BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
trig
trig
uk
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Tire pressure for Triumph TR6R
#776633 06/17/19 2:16 am
snowbob Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
1972 Triumph TR6R with a Easy Rider sidecar(looks like a Spirit Eagle). Suggested tire pressure, front, rear and sidecar and make
of tires if I replace the stock tires I have on it now.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Tire pressure for Triumph TR6R
snowbob #776663 06/17/19 2:08 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I am guessing that it is a pretty light fiberglass sidecar. Ideally, you want something with a pretty flat profile. There is an outfit (pun!) in the States called Universal Vintage Tyre that is tied into a similar company in Britain that should be able to set you up. Look them up on the web and give them a shout.

Ed from NJ

snowbob #776664 06/17/19 2:11 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I forgot to add, if you haven't already put about 75 or 80 pounds of ballast in the sidecar. I used a weight off a barbell set, others use bags of sand. Otherwise the car comes up to easily.

Ed from NJ

snowbob #776673 06/17/19 4:14 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I use a Avon Sidecar Triple
Duty on the front, and a Avon Safety Mileage on the rear. I e mailed Avon with loaded weight of the outfit and all 3 tire sizes and they quickly returned my e mail with recommended tire pressures.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership