BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
splittie65
splittie65
Surrey, UK.
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: BSA gearbox oil question..
Morgan aka Admin #781848 08/18/19 2:48 pm
Life member
Life member
Amsoil V Twin motorcycle oil came highly recommended by I forget whom for primaries in our old babies. I have it in the FB. So far so good

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident
Too much moderation is bad for you.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: BSA gearbox oil question..
Semper Gumby #781852 08/18/19 3:45 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
HD oil is done every few years on a bid/contract. The Syn-3 crap came from Citgo. Been out of the industry almost 5 yrs. now so out of the loop.
I will continue to use MAXIMA 15/50 Syn.in our modern Bonny's and my Z-750s with High-Flo # 204 o/f's The Airhead and vintage Brits will get Valvoline VR-1 in the engines. The gear boxes on the Brits & Airhead get Red Line V-twin syn. with shock proof, and primary's get HD non-syn. pri./oil. works just fine on the clutch fibers. minimum rocking in gear to bust the plates loose on cold start. This is what I use works fine, and uncomplicates my life, plus all the products are easy to get here in town. I still enjoy visiting the brick and mortar shops!! Harley's big deal new product at the winter dealer meeting in 02 was "SYN-3 20/50" oil.
It was new because of 2 reasons. The V-Rod came out in 02 with syn. factory fill and 1 oil for the unit engine. 2nd, now the dealers could do away with stocking 55 gal. drums of all the other oils for the shop/parts dept. Motor Company memo ok'd use of Syn.-3 in all Evo, XL and TC's and for your waffles and pancakes. You should have heard some of the early BT 6 spds. with the straight cut 5th gear howling and whining on that crap in our Fl. summer heat!!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership