BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
sprung hub
sprung hub
Sacramento, CA
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
longstroke, Lovatomi, Gary Hawthorn, Marcel Fekete, Changaroo
10896 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 125
DavidP 73
quinten 68
Popular Topics(Views)
1,044,472 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,006
Posts682,405
Members10,896
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
74 registered members (AML), 486 guests, and 819 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 39 of 40 1 2 37 38 39 40
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #780812 08/07/19 2:09 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie (thank you both for posting your names.......the Motts know who you are)
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Royal Oilfield (aka Brian)
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jim Hunsberger ( aka the Hippy)
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke

Let's add YOUR name to the list/team. We have until September 21st but I'd rather hit a home run in the 1st than wait for a nail biter in the 9th.

Just click on this link to join and help lift TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Gordon in NC.......trying to make the next chapter of my life......the best one yet.

PS.....I'm pretty lame at this internet thing and a LOT of my hot links are broken......THIS ONE SHOULD WORK!!!!!!!

I'm keeping a CLOSE eye on this and i have to ask...........OLE PUD ????????? I "think" I know who that is.........and would LOVE to add that name to our team list. IS IT??????

I gota figure this one out......Gordon

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780862 08/07/19 11:21 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie (thank you both for posting your names.......the Motts know who you are)
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)

Updated the team list.................figured out who OLE PUD is.....after exchanging the secret handshake.

Folks......WITH YOUR HELP ( and I THANK YOU for it) we're at 39% of our team goal with plenty time left. I'm running out of doors to knock on so I need you now more than ever. We have time........event date is September 21.

Thanks again for all the help......PLEASE consider adding your name to the team list. TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Making the next chapter in my life.....the best one yet.......Gordon in NC

PS: We have been on the top 10 team list ( total number of donations) since the start of this but it's been a struggle and we keep losing ground. I'm doing everything I can think of ( short of robbing a bank) to keep us on that list. It's doable but it's going to take a lot more folks pitching in. $5 adds up........help if you can.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/09/19 12:56 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #781008 08/09/19 1:00 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous

TEAM ANNA BANANNA with YOUR help, has reached 58% of our team goal. PLEASE consider adding your name to our team list. We have around 40 days left and I'm staying on this until the starter's gun fires.

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/10/19 10:19 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #781286 08/12/19 4:46 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous

TEAM ANNA BANANNA with YOUR help, has reached 58% of our team goal. PLEASE consider adding your name to our team list. We have around 40 days left and I'm staying on this until the starter's gun fires.

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

We didn't get a dime this weekend......got a couple of pledges and that will have to do. There's still PLENTY of time and I figure some of you are on the fence.....can't say I blame you. There's no way you can save/help everybody and there are SO many good charities out there. Bottom line......I'm doing this one for the Motts......to help lift their spirits. Heaven knows ( no pun intended) they could use it. Do what you can when you can......I'll appreciate it. Like I said I'm taking these donations as a personal favor and bless each and everyone of you that has helped so far.

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/13/19 4:05 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #781321 08/12/19 11:24 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Putting together a possible plan to attend to attend the event, no promises...
Judging by the pic Melissa showed me, I may not recognize you!

Perhaps purple beards would be suggested?

{Oh, and how do you get that stuff out of your beard?}

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Ob1quixote] #781359 08/13/19 10:07 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Robert.....yea I look a "little" (pun intended) different now but not that much. The dye/paint I used before just washed out. I have been thinking about using the stuff this time that stays in longer.......but not sure on that. I did visit a salon and asked about the process. They offered two options, one would have to grow out and the other would last a few weeks getting lighter until it finally washed out. If Anna could actually see it I'd probably go all out.....still thinking about it.

Right now I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers that one of the pledges I got comes through BIG on a donation.....if they do I'm going to have to wear all the stuff I can with their logo on it......and come up with a photo of it crossing the finish line. In a round about way it's their fault I'm doing this. A year ago I would have struggled walking the 5K. These folks are super and have already given a generous donation through one of their locations......the company owners have pledged......fingers crossed. We've been able to keep the team in the top ten list.....but it's a struggle. The event recognizes the top 5 teams (total team donations received) my goal is to get Melissa up on that podium. I can't do it alone.

I've got to come up with MORE donations.......not sure what I can do to get more BB.comers to give. I have some kinda rare unit single stuff I could auction off but I'd rather save that for when we need it for the Mott's donation drives......those donations don't come in like they used to.

Hope you get to make it.....it will be good to see you again. Still thinking the purple hair thing over. Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/13/19 12:22 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #781384 08/13/19 4:01 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2

TEAM ANNA BANANNA is only $17 away from $3000 (60% of our goal) of a $5000 team goal. Who will step up and help a brother out?

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

UPDATE!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!! Now we need $226 to move ahead of the team in front of us.....gota find some more doors to knock on.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/14/19 5:46 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #781458 08/14/19 5:43 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
BUMP.........I need $250 by the end of the day.....anybody out there care to help?????

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2

TEAM ANNA BANANNA Who will step up and help a brother out?

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

NOT too proud to beg.......Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/27/19 12:10 am.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #781737 08/17/19 1:00 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
BUMP..............add YOUR name to the list.?
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul

TEAM ANNA BANANNA Who will step up and help a brother out?

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

NOT too proud to beg.......Gordon in NC

Just moving this to the top. There's a few of you that have given in the past and I'm hoping you'll consider doing it again. Might end up putting some "kinda rare" BSA unit single bits up for sale....would rather save them for a rainy day but a man has to do what a man has to do and this is important to me.

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/21/19 8:29 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #781803 08/18/19 12:48 am
Jon W. Whitley Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Might end up putting some "kinda rare" BSA unit single bits up for sale....would rather save them for a rainy day but a man has to do what a man has to do and this is important to me.

Gordon in NC

C'mon guys, pony up !!

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #781822 08/18/19 3:58 am
GrandPaul Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
You've heard the old racing quote "Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?"

Well, ending this deadly disease costs a heck of a lot of money; How bad do we want to end it?

I can't imagine how bad the Motts, and many like them, want to end it. I want it bad enough to skip fixing up my '67 Bonnie for just a while longer. Thanx for adding me to the list of HONOR, Gordon.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: GrandPaul] #781857 08/18/19 4:17 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Jon and GP.......Thank you two for the support. Look....I get it. You can't save/help everybody.....if you're on FB you get bombed every week for a donation for this and that. To some of you this whole Mott thing is out of place here on bb.com. I get it.

Do what you feel comfortable with.......I'm 100% sure there are some of you that wouldn't give a dime......that's just not the kind of people you are. I'm looking for those who would give a little......and expect nothing in return except for the fact that your donation went to a worthy cause. We can't save/help them all....but a little over 6 years ago a group of us sorta adopted the Mott's and I can't let that go. There was a time when this site was like family to me......the memories are still there and a lot of the folks that helped make those are still around. When David holds a donation drive I never know who "Anonymous" is........only David does. I often wonder why some of you don't add your name to the list....but I write it off as you're one of the Anonymous donors. Now that I'm running one.....I'm wondering where you are because I would have bet money you'd help if asked.

Do what you can....if you can.....no worries if you don't want to....I get it.

Proud to be a Friend of the Mott's.......Gordon in NC who thankfully has made more friends on here than enemies....Bless you all.

PS...I want to add something so there's no misconception....none of the money for this donation drive goes to the Mott's....our other drives David gives 100% of everything to the Mott's to help out with expenses. This donation drive isn't about Anna Mott.....it's about her mom Melissa. You might not have met her but over they years if you've followed this you've gotten to know her. Melissa feels very strongly about this charity enough so she started a team last year. We're doing this to help her. Putting a little sunshine into a life that has to be harder than most of us deal with. (even though...I know some of you are sorta in the same situation and have been for years). Melissa didn't ask for this......she wouldn't but I KNOW she appreciates any help she can get.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/18/19 6:27 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #781951 08/19/19 3:22 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
John Taylor (aka Mr John)
Anonymous 3

Bless all that have donated......we still have a LONG way to go.

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/19/19 10:39 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #782040 08/20/19 1:33 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3

Bless all that have donated......we still have a LONG way to go.

Gordon in NC

With YOUR help we're at 76% of our goal with 30+ days left. Looking at the event history we're going to have to double our goal to keep Melissa in the top ten. I'm going to have to hit the street corner with a cardboard sign that reads " I'm NOT homeless.....I just need your money"

Bless each and every one of you that has helped so far.......Gordon in NC

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #782164 08/21/19 8:28 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Check out the latest donor........to the best of my knowledge this is the FIRST and ONLY site vendor to have ever donated to a Mott family donation drive. Thank you CBS for the very generous donation. I don't know about you folks but this means a LOT to me and says a lot about this company.

CBS, Classic British Spares ......is now a member of TEAM ANNA BANANNA!!!!!!

David Carter
Gordon Gray
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3
CBS (aka Classic British Spares)

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/22/19 9:33 am.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #782320 08/23/19 12:07 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Check out the latest donor........to the best of my knowledge this is the FIRST and ONLY site vendor to have ever donated to a Mott family donation drive. Thank you CBS for the very generous donation. I don't know about you folks but this means a LOT to me and says a lot about this company.

David Carter
Gordon Gray
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3

I'm going to keep on this until the starting gun goes off........some of you COULD come join us in Atlanta......that would be a hoot. If not.......PLEASE consider a small donation. (simply use the hot links in this post) We are trying to keep Melissa's team in the top ten list........we're hanging on but if history repeats itself......we're going to still need HELP!

Of course we'll be back around Xmas asking for money again.........we're like a ex husband or wife......we MIGHT be outa sight but we NEVER go away!!!!!!

Bless each and every one of you that has been kind enough to take the time to help us out here.........bless you, bless you, bless you.

Gordon Gray aka Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/28/19 11:45 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #782454 08/24/19 3:14 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G

David Carter
Gordon Gray
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3

The Team has collected a little over $4000 so far........which is GREAT and I'm grateful but......we're going to need some more to keep Melissa in the top ten.....the top teams are killing it.

Gordon in NC

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #782592 08/25/19 10:24 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
THANKS for joining the team Richrd.........I knew I could count on you to come through. Thank you.

David Carter
Gordon Gray
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3
Richrd (aka Rich Stone)

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #782603 08/26/19 12:36 am
Richrd Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
".we're going to need some more to keep Melissa in the top ten.....the top teams are killing it."

the top ten teams have more people. we have better people.

what if every one from the tsmr gave up the cost of a six pack of Newcastle?

Rich (last remaining member ThreeMustGetBeers)
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando interstate
06 Suzu..Suzu.. uh appliance
couple of beesas a ducati
and the Snake Bike
and a Honda?
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Richrd] #782656 08/26/19 12:40 pm
GrandPaul Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Richrd

LET THE CHALLENGES BEGIN!!!

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: GrandPaul] #782700 08/27/19 12:09 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
Originally Posted by Richrd

LET THE CHALLENGES BEGIN!!!

Now boys THAT'S the spirit!!!!!!! We have 25 days left.......PLENTY of time. How about some of you just come on over to Atlanta and run with me......if I can do it ANYBODY can. If you can't make the trip.......PLEASE help us out with a donation. Big or small it all helps and is greatly appreciated. Melissa is tickled pink.....she never dreamed it would go this well.

YOU have time.....I know some of you are just waiting to mess with me. DON'T make me have to come looking for you.

There are several folks that DO NOT want to give their CC information to anybody online. I have been taking donations via Paypal (I know they have your information too....but) and then imputing them to the foundation. I'll go with any way you want it....your name and amount or leave some or all of it out....I've been doing it every way you can think of....no problem. IF you want to pledge and just send me a personal check.....I'll get your donation to the foundation.....you get to see your name on the team's honor roll on the site as a double check ( pun intended)

Like I said.......don't make me come looking for you.

TEAM ANNA BANANNA - BRITBIKE.COM CHAPTER

You will notice that our fearless leader hasn't added his name to the team member list yet. I'm sure he's one of those that's getting a kick out of making me wait......25 days and counting brothers. DAVID CARTER was the very first person to donate.....some of you have no clue how special that is.......some of you do.

[Linked Image from i50.photobucket.com]

Take care..........Gordon in NC........ANNA'S ARMY

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/27/19 12:25 am.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #782703 08/27/19 12:43 am
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Got some more donations coming!

Hit my cycle club up, still waiting on the treasurer to cut the check...
Hit one of my oldest customers up, and he said he would contribute...

Not sure what my customer will do, and y'all will just have to wait to find out what my club has committed to do!
Suffice it to say I think the tote board will make a nice jump!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #782931 08/28/19 11:43 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
THANK YOU MICHAEL !!!!!!!!! You taken us up to 87% of our goal. Still plenty of time left and a LONG way to go to keep the team in the top ten....but we've been there all along and we're doing all we can to stay there. Some of these teams get a big bump the day of the event because they have folks come out and sign up for the walk and or run. One team had over a hundred members last year.......at $45 or so a head at sign up that's a heck of a bump. Any of you have 100 friends with cash in their pocket with nothing to do Sept 21th????? Pack em up and send them to Atlanta Georgia.....join TEAM ANNA BANANNA

David Carter
Gordon Gray
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke
OLE PUD (aka OP)
Ob1Quixote (aka Robert)
Mike Gordon
Steven Prince
Anonymous
Anonymous 2
GrandPaul
Ton Up NC (aka Chad)
Anonymous 3
Richrd (aka Rich Stone)
Michael Barlett

This list is starting to look like what I hoped it would......still some of you missing but I know you'll come through before Sept 21......I have faith in ya.

A VERY grateful Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 09/14/19 2:15 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #782986 08/29/19 12:37 pm
David in Atlanta Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Seven years ago on today's date, Miss Anna Mott was rushed to the hospital.

My thoughts from 2013-

For most of my adult life, I have kept a diary of what I do during the day, usually just a phrase or two.

One year ago today, 16 year old Anna Mott was rushed via ambulance to the hospital. She was soon diagnosed to have a pineoblastoma, among the rarest of brain tumors.

I went back this morning and checked my 2012 diary to see if I had written anything about Anna.

I had.

My diary said:

"Anna Mott. It is not fair."

It is NOT FAIR

Cancer is a thief. A goddamn thief.

Melissa, dear sweet Melissa, wrote it best in the fall of last year:

"You have my child's eyes, you stole her memory, many of her cognitive skills...

You robbed my girl from her health the past 9 months. You stole events from her... birthdays, parties she wanted to attend, hanging out with friends, father's day, her sweet 16!!!

You made her physically sick, but you also stole her peace of mind. She thought she was overreacting, going crazy.

She wasn't.

Your were just doing your thing. The thing you do...invading, being parasitic, destroying, eating, occupying, stealing."

Cancer is indeed a thief.

Cancer has robbed Anna of her sight, and has robbed us of much of her personality.

Cancer has robbed Anna of high school dances, dates with boys, hanging out at the mall, driving a car, texting silly messages to her friends, reading the classics, enjoying her ballet, and wondering where she will go to college.

Cancer has robbed Anna's beautiful brothers and sisters of time and attention from their mother and father, who have at times been literally been fighting to save Anna's life.

Cancer has robbed Melissa and Steve of peace of mind. Every three months their beloved Anna, their first born, must be screened for cancer. Will she be clear, or will she be given a death sentence? Every three months!

Cancer has robbed the Motts of disposable income. Bills must be paid. Chemotherapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, prescription drugs, ambulance rides, MRI screenings, and school for the blind are not free.

Shortly after I gave Melissa one of our checks, she confided in me that they would not have been able to make it without our help. I did not press her for details. Was it the money we gave? Was it the words of encouragement? Knowing that we cared?

I ask that each of you who follow this story seriously seriously SERIOUSLY consider putting aside a small amount of money aside each month for Anna, to be given to her family each Christmas and on her birthday in May. And I do not mean just this year. I want Britbike to do this as a group for as long as it takes. And it is going to take awhile. Can you spare 20 dollars a month? I can, and I am as cheap as they come. How about 10 bucks? Surely you can do that.

It is my prayer that a significant number of you here in the states and across the pond will dedicate yourselves to chip in and help Anna in her journey every step of the way.

We can CONTINUE to make a real difference in her young life if YOU elect to help.

I will do damn near anything for that girl, and I want you to feel that way too.

It is very gratifying to know that after seven years, we continue to pony up and help Anna. I cannot put into words how grateful and thankful Melissa is every time I hand her our donation.

Proud to be a britbiker.

God bless Anna Mott.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5
73 Triumph Tiger

http://tinyurl.com/beautiful-Anna

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #783185 08/31/19 10:10 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Got my motorcycle club's donation in my hands today, and it will be snail-mailed off next week!
Family Riders MC of Charleston SC {yes, there are other clubs with the same name} has kicked in $500

Page 39 of 40 1 2 37 38 39 40

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership