BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
HawaiianTiger
HawaiianTiger
Maui Hawaii
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
GoTriples, Jan Hellinge, Lucas Barwick, NTB31, B. Hunt
10827 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 140
NickL 75
reverb 61
DavidP 60
Popular Topics(Views)
974,282 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,394
Posts677,439
Members10,827
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
92 registered members (Adam M.), 426 guests, and 784 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Today's Run #779913 07/28/19 3:56 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Coast to Coast today's run was, if you look at the map of Olde Blighty, and the Kent bit in particular, you'll see that it's possible to ride from the sea at the top, to the sea at the bottom. And Yoda had arranged that we meet at a Cafe very close to Sheerness, so with great excitement I wheeled out the Thunderbolt, placed me size 11 on the kickstart. Switch on after flooding the Carb, and she fired right up, although a tad *Muffled* I KNOW what that means, sod it...! I've done it AGAIN... facepalm

When I changed the oil t'other day, I'd overfilled it, I keep doing that. Think it's due to me old eyes not being able to see the filling hole under the seat, then as the engine ran, the oil started to pump out all over the floor of me driveway. Bloody long line of it there was too, the Lovely Janette is going to kill me, was me first thought... ohno

But what ya gonna do, so into first and off to get a tank full of liquid Gold, then down to the first meeting point...

I DID take photos, but for some reason they didn't come out... mad

So we hit the road, and got to the final meeting point, where we had a good Nose Bag, and chat with the lads, then outside for more chatting, where I spotted a car reversing. The Woman driver was looking at us talk, whilst still going backwards, then....BANG... Yup, she hit one of the bikes...All the lads were out in force...

[Linked Image]

The back of her car was damaged badly, dents in costly places, and the rear light lens broke. The Bike, just a small dent in the headlight rim, a slightly bent clutch lever, and the side stand bent a tad. The bike was ride-able... thumbsup

So off we went, and not long into the ride we came to the bridge on the Isle of Sheppy, not seen this lift for like..Ever..! So it was special to see...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just two Yachts going through with high masts, so not long to wait lads...

[Linked Image]

And out into the lanes we did go, where I, had to point the way at one stage...

[Linked Image]

Then the back marker came and I was off...

[Linked Image]

Yoda had picked a fantastic route, seemed like we were riding for ages, down lovely wiggly roads, and some even had Grass in the middle. PERFICK, but all too soon we came to the end of our ride, a lovely Pub on the Romney Marsh with the sea just about in sight, if you stood on the roof of the pub that is...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A pint and a chat made for a wonderful Sunday run, just great. BUT, there was that oil on the driveway, in the back of my mind. What on Earth will the Lovely Janette say..? Should I look around for another woman..? Or maybe even another place to live on me own..? Did I marry the right woman I asked meself on that long ride home... ohno

Pulled up outside, left the engine running so she'd hear it, but she didn't come to the garden gate with that *Look* on her face. So I put the bike in the fettling shed, and with trepidation I opened up the gate, and walked into the house. There she was, doing woman's work, she slowly turned her head and said....

How's the Bike... shocked

So I DID marry the right woman after all, she saw the oil and thought there was a problem with the bike, and was worried all day about it... laughing

I tells ya lads, it don't get much better than that... beerchug

I must apologise for the lack of photos, think the problem was I took the camera out of the computer, before it had finished sucking the photos out of it. I must try harder, sorry lads...

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #779917 07/28/19 4:33 pm
R
reverb Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
Indeed you are a lucky man.
Great motorcycles this time.
Is not clearly why the woman do that with the car?

Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #779918 07/28/19 4:41 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
reverb lad, she was far too interested in what we were doing, rather than looking where her car was going..! Just glad she came out worse off that the lad with the bike, she MIGHT pay more attention next time she's behind the wheel.... wink

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 07/28/19 4:42 pm.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
BritBike Sponsor