BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
gREgg-K
gREgg-K
Ottawa, Canada
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Heff, kerna, Col, paullowe, Okiewan
10912 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 86
quinten 63
Popular Topics(Views)
1,050,733 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,064
Posts683,148
Members10,912
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (998John), 338 guests, and 911 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 38 of 40 1 2 36 37 38 39 40
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #774282 05/20/19 9:54 am
David in Atlanta Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Donor's list as of May 20:

A Nony Mouse
Anonymous in Georgia
Anonymous in UK
bill50cal
bsawood
htown
Ob1Quixote
Phil M

Anna's birthday is tomorrow.

We have raised about a thousand dollars.

If you are able to help, I need your donation this week.

To send a check, make out to me and say "Anna Mott" in the memo field.

My address is:

David Duke
378 North Peachtree Street
Norcross GA 30071

To donate by Paypal, my email is [email protected] Please indicate it is a gift for Anna.

[Linked Image]

She has hit a rough patch recently and is undergoing a lot of tests (and expenses).

She has been having stomach problems- she does not digest food quickly enough. Two biopsies were taken just to be sure.

Anna also has nerve pain in her feet, so she has been seeing a vascular surgeon .

Couple the above with her occasional dementia, and it makes for stressed out parents and siblings.

Hope you can help

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5
73 Triumph Tiger

http://tinyurl.com/beautiful-Anna

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #774308 05/20/19 4:24 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David.......I'm in and will PayPal you this Thursday. I apologize for it taking so long......I'm usually on top of it. Breaks my heart she's having MORE problems....hasn't that poor girl AND family been through enough.

Gordon in NC.........one of the Friends of the Motts

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #774566 05/23/19 9:38 pm
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Donor's list as of May 20:

A Nony Mouse
Anonymous in Georgia
Anonymous in UK
bill50cal
bsawood
Gordon Gray
htown
Ob1Quixote
Phil M

Total raised to date is $2165.

Melissa had this to say recently on her Facebook page.

I heard a sermon tonight where one part of it entailed the speaker telling a story of and giving all thanks and praise to God for saving her daughter from drowning when the girl was little. It was a beautiful, incredible tale, filled with crazy coincidences that could only be from the Lord. So inspiring.

As I heard it, my mind couldn’t help but ponder:

Ever notice how almost all sermonly examples and touts of God’s works are always Him healing or bringing deliverance, with an awesome tale of showing up just on time with a wonderful outcome?

What about when God doesn’t deliver that miracle? Would the speaker still be singing His praise if the daughter had died that day in the bottom of the deep end of the pool? If God had not “shown up” and provided a deliverer to rescue her child? She had a wonderful, strong faith, but I wonder “what if not”.

What if instead of killing Goliath with that rock, David’s head was crushed under Goliath’s feet in the grand standoff? What if Noah perished on the ark before the water receded and struck dry ground? Where would be there victory in that? Would their families continue to follow Christ and see the purpose in the loss? Would it be shareable?

This same speaker also shared a testimony of having stage 4 cancer and God healed it. Zapped it right gone after her prayer, declaration of, and believing for healing. I’ve heard of that, sure, and I absolutely believe it, but it’s never happened to anyone I know personally. And I’ve prayed over mine in belief, in supplication and some mighty tears.

But what about when He doesn’t? What if all those prayers don’t get one single answer you asked for? What happens to all of us who don’t get their healing or their sight back or whose family member dies from that car wreck? Is our faith not enough? Does God love us less?

[Linked Image]

No he doesn’t. Getting your sight back, waking from a coma, being miraculously healed in an instant from stage 4 cancer...while completely utterly earth shatteringly amazing...I submit that these miracles are temporary and earthly bound. Death comes to all of us eventually, whether we get that miracle we are praying for right now or not.

I propose to you that the real victory comes in living out a life of faith when He shows up big and it all works out...and when it doesn’t.

When Jesus says “no”, when it all falls apart, when you see no way out or up, and you are still praising? That’s victory, my friend. Cause even when we don’t know what it is, He still has a plan. And if we are being honest? From what I’ve seen, most folks don’t get a miracle. They get to walk out the hard. And if you’re living out the hard, He’s there. Keep on keeping on. You’re pressing on to get that prize. And friend?

That’s victorious. That’s share worthy.

Please consider a donation to help out Anna for her birthday.

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 05/24/19 10:20 am.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5
73 Triumph Tiger

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #775770 06/06/19 2:16 pm
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
This past Monday I had the honor of once again presenting OUR check to Anna and her family.

We raised $2,680

Final Donors List

A Nony Mouse
Anonymous in Georgia
Anonymous in UK
bill50cal
bsawood
David in Atlanta
Edward in Chattanooga
Gordon Gray
htown
Jon W Whitley
Ob1Quixote
Phil M

You all are the best.

Melissa and Steve said "bikers are the most generous people out there."

I tried to correct them, saying my experience is that most people, when given the opportunity, are generous.

"No, no, no" they insisted. "Bikers are the best."

Who am I to argue the point?

Anna thinks so too.

God Bless Anna Mott

Last edited by David in Atlanta; 06/06/19 2:46 pm.

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5
73 Triumph Tiger

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #775870 06/07/19 7:42 pm
PhilM Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
David,

A wonderful video by Anna and thanks for posting, it's an honour to be involved in some small way. Dementia places such a great test on the individual and family but hopefully Anna will continue to prove she's up to the challenge.

Best Regards

Phil

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779363 07/22/19 10:10 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Anna has not been doing well emotionally for several years now- it is suspected the meds she is on since her seizure have changed her.

It is taking a tremendous toll on Melissa.

A recent post.

Hearbreaking...

For not a few months I have had the plan to spend a peaceful weekend away, in the quiet, with no interruptions, resting and crafting, with my precious, dearest friend. I planned us meals, she brought firewood. I thrifted, she thrifted. Two bedrooms, two people, two rocking chairs, one porch, one tv, and lots of fun. What could go wrong? Anna. She had to come with me. The past few months, Anna has been out of control emotionally. Basically, through no fault of her own, she’s a terrorist and I’m a hostage. Well, her brain damage is the terrorist. She has no say in this. The weekend, although productive, fun and a blessing, was not at all what we planned. It was a total and literal manifestation of all I have feared in the last months. When my work picks up again, I don’t know what I’m going to do. Not only did Anna insist she come, she actually, literally, had a bathroom attack over 60 times in 30 hours, she raged, she screamed, she cried, she terrorized. Because she only wants to be home and she wants me here too. Miraculously she was fantastic on the ride home. She was finally getting what she wanted and needed. But me? I fell apart. I don’t know how much more I can take. When I look to the future, I’ve seen no hope. Driving down that stretch of highway, I just began crying out to God. He knows I have to deal with this and His Word says I can do ALL things through Him. And dang it, I’ve not given up once. So He has to stick to His part of that deal, right? My heart screamed at him that He just has to help me with this caregiving of my child. He has to help me do this Hard.

God Bless Anna Mott

David in Atlanta
73 BMW R75/5
73 Triumph Tiger

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779388 07/22/19 3:52 pm
BeezaBryan Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
How it is done in US I do not know but what I do know is that there is a need for respite care, I fear for Melissa mental well being.

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779389 07/22/19 3:58 pm
A
Adam M. Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
A
Yes, heart braking and so common being in a caregiver position, which we know very well taking care of my 98 years old mother in law and a daughter with anxiety disorder. Sometimes it's hard as hell and with no hope at all.

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779391 07/22/19 4:01 pm
GrandPaul Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Wow.

Just re-evaluated my priorities.

We have it made...

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779875 07/27/19 9:38 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
TEAM ANNA BANANNA

You know that "we" come around twice a year asking for donations for the Motts. You've NEVER let us ( or the Motts) down and David ( Bless him) has always been able to present them with a check.

I'm here asking for donations again.........for something a little different. This money WILL NOT go to the Motts but instead it goes to a foundation that they support. It's the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation. I have teamed up with the Motts this year and I'm trying to raise money in their behalf. I have started a Facebook Fundraiser and if you're not on Facebook you can donate through the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation directly.......Just make sure you donate for TEAM ANNA BANANNA. This September 21, 2019 they are having an event and I will be a member of TEAM ANNA BANANNAand will run a timed 5K with them. PLEASE consider donating to the team. Right now we have TEAM ANNA BANANNA in the top 10 teams (money raised) but it's going to be hard to keep it there without some help.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me through Facebook or at [email protected]

Donate........or........JOIN us in Atlanta Georgia September and run with us......Join TEAM ANNA BANANNA

The event is called RACE FOR RESEARCH. I'm trying to get links to work but if they don't just google it and it should come up and donating is as easy as pressing a button.

Thank you in advance........IF I'VE EVER done you a favor......here's your chance to pay me back.

Gordon in NC........proud member of TEAM ANNA BANANNA

PS....look me up on Facebook and donate to my fundraiser or donate directly through the links on this post. PLEASE if you donate through the foundation do it forTEAM ANNA BANANNA AND note you're from BritBike.com.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:05 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779906 07/28/19 12:34 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Ob1quixote] #779927 07/28/19 7:33 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Thanks bud......I was fighting getting links to work but I "think" my TEAM ANNA BANANNA links are working. You need to come on out and join us......it's a family affair. I'm planning on coming in late Friday......get up early ( if you know me I do not like to be late for anything).....meet the Motts.....do the event and then head home. I figure they will be pretty worn out by noon. I'm hoping Anna will be in the mood to be there.......if not, she'll be there in spirit and we'll cover for her.

Gordon in NC proud member of TEAM ANNA BANANNA.........YOU can join too.....come on out and walk, run or just stand around and meet the Motts.

PS......if you all can't be there......consider donating to the FB fundraiser or go through the foundation's site and donate to TEAM ANNA BANANNA....help lift them up.

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 07/31/19 11:50 am.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #779944 07/28/19 11:25 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Darn sure gonna try to contribute, cuz cancer sucks.
Gotta see what the Accounts Receivable looks like 'tween now and then, I'm sure there will be something available!

Making the trip, hard to say. Already have a weekend out of town planned in September, no promises!

But I do have a planned Anna visit coming up in the next few weekends! Watching the weather for a good trip; dont mind running into a passing shower, not a weather front!
And gotta pick a weekend when the work load is low, self employed auto painters work when there is work to be done.
Been saying for years that I wanted to go back and visit the Motts, looks like it will finally happen!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780029 07/29/19 11:11 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
I want to thank the folks that have helped me with this so far......I'm considering it a personal favor.

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie (thank you both for posting your names.......the Motts know who you are)
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Royal Oilfield (aka Brian)
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain

In the running world the 5K is just baby steps..........but for me it's been a long road from 5 bypasses to a 5K.

I have my fingers crossed I have a corporate sponsor on board.......gota wait and see. IF they help I'll be wearing everything I can with their logo.......that is until the half way point....then I'm swapping hats. I'm proudly wearing a Carter Brothers cap across the finish. I'll also be carrying some of my best friends ashes with me.......he died from his second brain tumor and I was there when he took his last breath. We'd been best friends since the 6th grade. His first tumor was as large as a softball but was flattened out between his skull and brain. This event means a lot to me on different levels.

Consider giving $5. I know it's not going directly to the Motts this time but it will go to something they feel strongly about......brain tumor research. I'll consider it a personal favor......we have plenty of time till September 21.

Proud member of TEAM ANNA BANANNA..........Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:13 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #780145 07/31/19 12:02 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Okay.......I "think" I found the problem. I've been spelling BANANA wrong all this time........it's TEAM ANNA BANANNA.

Sorry about that.......I've gone back over and tried to correct that. TEAM ANNA BANANNA does make more sense and I should have known better. Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

IF..........you attended the early days of the TSMR or the MID OHIO GET TOGETHER that was me giving to you. I NEVER was a fan of the "passing the hat" at those things.....yes I took the money and appreciated it but it was never my intent and those of you that were in the inner circle knew that.

NOW.........I'm asking that you give me something......$5 will work......pay back. I'll only see it as a number on the screen but this foundation means a lot to the Mott's. This is their third year being part of it and I'd like to help them make an impact. Let's lift the MOTT'S........Lord knows they could use something good in their lives. Caring for ANNA seems to be getting harder on them instead of easier.......it's heart breaking. I KNOW some of you out there are and have been caregivers.......you know the pain and struggles. A little joy can help.

Thanks for the help so far.........and for putting up with me.

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Bryan and Marie (thank you both for posting your names.......the Motts know who you are)
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jim Hunsberger ( aka the Hippy)

Gordon in NC Proud member of TEAM ANNA BANANNA..........consider joining the team there's ONLY 52 days left...what ya waiting for?

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:12 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780210 07/31/19 10:23 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Looks like this weekend will be my Anna and the Motts visit! Temps are right, rains seems limited to afternoon pop-ups, time to GO!
About a 300 mile trip ( and I wont be slabbin' it!)

Anybody want to "sponsor" my trip?
Just contribute 2 cents per mile to Gordon's links, adds up to $6
Every bit counts. Brain tumors suck.

Yeah, it will be on my appliance...
Does it REALLY matter...?

{GG, my name will be on your list as soon as the monthly income comes in!}

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Ob1quixote] #780217 07/31/19 11:20 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Have a safe trip and give ALL the Mott's a hug from me.

I'm not worried about you donating....you always come through......no worries. We still have 52 days and I'm beating every bush I can think of. Still have a slim chance for a sponsor...( at least they haven't said no yet) ....I love those people/company and have my fingers crossed they will help out.

To Donate is defined as “to give something of value or support which contributes toward the cause for the benefit of another” . . .

I'm keeping the list current........wanta see some of that ole dusty money some of you got stashed away.

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 07/31/19 11:28 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #780223 08/01/19 12:04 am
Jon W. Whitley Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray

Thanks for the help so far.........and for putting up with me.

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain

Count me in Gordon. I sent a donation through the Southeastern Brain Tumor Foundation. I didn't see..or must have missed the note, but it was after I selected Team Ann Bananna.

http://support.sbtf.org/site/TR?fr_id=1170&pg=entry

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780231 08/01/19 12:38 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
You got it Jon......The Motts and I both thank you.

Folks, it doesn't matter if you use the foundation site or the FB Fundrasier.......as long as your donating to TEAM ANNA BANANNA it helps keep the team lifted.

The list is growing.....we're all in this together.

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley

To Donate is defined as “to give something of value or support which contributes toward the cause for the benefit of another” . . .

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:10 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Gordon Gray] #780234 08/01/19 1:12 am
Jon W. Whitley Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Thank you Gordon !!

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: Jon W. Whitley] #780262 08/01/19 1:19 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by Jon W. Whitley
Thank you Gordon !!

No sir Mr Jon.........we thank you!!!!!

We are at 25% of our goal........PLEASE consider helping us make 100%

TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:10 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780580 08/05/19 1:30 am
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Had a nice visit with Anna and almost all the Motts, Steve was stuck working {again!}
Nice weather allowed us to sit out on the deck while the kids splashed in the grandparent's pool.

Learned that while Anna doesnt listen to movies since she has difficulty keeping up with a new plot, she is an absolute pro quotes from movies pre-tumor that she still enjoys since she can visualize from before. Downright amazing, she can run whole lines of the script!

She has gained a good bit of weight over the years, so much nicer than the thin girl I met those years back.

After she had a nap {who doesnt like a nap, I do!}, we went out for dinner at an Asian/Latin fusion joint. Very interesting mix of tastes, might have to look into local offerings...

Thanks Melissa and all the Motts for a great afternoon!

[Linked Image]

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780602 08/05/19 12:46 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Looks like a GREAT time...really good photo...love that Anna's gaining weight. Who's that beside Aaron......his girlfriend, your daughter or BOTH????

Folks......still time to help lift TEAM ANNA BANANNA.......our team list is growing.

David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke

Gordon in NC

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/05/19 2:21 pm.
Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780608 08/05/19 1:58 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Not my daughter, but yes his girlfriend!

Re: Picture Request - Please Read [Re: David in Atlanta] #780717 08/06/19 4:58 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
David Carter
Alex Sohn
Tom Davis
Greg Borneman
Patrick "Patman" McGraw
Zimm
In memory of Ben Strain
Jon W Whitley
Marlin Mankamyer
David Duke

Let's add YOUR name to the list/team. We have until September 21st but I'd rather hit a home run in the 1st than wait for a nail biter in the 9th.

Just click on this link to join and help lift TEAM ANNA BANANNA

Gordon in NC.......trying to make the next chapter of my life......the best one yet.

PS.....I'm pretty lame at this internet thing and a LOT of my hot links are broken......THIS ONE SHOULD WORK!!!!!!!

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 08/06/19 5:08 pm.
Page 38 of 40 1 2 36 37 38 39 40

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership