of racing it I’ve won a few races (LOL very few) and finished well in a few years of points Ditto—very few), but really I do it for fun and racing from Alaska is a bit of a challenge to do a full season. But the bike’s very competitive with the best Yamahas, and hey, besides that I’m a Triumph guy.

On the pipes, I pretty much did what the real experts said. I duplicated exactly what the late Jack Wilson at Big D said (1-3/4 diameter 29 inch with 13-1/2 inch megs to 3-1/2 and a 1 inch long reverse cone to 2-1/2), and the late Neal Keen told me he’d tested about every combination of 1 3/4 or 1 1/2 or 1 3/8 pipes and chose the big ones. Those pipes spun up well but didn’t have much below 5000. On these up pipes I added 2-1/2 inches of length on the head pipes and a 4 inch long 2-1/2 diameter muffler at the back of the Meg—both changes added a lot of area under the torque curve for lap times usefulness.

Last edited by linker48x; 10/05/19 7:59 am.

Moderated by  Allan Gill 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership