BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
htown
htown
Magnolia, TX
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Jan Hellinge, Lucas Barwick, NTB31, B. Hunt, JM Ahumada
10826 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 134
NickL 79
DavidP 60
reverb 59
Popular Topics(Views)
973,105 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,377
Posts677,355
Members10,826
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
77 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 411 guests, and 735 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sunday's Run #780592 08/05/19 5:23 am
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Last time as y'all might recall, Cochise had great difficulty climbing hills, and anything on full throttle only produced a cough and a fart. So with no knowledge about them Linkert carbs in me noggin, I went for it. Cos I just knew it'll be the main jet blocked, as it ticked over lovely still, and just HAD to be that. Took the massive nut off the bottom of the Carb, to be greeted by a White powder..! Then once the float bowl was off, I found the float itself was cracked in half. It's made from a type of foam, and where it's attached to the Brass needle valve holder, over tightness of the bolt had caused a crack. As soon as I touched it, the thing fell to bits... shocked

Luckily for me, not too far away is a lad that had the parts needed, can't be arsed with paying bloody Customs Duty from parts ordered in Americky any more.. mad

Cleaned up the Carb, fitted and adjusted the 'Rubber Duck' float, and boxed it all up. Then Hell Hole duties, BSA fettling, life sorting and all that shyte got in the way of me even starting the bike. So as this Weekend was the VMCC's International Rally and Show, I thought, now's me chance....

Dragged Cochise from he's slumbers, half a dozen kicks later he burst into life, first kick... grin

Then proceeded to run like a Swiss watch for the whole 4 miles to the Rally site, where I met up with the Hairy Mong, his son, and the Accent. immediately the Mong had the Primus on and a breakfast sarnie with piping hot tea was thrust into me claw, PERFICK...

Next job was to throw the bike on the Indian club's stand, and mooch about, the club even had a lesser mark on their stand, look...

[Linked Image]

This Rally is great, during the week they have runs out, and loads of people come from all over the World. NOTHING like a BSA international of course, but good just the same. Unfortunately Hell Hole duties meant I'd missed the Saturday 100 mile ride out, but I heard yarns aplenty about it, so not too worry. One day my rota will work out right, or even better I'll join the unemployable in six years, then I'll have all the time in the World... grin

So mooching and going around the jumble it is then...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A modern take on an old theme...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All them bikes were runners, even that WW1 machine gun carrier, not only did the lad ride the lanes of Kent for 100 miles, he kept riding it around the field. Wonderful stuff, and the beer in the beer tent was top notch too. Loads of clubs there putting on displays of bikes, but Club Mummy was most disappointed at me for showing up on an Indian, and not a BSA. I TRIED to explain all three BSA's will be at next week's Rally, but once Mummy is on one, there's no going back...! So she'll have a week of me to put up with now, and y'all don't want THAT do ya.... laughing

The long 4 mile ride home wasn't looked forward too, it's alright going down hill, but climbing UP hill is a whole different barrel of Kippers. I mean, did I REALLY fix that problem..? So with trepidation in my heart, I did the starting ritual and off I set, got to the hill in question and.....

COURSE I fixed it, he romped up it no worries, happy Daze are here again. And so we await, the next epic yarn is but a few moments of life away, Hell Hole Duties first, then it'll be Eat as Much as You can, Drink what you like, sing songs and hear jokes. The BSA International is afoot, see all y'all soon....

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Sunday's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #780623 08/05/19 6:29 pm
R
reverb Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
...4 miles? mate all that stuff at 4 miles from your home? and all riders? no doubt that you lives in some kind of Motorcycles heaven.

Re: Sunday's Run [Re: reverb] #780629 08/05/19 8:03 pm
Lannis Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by reverb
...4 miles? mate all that stuff at 4 miles from your home? and all riders? no doubt that you lives in some kind of Motorcycles heaven.

reverb, never have truer words been spoken. There is more Olde Bike activity, shows, rideouts, weekend pub rides, just in Shaun's county of Kent than there are in the entire United States from one end to the other.

Maybe ONCE in a year, or twice if you go out 400 miles from my house, will you see a gathering and swap meet where most everyone rides their antique (from 60 to 100 years old) bikes in, and there's a real swap meet full of old British bikes, and rideouts to pubs or lunch or local sites during the day.

Shaun rides to one EVERY WEEKEND, all summer long. And we all just sit and watch, OR get on an airplane like we're doing this week coming up, and go to them ourselves.

It IS a fairyland of olde bikes, no doubt about it.

Lannis

Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
BritBike Sponsor