BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
glastrywhippet
glastrywhippet
co.down n.ireland
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Mark Chapman, JacksMacnLE, Argos parts, Mr. Bean, rudi
10864 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 167
DavidP 69
reverb 59
NickL 53
Popular Topics(Views)
1,019,866 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,804
Posts680,446
Members10,864
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
66 registered members (1958superrocket), 719 guests, and 894 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
eddie money #784182 09/13/19 6:06 pm
kevin roberts Online Confused OP
DOPE
OP Online Confused
DOPE

in 1997, i was living in a trailer in a cornfield in hollister, california. it was the 50th anniversary of the battle of hollister, in which motorcycle maniacs descended on the town and wreaked media panic. thousands of bikers were projected to attend.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollister_riot

the local police positioned snipers on the rooftops in town. the SWAT teams took over my local one-room grange hall on the highway.. in town, the merchants closed up and went home to avoid dealing with the maniac bikers. in neighboring san juan bautista, the authorities cut irrigation ditches along the highway to keep the motorcyclists from riding their choppers through the cotton fields.

back at my trailer, the first of a projected 5000 campers showed in my cornfield. the first arrived in a minivan, towing his hog on a trailer. he stopped a ways from my barn, and a golden retriever jumped out of the minivan. he produced a frisbee, and began playing fetch with the retriever.

that night eddie money performed live in the cornfield, and i listened for free. a few days later, the bikers left, puzzled as to why the only two grocery stores were closed the whole time and there was nothing open in town except the one bar. which a biker drove his machine through, in remembrance of marlon brando in The WIld Ones.

RIP, eddie money.

every day you do not take a chance is a day of your life that you will never get back.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: eddie money [Re: kevin roberts] #784460 09/16/19 10:59 am
Al Eckstadt Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Thw Wax Museum had a tribute to Eddie Money on the show last night. Heard a few songs never heard on commercial radio.

Al Eckstadt

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership