BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,525
Joined: May 2010
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
NTB31, B. Hunt, JM Ahumada, Michael nelson, [email protected]
10824 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 139
NickL 78
DavidP 68
reverb 58
Popular Topics(Views)
972,335 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,364
Posts677,205
Members10,824
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
13 registered members (998John), 76 guests, and 400 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? #778808 07/16/19 2:17 pm
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,342
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,342
Do NOT send your riding gear, take it on the plane. Lannis sent me his stuff, in a 25lb parcel, bloody customs have made me PAY £59 import duty for it... mad

After a long search on the HMRC website, I FINALLY found a form to print off, and hopefully if it gets to a human being, I MIGHT get me money back... help

And naturally you can't speak with anyone, even though we've all got a phone in our pockets, these money grabbers will only communicate via a computer.. mad

Right, back to getting the bikes ready for all the fun... wink


I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #778814 07/16/19 3:43 pm
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Allan Gill Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
I took my riding gear to Aus and the USA, only difference was I took my full face helmet to Petaluma in my hand luggage and for Aus I bought an open-faced helmet whilst there (got to say helmets in the UK are cheaper) the open face was good because I could pack it in my case as if it wasn't there (filled it with socks etc)

Most airlines will do 30kg for long haul (think Emirates will do more) and this proved adequete for the flight out, struggled a bit coming back but that had something to do with the several bottles of wine tucked away in my bike boots.

You can always wear your jacket onto the plane which also saves a bit of bag weight and when you get off you'll probably want it for the warmth laughing


beerchug
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Allan Gill] #778833 07/16/19 6:01 pm
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
BeezaBryan Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
Originally Posted by Allan Gill
I took my riding gear to Aus and the USA, only difference was I took my full face helmet to Petaluma in my hand luggage and for Aus I bought an open-faced helmet whilst there (got to say helmets in the UK are cheaper) the open face was good because I could pack it in my case as if it wasn't there (filled it with socks etc)

Most airlines will do 30kg for long haul (think Emirates will do more) and this proved adequete for the flight out, struggled a bit coming back but that had something to do with the several bottles of wine tucked away in my bike boots.

You can always wear your jacket onto the plane which also saves a bit of bag weight and when you get off you'll probably want it for the warmth laughing


I really do not understand, we have done a few trips where we needed to take riding gear.
This was us ready for the airport at the start of Bryan & Marie's 2014 Big Adventure MKIII.
Six+ weeks of USA International Petaluma, Three State Mountain Ride and Ohio Valley BSAOC Summer Meet.
The soft bag held all our riding gear - helmets, jackets boots gloves etc plus some other stuff.
All within our baggage allowance, no extra cost.

[Linked Image]

Coming back from an earlier trip I filled my boots beerchug

[Linked Image]


Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan



Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #778846 07/16/19 6:45 pm
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Well, to help along with my reasoning in the interest of understanding, my plan is to land at 'Eafrow while Shaun is returning from French France, make my way through Lunnon on the trains and tubes, and fetch up at some point in Chatham where the International ride begins for me.

I thought it would be a good idea to pack up most of my stuff in a box (18" x 18" x 16", not too big, and about 25 pounds) and send it on to Shaun's, since there is a $50 charge on the airline for a checked bag anyhow, AND I would not have to hump this load from 'Eafrow Terminal 5 to wherever the train station is, and then to the tube station, and then to King's Cross train station, then on the train to Chatham, then wherever I go from there. I'd only be carrying a backpack with overnight essentials and travel items in it.

Alas, that bit of convenience comes with a cost. One way, such a box costs $136 postage plus $73 customs fees (which I'm sure Shaun's poison pen prose will convince the wasp-chewing bulldogs at the Customs shed to remit or reduce, since it's coming back home in a week, I'm not selling this tat in the UK).

Live and learn. Convenience is not allowed these days, and coming BACK will be no such walk in the park ....

So I'll get the first round in!

Lannis


Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: BeezaBryan] #778864 07/16/19 9:11 pm
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Allan Gill Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by Allan Gill
I took my riding gear to Aus and the USA, only difference was I took my full face helmet to Petaluma in my hand luggage and for Aus I bought an open-faced helmet whilst there (got to say helmets in the UK are cheaper) the open face was good because I could pack it in my case as if it wasn't there (filled it with socks etc)

Most airlines will do 30kg for long haul (think Emirates will do more) and this proved adequete for the flight out, struggled a bit coming back but that had something to do with the several bottles of wine tucked away in my bike boots.

You can always wear your jacket onto the plane which also saves a bit of bag weight and when you get off you'll probably want it for the warmth laughing


I really do not understand, we have done a few trips where we needed to take riding gear.
This was us ready for the airport at the start of Bryan & Marie's 2014 Big Adventure MKIII.
Six+ weeks of USA International Petaluma, Three State Mountain Ride and Ohio Valley BSAOC Summer Meet.
The soft bag held all our riding gear - helmets, jackets boots gloves etc plus some other stuff.
All within our baggage allowance, no extra cost.

[Linked Image]

Coming back from an earlier trip I filled my boots beerchug

[Linked Image]


beerchug


beerchug
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Lannis] #778921 07/17/19 8:13 am
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
BeezaBryan Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
Originally Posted by Lannis
Well, to help along with my reasoning in the interest of understanding, my plan is to land at 'Eafrow while Shaun is returning from French France, make my way through Lunnon on the trains and tubes, and fetch up at some point in Chatham where the International ride begins for me.

I thought it would be a good idea to pack up most of my stuff in a box (18" x 18" x 16", not too big, and about 25 pounds) and send it on to Shaun's, since there is a $50 charge on the airline for a checked bag anyhow, AND I would not have to hump this load from 'Eafrow Terminal 5 to wherever the train station is, and then to the tube station, and then to King's Cross train station, then on the train to Chatham, then wherever I go from there. I'd only be carrying a backpack with overnight essentials and travel items in it.

Alas, that bit of convenience comes with a cost. One way, such a box costs $136 postage plus $73 customs fees (which I'm sure Shaun's poison pen prose will convince the wasp-chewing bulldogs at the Customs shed to remit or reduce, since it's coming back home in a week, I'm not selling this tat in the UK).

Live and learn. Convenience is not allowed these days, and coming BACK will be no such walk in the park ....

So I'll get the first round in!

Lannis



Ah! I see your dilemma Lannis.
My post is really not so appropriate as we had a cab from our door to Manchester Airport and later met by the late great Mr Ben at Pittsburgh.


Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan



Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Lannis] #779264 07/21/19 3:36 am
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,342
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,342
Live and learn. Convenience is not allowed these days, and coming BACK will be no such walk in the park ....

Lannis lad, it'll be even harder for you on the return trip.... shocked

You'll have to pack your bags and throw them in the boot of the Czech Republic Limousin, sit there wrapped in fake leather. Glide around the car park that is the M25 motorway, before getting out to throw them very bags in a trolley. MAN that's going to be REALLY hard... laughing


I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779289 07/21/19 2:13 pm
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Offline
Moto Mojo
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
We went for the *upgrade* on British Airways, it's called PREMIUM economy laughing So each of us is allowed 2 bags of 25kg each. I think this is the "value added" part of the ticket:
first, they dangle the low cost carrot
click on that to find you get to sleep in the hold, they rent you an oxygen mask and blanket for X.00 $$. No actual travel baggage allowed, only the emotional baggage from your sh*tty upbringing.

Then they shine the carrot up a wee bit, now you're at the upgrade economy level. An actual seat on the plane although it's the tiny one meant for a 3 year old. BUT you are "allowed" 1 bag at 25kg weight limit. (hint: you still haven't selected your seat, remember it's *value added*)

Next, the carrot gets bigger and shinier. Now you're at *premium* economy... Allowance of TWO 25kg bags per person, and a seat meant for an actual adult human.
So you see, there's LEVELS , there's *TIERS*. We po folk have OPTIONS. We are (not so) free to choose amongst 3 or 4 levels of misery back in Cattle Class! You want plain ol, normal misery or misery of the highest order? laughing And now that I think of it, I believe we chose what used to be simple, normal "Economy" (2 steps up from oxygen mask & blanket in the hold) where you get a one bag allowance and a regular seat choice going over but opted up for *premium* economy (top tier n Misery Class) coming back... ?

BUT THERE'S MORE
NO seats have been selected for these flights. Yet. (cue soundtrack music for "Jaws", and... go)


OH, wait a minute.... what's this? OK so now there's a charge to CHOOSE where you wish to sit in whatever class of cabin you've chosen. For FREE, THEY tell you where to sit. For FREE, you can wait til 24 hours before flight time, check-in online and choose amongst the few remaining seats... Now, this is where they break the families up, a lot like our very own ICE is doing now. Screaming, squirming babies separated from their mothers and thrust into a seat closest to you, etc etc etc. You MAY see your loved ones later, maybe not. You certainly will have no idea where they've been sent. OH! The horror! shocked

SO What is it worth to you to sit, A: comfortably, B: together, and C: where you wish to sit (IE: window, center, aisle, etc). The price gets higher as your selection gets more selective. Remember it's *value* "added" as in the *value* (IE our hard earned $$) added to THEIR pockets, and Robbed from OUR pockets.

:sigh:
Ah well, all this JUST to visit with many friends, but O! what price, friendship? Well a quality friendship is priceless. Right? 400-500 quality friends gathered together in a beautiful part of the world to ride vintage motorcycles for a week?
You gonna put a price on that? You gonna put a budget ceiling on that?
Exotic travels,
Friendship,
Vintage motorcycles,
Adventure,
Great food,
Lovely ales...

Well I could tell you what WE are paying... suffice it to say, we're packing our gear along, we WONT be lugging it through the train stops and trolley cars, and we WON'T have some desperate, lonely, bewildered, screaming baby to tend to while we sit in our rather comfy Aisle seats as we fly.
Exotic travels to visit friends and ride motorcycles etc etc etc... PRICELESS laugh

LOL

beerchug

Last edited by ricochetrider; 07/21/19 2:19 pm.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779365 07/22/19 10:37 am
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Allan Gill Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
LOL!!! This sounds like most forms of airlines, apart from United... with united you have live entertainment such as Russian roulette and you hope you don’t punches first.

I flew Qatar to Aus and they were very good, although I still rate Emirates about the best. Think they are both 30 or 32kg baggage, I flew Aer Lingus to Petaluma and to be fair that was quite pleasant.


beerchug
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: ricochetrider] #779378 07/22/19 1:45 pm
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
You want plain ol, normal misery or misery of the highest order? laughing


I chose the cheapest - misery of the highest order. Still cheapest even when I get done paying for shipping the stuff.

It's only about 9 hours on the plane gate to gate; I can put up with anything for 9 hours. I rode a Greyhound bus once from Lynchburg, Virginia to Marietta, Georgia in order to pick up a motorcycle to ride back home; that was a true 11 hour third-world experience, complete with orange peels, screaming kids, chicken legs, and 350-pound seat partners ...

So I've had worse! I don't expect anything except bare survival from an airline these days.

Lannis


Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779421 07/22/19 9:36 pm
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Allan Gill Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Worst I’ve had was on a trip home from Dubai last year, the lady on the isle seat was quite rude to put it nicely. Bare feet on the armrests of the seats in front. Refused to speak English to anyone even the attendants (didn’t think anything of it until she made a phone call before we landed, spoke perfect English then) and took things off the trolly without asking. I spent the flight leaning over towards my partners seat whilst she literally spread out.

Almost as bad was the person which bounced the back of my seat every time they wanted to get up (which was often on a 14 hour flight) then put their hand all over the tv screen before getting back into the seat, quite deliberately.


beerchug
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Allan Gill] #779431 07/22/19 10:27 pm
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Offline
Moto Mojo
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
Originally Posted by Allan Gill
LOL!!! This sounds like most forms of airlines, apart from United... with united you have live entertainment such as Russian roulette and.....


United is numero uno on my personal "do not fly" list.
British Airways. is solid, I've heard good things about both Aer Lingus and Qatar. I was looking at Norwegain Air but they don't fly direct out of Newark or direct into Heathrow from anywhere convenient to me. I've also dreamt of Icelandic Airways- because if you fly with them, all flights go through Rejkavik- and you get a free 24 hour stopover allowance to spend a night in their capitol city, before continuing on your way to wherever you are headed...
American Airlines is affiliate with BA and to be truthful, while not horrible, they aren't as good as BA. I've flown Alitalia too and the food (and of course the coffee) is awesome, even if the Italian flight crews can be, um... moody. laughing

I usually tend to pick and airline, join their "club" and collect points. Not that I've ever accumulated enough points to do anything (or not much) with... I had some almost significance points built once with a U.S. airline once (Continental maybe, back in teh day?) and handed them off to Miss C so she could get a goodly discount on a ticket to somewhere... but that remains another subset within the realm of "unobtainium"- seems the lines keeps moving, the more points you collect, the further the line moves from where your points (IE money spent) are worth anything.

But hey, watch wanna do, right? Fly, we must. Stay in the occasional hotel we must. I've reached the point in my life where I have no tolerance for bad service and damn title tolerance for discomfort. Even the cheapest flight costs a bundle and I expect some measure of reward for my money, limited tho it may be! The value added system is crap for sure, but when you drop a dime on an expensive ticket only to be treated like sh*t, they should at least offer some small amenities, like a snack or free movies along the way.


"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779441 07/23/19 1:09 am
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Back during the last couple years I was working, I was travelling a LOT, so I got a credit card that joined with the airline points, where anytime I used the credit card, or flew on the airline, I'd build up big points that could be used for free ticket upgrades, free hotel stays, all sorts of things.

The card had $90 a year in fees. I had it for three years, flew a dozen times, stayed in dozens of hotels.

But as you say, the bar kept moving. It was a "Free Beer Tomorrow!" sort of scenario. I could never catch up with the ever changing bar, or hack my way through all the exceptions, provisos, and quid-pro-quos involved with the card.

In the end, all I ever got out of it was the privilege of paying $270 in card fees. I won't be making THAT mistake again! What a scam.

Lannis


Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779452 07/23/19 5:20 am
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
BeezaBryan Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,225
Another United non-fan here.
Continental were good for us until they got swallowed up by United. Pure unadulterated shyte telephone customer (non) service yet we found the opposite on the ground at Pittsburgh & Dulles, must have been ex Continental people.
Back in the '70s I used to smile at this picture on the restaurant bar wall when I was living at the Memling hotel, Kinshasa DRC little realising that many years later it would be me getting shafted
[Linked Image]


Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan



Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: BeezaBryan] #779477 07/23/19 11:42 am
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 549
Ian Clifton Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 549
In 2015 I flew from Manchester UK to Chicago then on to Detroit.. I'd booked with BA but their partner airline AA would be handling the flight. I admit I've been spoilt by flying on Emirates 777's or A380's but what a disappointment the plane was.. It still had the ceiling mounted central aisle CRT's with a one film for all thing going on!! shocked
Then on my return the plane at Chicago had 'issues' so we had to spend more time in the Bar, but that I didn't mind!! laughing beerchug

Last edited by Ian Clifton; 07/23/19 11:44 am.

Just a few Beezers.. ☺

Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779514 07/23/19 6:56 pm
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Me personal, I don't really notice what's going on in the plane. I've flown a lot, and across the continent and across the oceans, but I simply sit quietly and mentally help the pilots fly the plane.

I know all of the airliner crashes in the last 50 years and why they happened. Maintenance failures, pilot error, pilot distraction, equipment failures, and I'm just sitting there trying to make sure that the pilots are calm in spirit (as far as I can project it), and make sure that I'm ready to act if someone jumps up and charges the cockpit or tries to open a door or pulls a boxcutter or something. I'll be the first one on him and the last one off.

I don't need movies or entertainment or to be served food or any of that. If I have a few hours notice as to when the flight takes off, I will manage my own personal biology so that I can maintain my record of never having used an airplane lavatory in 40 years of flying. It absolutely amazes me when people get on a plane, and the second the plane is at cruising altitude, there's a line stretching the length of the aisle for the loo. Am I the only one on the plane that doesn't have a bladder the size of a peanut? I'll have a bottle of water with me and manage it carefully.

If the guys on a Flying Fortress or a Lancaster or a B24 could fly for 8 hours in -50 degF air in an unpressurized plane in leather and wool and a flak jacket and oxygen masks with bullets and flak shrapnel coming through the side of the plane, and get home and do it again the next day and the next and the next, surely I can sit quietly in a cushioned seat in the air conditioning with no bullets or flak, in my regular clothes, without being worried about whether my sandwich has come into contact with peanuts, or whether the person across the aisle is snoring?

Lannis


Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Ian Clifton] #779528 07/23/19 9:39 pm
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Allan Gill Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 5,826
Originally Posted by Ian Clifton
In 2015 I flew from Manchester UK to Chicago then on to Detroit.. I'd booked with BA but their partner airline AA would be handling the flight. I admit I've been spoilt by flying on Emirates 777's or A380's but what a disappointment the plane was.. It still had the ceiling mounted central aisle CRT's with a one film for all thing going on!! shocked
Then on my return the plane at Chicago had 'issues' so we had to spend more time in the Bar, but that I didn't mind!! laughing beerchug


facepalm laughing


beerchug
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: BeezaBryan] #779612 07/24/19 6:14 pm
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Offline
Moto Mojo
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
Originally Posted by Lannis
Me personal, I don't really notice what's going on in the plane. I've flown a lot, and across the continent and across the oceans, but I simply sit quietly and mentally help the pilots fly the plane.

I know all of the airliner crashes in the last 50 years and why they happened. Maintenance failures, pilot error, pilot distraction, equipment failures, and I'm just sitting there trying to make sure that the pilots are calm in spirit (as far as I can project it), and make sure that I'm ready to act if someone jumps up and charges the cockpit or tries to open a door or pulls a boxcutter or something. I'll be the first one on him and the last one off.

I don't need movies or entertainment or to be served food or any of that. If I have a few hours notice as to when the flight takes off, I will manage my own personal biology so that I can maintain my record of never having used an airplane lavatory in 40 years of flying. It absolutely amazes me when people get on a plane, and the second the plane is at cruising altitude, there's a line stretching the length of the aisle for the loo. Am I the only one on the plane that doesn't have a bladder the size of a peanut? I'll have a bottle of water with me and manage it carefully.

If the guys on a Flying Fortress or a Lancaster or a B24 could fly for 8 hours in -50 degF air in an unpressurized plane in leather and wool and a flak jacket and oxygen masks with bullets and flak shrapnel coming through the side of the plane, and get home and do it again the next day and the next and the next, surely I can sit quietly in a cushioned seat in the air conditioning with no bullets or flak, in my regular clothes, without being worried about whether my sandwich has come into contact with peanuts, or whether the person across the aisle is snoring?

Lannis


Ha, and here I am thinking for the considerable money spent, I want a wee bit of something in return. Relative comfort, maybe a bite of something semi decent on an 8 hour flight, and a pleasant flight crew aren't too much to hope for, methinks.

Flying is statistically safer than probably anything else on this earth, in our lives. I don't give a damn if it's total mayhem in the cockpit, or if it's a giant snoozefest- simply because I'll never know one way or the other.

The plane will take off, the plane will land. And I will pay to be on it.

Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Another United non-fan here.
Continental were good for us until they got swallowed up by United. Pure unadulterated shyte telephone customer (non) service yet we found the opposite on the ground at Pittsburgh & Dulles, must have been ex Continental people.
Back in the '70s I used to smile at this picture on the restaurant bar wall when I was living at the Memling hotel, Kinshasa DRC little realising that many years later it would be me getting shafted
[Linked Image]


LOL I've always loved that poster myself, Bryan.

I flew Continental quite a lot over the years, they were a consistently great airline. The Continental terminal in Houston's north side airport nearest to my folks' home had a really banging Cajun Seafood restaurant, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen, in it, owned and operated by a local, Houston family who has a chain of Cajun, Tex Mex, and BBQ places around the city down there. Seriously one of the stand-out restaurants in any airport, ever, that I have ever seen- to this day. Flying in, out or through Houston ALWYAS included a stop in for killer food and a rock solid bloody mary.


"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: Kent Shaun] #779613 07/24/19 7:09 pm
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 798
E
edunham Offline
BritBike Forum member
Offline
BritBike Forum member
E
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 798
Well it is certainly true that, one way or another, all planes eventually land.

Ed from NJ

Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: edunham] #779644 07/25/19 2:03 am
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 12,853
Originally Posted by edunham
Well it is certainly true that, one way or another, all planes eventually land.

Ed from NJ


Legally, the term "land" is a little specific.

If instead of "land", you say "land or ditch into a body of water", I'll go along with that!

Lannis


Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Re: Sending Your Riding Gear to England..? [Re: edunham] #779719 07/26/19 1:10 am
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Offline
Moto Mojo
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 10,855
Originally Posted by edunham
Well it is certainly true that, one way or another, all planes eventually land.

Ed from NJ


Indeed.
To wit:
a; what goes up must come down
b; gravity- not just a good idea, it's the law


"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."


Moderated by  Andy Lorenz 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
BritBike Sponsor
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3