BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Badmechanic
Badmechanic
Hamburg, Germany
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Psychorider, Shedengineering, Shayne Brown, Snow's Cycles, Scottboy
10858 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 168
reverb 63
NickL 53
quinten 53
Popular Topics(Views)
1,005,157 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,717
Posts679,760
Members10,858
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
76 registered members (Allan Gill), 738 guests, and 757 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Not Long Now.... #780412 08/03/19 5:27 am
Kent Shaun Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Three BSA's are ready, 1 Moto Guzzi on standby, 1 Indian being used Sunday. The Ale is in the oven, getting all nice and warm, fingers are crossed for the rain to come. Meaning it's a proper English summer... grin

Yes lads, this all means we're days away from the BSA International Rally.... ohno

Lies will be told, songs will be sung, beer will be drunk. It'll all go far too quickly, but it'll be yet another memory for the Oxygen Tent...

See all y'all that are coming in the bar, the answer to your question is...Yes please, I'll have a pint... thumbsup

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780423 08/03/19 12:48 pm
I
Irish Swede Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I
The big Davenport, Iowa meet is just three weeks away.
As Kent Shaun says, all that comrad-ship, fun, and with it, memories to be made,

And antique bikes and plenty of bike parts, too!

Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780499 08/04/19 5:37 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Shocking news..... shocked

Don't know how to tell all y'all this, but I'll try....

I SPOKE to a chum yesterday who is attending the Rally, actually talked to him I did...! So what I hear y'all cry, well thing is this lad isn't even in this country...And...? You ask, hang on here dudes, the lad in question wasn't on the land line phone, using an INTERNATIONAL code, or 'Booking' the call via the operator. NO, this lad was at home sat in the comfy chair, and speaking to me on his very own. That he actually used he's own money to buy, Mobile (Cell) phone... shocked

I kid you not lads, this lad who's been sat in the 1970's since I've met him, has FINALLY bitten the bullet, and got himself a Crab Peeler. He'll be using his thumb and pointing finger so much now, he'll be Peeling Crabs like there's no tomorrow... thumbsup

Why I wager that very lad will be sat in Mc Donalds munching down on their Big one, and a Mc Coffee, using their free WiFi scanning Google Maps, then plugging in his Blue Tooth, whilst streaming Banjo music as he rides his M21, the one that jumps out of gear and has done for years... facepalm

Not going to reveal his name, just to save embarrassment for the lad, after all. HE DID moan about everyone and their dog using Crab Peelers all the time, but I'm so pleased for the lad, he's now firmly in the 1990's.... thumbsup

Wonder how he'll feel when I tell him, Cracker Barrel are over here... wink

Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780616 08/05/19 5:46 pm
BeezaBryan Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun

Don't know how to tell all y'all this, but I'll try....

I SPOKE to a chum yesterday who is attending the Rally, actually talked to him I did...! So what I hear y'all cry, well thing is this lad isn't even in this country...And...? You ask, hang on here dudes, the lad in question wasn't on the land line phone, using an INTERNATIONAL code, or 'Booking' the call via the operator. NO, this lad was at home sat in the comfy chair, and speaking to me on his very own. That he actually used he's own money to buy, Mobile (Cell) phone... shocked

I kid you not lads, this lad who's been sat in the 1970's since I've met him, has FINALLY bitten the bullet, and got himself a Crab Peeler. He'll be using his thumb and pointing finger so much now, he'll be Peeling Crabs like there's no tomorrow... thumbsup

Why I wager that very lad will be sat in Mc Donalds munching down on their Big one, and a Mc Coffee, using their free WiFi scanning Google Maps, then plugging in his Blue Tooth, whilst streaming Banjo music as he rides his M21, the one that jumps out of gear and has done for years... facepalm

Not going to reveal his name, just to save embarrassment for the lad, after all. HE DID moan about everyone and their dog using Crab Peelers all the time, but I'm so pleased for the lad, he's now firmly in the 1990's.... thumbsup

Wonder how he'll feel when I tell him, Cracker Barrel are over here... wink

I never did know that folks in that part of the world were born with prehensile thumbs.
Krispy Kreme have crossed to Old England to join Cracker Barrel
Where will it all end

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780632 08/05/19 8:09 pm
MikeG Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Why I wager that very lad will be sat in Mc Donalds munching down on their Big one, and a Mc Coffee, using their free WiFi scanning Google Maps, then plugging in his Blue Tooth, whilst streaming Banjo music as he rides his M21, the one that jumps out of gear and has done for years... :facepalm;)

Has Google maps made it that far into his native territory yet?

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780698 08/06/19 7:52 am
TT John Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Still trying to decide which bike to take on the International yet, if it's going to be, as they say a wet one, I think I may take the Golden Flash with the Avon fairing but if it looks like it should be reasonable weather I may take the A7, I can only take one on this trip as I'm carrying a Lightning for someone else, we know that there is no such thing as bad weather, it's just having the correct clothing, gone are the day's when I had to ride in a gaberdine rain coat & beret, never had proper boots either, we all have the correct gear now.

TTJohn

Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: Kent Shaun] #780699 08/06/19 8:28 am
JubeePrince Offline
Born To Run
Born To Run

Photos, or it didn't happen!! laugh

Looking forward to the ensuing tale of the colonial invasion...

Cheers,

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: Not Long Now.... [Re: JubeePrince] #780778 08/07/19 4:13 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
JubeePrince lad, I'm HOPING someone else will spin the yarns, I'd love to see their side of the story. But I suppose... wink

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership