BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Fisherman
Fisherman
Tennessee
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Argos parts, Mr. Bean, rudi, Derek, Psychorider
10862 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 172
DavidP 71
reverb 64
NickL 55
Popular Topics(Views)
1,016,063 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,795
Posts680,343
Members10,862
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
65 registered members (Adam M.), 486 guests, and 920 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MTO Oostende Weekend #784049 09/12/19 1:24 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
A whole weekend of Bikes Beer, food, beer and bikes. That's the MTO Rally held over there in Belgium, on the coast at the seaside town of Oostende, been doing this with the BSA Kent branch for years and years, it's BRILLIANT... grin

So out with the bike last Friday morn, and a couple of kicks later, we were off to the meeting point, where I had to turn the engine off. Always a worry, will it start again..? With everyone looking on after all the Hellos had been said, I'm proud to report that YES first kick, then we hit the motorway. Just a short ride till we got to Dover and the DFDS ship, booked on, went for the most expensive coffee we could find. I was paying...! Then the trepidation kicked in once again, will it start for the short ride onto the ship..? YES, first kick, and once on the ship I strapped it down...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For this weekend I FINALLY managed to get the Injun out and about, so now y'all know what the worry was about starting. Seems to me that I've finally got it's quirks in me noggin, and it played along just like a proper bike should ALL weekend... grin

Everyone else tied their bikes to the deck too...

Once the 2hr crossing had been completed, we fired up and got off in France at the Dunkerque ferry port, then it's about 45mins to the Belgium town of Vernue, made it no worries...

And in this town I just HAD to have these, didn't want them, I just had them for Wade.... wink

One of the lads had broken down, seems he strapped a bag on the bike, and it had got entangled into a fuse holder. This had the fuse hanging out, and gave the bike an intermittent fault, always fun trying to find out why it's not running right. But the lad had it all sorted as soon as we were ready to leave, so that was good then. Got to the Brick built Tent, called the Hotel Princess in Oostende just in time for a light refreshment. Bikes safe and sound in their garage...

After a beer or two it was shower time, then out on the tiles, perfick....

Next morning, after their eat as much as you can breakfast, we had a mooch around the beach, seems some lad was building sand castles there...

A very nice beach, if only the temperature wasn't down in the 50's it might've been pleasant to sit there and top me tan up...

But it was still early morn, and so we got the bikes out and went for a Bimble to a place called Damme, parked up after a very nice ride, with Baza57 at the helm. Which means going through Road Closed signs, and riding over walkways and the like....

And spied some Olde Timer cars in the town...

My favourite was this Bentley...

After a nice meal and coffee, along with Beer, we hit the road again. Too cold for *Ride* photos, and it started to rain as well, so you'll have to imagine the ride along the canal, and over cobble stone streets. Back at base, shower, then hit the tiles again. I THINK one or two beers were consumed that night...?

Next morning being Sunday, it's the 'Rally' proper, so ride over to the town square, pay your 20 Euro, and collect your tickets, first for the coffee in a local hotel...

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784050 09/12/19 1:25 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member

Then back for a mooch...

When I first did this Rally, back in 98 I think, there were about 400 bikes parked in the square. This weekend saw only around 200, might even be less sadly...

[

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784051 09/12/19 1:27 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
url=https://postimg.cc/56Mm6bPG][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]

Then we were off, and with everyone and their dog watching, Cochise fired up first kick again, I was feeling on top of the World Ma... grin

Out into the lanes and cobble stones of Belgium we did go, the ride is about 90 miles or so, and out in them Belgium fields you get the *Smell* of the countryside. Jeez Louise, but I suppose they need that shyte to make stuff go..?

Anyways, after a good long ride we came to the lunch stop, where you had over a ticket, and claim your Fries and Meat on a stick, along with a Beer. And best of all the queue wasn't too bad...

Once that was down me laughing gear, I had a mooch to see who made it so far...

Some were still coming in...

But a lot were already there...

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784052 09/12/19 1:27 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member

Then after lunch we did a massive circular route, and stopped here again, to have ice cream and beer, then the rain came and the end of photo time..We carried onto the final stop of the day, where we had beer, and found out who won the prizes on offer...?

We of course won....Bugger all..! Not even the raffle, apart from one of our lads, he got a small key ring flash light. All part of the Rally fee, they had a sticker to you with a number on, you put this on your headlight. IF You have trouble on the ride, and the breakdown truck spots your number, you get a free recovery. If however you do NOT breakdown and make it all the way, the number has to be remembered and you might be lucky enough to see it on the wall, which means you've won a prize...Oh well maybe next year...??

Back at the brick Built Tent, shower and out on the tiles once more, to enjoy the delights of the pub singer in this place...

Always a good laugh to hear an out of tune singer, that THINKS he's great, we always BIG him up with cheering and applause, it really is a good laugh. Monday morning and we'd loaded up for the un-eventful ride home, over 300 miles this weekend, FAULT free. What a motorcycle that Cochise is, and now I declare it ONE OF MY bikes.... thumbsup

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784054 09/12/19 1:44 pm
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Well, it just tickles me no end that Cochise has been sorted out and is behaving now ... it took some work and frustration on your part, but you worked it all out, and now that old Indian is a rolling investment as it was supposed to be ... bugger that game of earning .001% on your money, instead have FUN with it until you need it!

Sounds like maybe that Elvis Impersonator from "The Yorkshire Farms Motel" has made it to Belgium now? Always good to boost people up where you can.

Some brave soul is out there riding his $300,000 investment around in the person of a Brough Superior, glad these lads get these things out on the road so we can see them.

Really looks like a great weekend out ...

Lannis

Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784056 09/12/19 2:30 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Lannis lad, that Chrome soaked Brough is owned by our mate Andy, he's a plumber, and says it took three or four old lady Tap Washers, to purchase that machine. And he rides it like he stole it, can't keep up with him... ohno

The other Black Brough, is owned by a bike dealer mate, think he sold a couple of Injuns to get that one..?

Sod the cost of these things, just get one and enjoy, although I THINK they both showed up in the back of a Van... shocked

Most likely the reason the chrome wasn't covered in shyte or dead flies like Cochise was, can't understand not riding there, Andy only lives about 200 Miles from the Rally site, just a couple of hours on that flying machine of his... thumbsup

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784062 09/12/19 3:56 pm
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
I'll bet there aren't any other Sport Scouts around those parts, ESPECIALLY with flies and road grime on them!

Lannis

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784117 09/13/19 4:08 am
R
reverb Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
...how good is to have a different place, food, types of gals; houses and landscapes at a few kms! even in a bicycle you can go...

Some great bikes there.
In a van...yeah; no matter what there are some guys that do not have the spirit.
Great that machine but I am having the HRD and the T160.
Also, that Electric blue Indian looks very good. Better lines and stance than all the others; may be the photo angle? or may be an special year or like that?

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784124 09/13/19 6:49 am
BeezaBryan Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Thanks for the words & pics Shaun

A real fine mix of machinery, from the sublime to the ..... er well .... that trike clap

I love it beerchug

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784134 09/13/19 11:44 am
wadeschields Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
That does look like a fine weekend ! Sure are some interesting bikes there

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: BeezaBryan] #784147 09/13/19 1:11 pm
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Thanks for the words & pics Shaun

A real fine mix of machinery, from the sublime to the ..... er well .... that trike clap

I love it beerchug

I'm no more of any expert on vehicle geometry than any other guy that's been on bikes all his life ....

.... so although that trike looks like it would be fun in town at 25 MPH or less, I wouldn't dare trust it on a highway where you might have to make a turn at higher speed. It looks like it would go over like a bowling pin .... ?

Lannis

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784152 09/13/19 1:37 pm
B
bodine031 Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
B
In a word that I hear listening to IOM on Manx Radio. MEGA!!!!!!!!! Thanks.
Your Scout looking terrific, glad to read you have got it to start easy. Now back to watching the live feed from Goodwood.

Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784155 09/13/19 1:48 pm
Hugh Jorgen Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
The rear seat arrangement is a definite leap of faith.
Wonder if he has one of those T-shirts that has on the back "If you can read this she must have fallen off"?

1970 T120R
1970 Commando
Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784237 09/14/19 8:46 am
B
BSA_WM20 Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Tat trike looks very much like one of the C10 powered invalid chairs in which case there is not chance of it going over 25 mph.

Bike Beesa
Trevor
Re: MTO Oostende Weekend [Re: Kent Shaun] #784296 09/14/19 11:23 pm
ricochetrider Online Content
Moto Mojo
Online Content
Moto Mojo
Damn bro another weekend of fun! And what a great assortment of machinery. Thanks for posting brother

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership