BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Tri-Hook
Tri-Hook
Knoxville,Tennessee
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Argos parts, Mr. Bean, rudi, Derek, Psychorider
10862 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 167
DavidP 69
reverb 61
NickL 53
Popular Topics(Views)
1,019,362 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,800
Posts680,420
Members10,862
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
56 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 463 guests, and 850 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AHRMA New Jersey #774450 05/22/19 10:20 am
Mike Baker Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Loading up and leaving today for the land of Bon Jovi with the trusty 650 Triumph and the untested B 50.Weather looks great AND there is a monster truck show at the track this weekend. Oh joy......
Anyway, come on out and see some great racing if you're in the area! I'll buy you a gatorade!

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #774891 05/27/19 10:19 pm
S
Semper Gumby Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
S
Home safe. There are pictures.

Mike's Son Ben has video of me running the Hornet down the front straight with illegal TT pipes from the tower. He promised to post up here. I hope he does. The 48" floor fan was a big hit. Luckily for me most of what happens in the race pits stays in the race pits.

I did Friday practice - about 6 laps.
Saturday practice - about 6 laps.
Saturday top end rebuild with Mike Baker.
Sunday Practice - about 6 laps.
And a race - 7 laps. Finished second in class to Mike's Triumph. I Passed a couple of guys in the wave ahead of us. Mike latched onto somebody faster and turned in much faster times.

Great fun but some of it was a hell of a lot of work. Other people in the paddock were really impressed that we managed to disassemble and reassemble the top end of the Hornet on Saturday for a race on Sunday. I actually got hugged by one of the Honda 160 guys (Rosco I think).

There is much work to be done on the Hornet. The list is LOOOOONG.
Ha! I sawed of the ends of the fioot pegs and I didn't even know it.

My eternal thanks once again to a true friend - Mike Baker. Everybody should be so lucky.

Last edited by Semper Gumby; 05/27/19 11:43 pm.

"Don't trust your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain
Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Semper Gumby] #774902 05/27/19 11:31 pm
S
Semper Gumby Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
S
Hey our results are online!

Too Cool.

Race Hero!!!

https://racehero.io/events/2019-ahrma-new-jersey-motorsports-park/results/1073743176#show:detailed-info-overall-9516

Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #774909 05/28/19 1:34 am
Mike Baker Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
1330 miles door to door, 5 days away from home, some good food, some bad food, got to hang with some cool people, total of about 180 minutes at full throttle. Can't think of a better way to spend time. The untested B50 did great, what a fun ride. Like a Grom with a tractor engine. Managed a sneak attack on a daydreaming Honda rider for a win on it Saturday, he wasn't about to let that happen again so wound up second on Sunday. Got the win both days on the 650. That bike amazes me. Roll it off the trailer and it just works. Someday I hope to be able to use all it's potential. Got in behind Alex McClain on sunday and while I couldn't catch him, I turned the best lap times I've ever had at that track. Nice to have a target in front of you.
Semper had a bit of a time with the Hornet Valdez and missed Saturday's race but pulled it together for Sunday. Glad he's on the racetrack. Get the reliability issues fixed and he will be my next target!
Vintage turnout seemed a bit skinny this weekend. Probably the holiday weekend had something to do with it. Modern classes were well represented it seemed.
Ahem...KEVIN - get that race bike put together!
And... TONY - find yourself a rider (or ride it yourself) and make that unused speedster into a roadrace bike. You'll never look back!

Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #774932 05/28/19 11:17 am
P
pushrod tom Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
P
Mike/Semper, Thanks for the report. I had been planning to get there and watching you guys on my home turf and then my knee gave out. Very frustrating but I did have some nice quality time at home with fabulous weather! Have not talked with Cap'n Dave yet to see how he did with his Vincent. He put in some hard work to get ready for Millville!
It would warm my heart to see Semper pass the Triumph going down the straightaway so keep at it Semper!
I am slowly working towards having my own junk ready for Maine in July. Hope they will both deliver their best.
Cheers, PRT

PS Why the top end rebuild? What gearing on the Beezer for Millville?

Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #774979 05/28/19 7:34 pm
E
edunham Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
E
Good meeting you guys at NJ Motorsports. Glad it all worked out well.

Ed from NJ

Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: pushrod tom] #774991 05/28/19 9:11 pm
S
Semper Gumby Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
S
Originally Posted by pushrod tom
(snip)

PS Why the top end rebuild? What gearing on the Beezer for Millville?

The base gasket blew in! And when that happens the oil comes out.

Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #775005 05/28/19 11:14 pm
H
HughdeMann Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
H
Well, at least you had oil in it to start!

Hugh: Proof the Dodo is not extinct
presently without a Brit Bike
A couple others
Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #775008 05/29/19 12:38 am
Hillbilly bike Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Mike Baker

And... TONY - find yourself a rider (or ride it yourself) and make that unused speedster into a roadrace bike. You'll never look back!

Yeah Yeah, I hear you...I would love to .. But I really want to go with Kevin to the Bonneville Bub meet in 20/20,...And while some 72 year old guys like me road race, and I'm in good shape, I just don't think I would be comfortable at 10/10's for the race duration...My 9 lives are all used up...

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ,2001 Sportster....On a bike you can out run the demons..
Re: AHRMA New Jersey [Re: Mike Baker] #775017 05/29/19 1:08 am
kevin roberts Offline
DOPE
DOPE
i used up another one of mine this week doing three 16-hour days in a row, the last two dragging a two-inch suction line around a well pad in the bright sun at 90 F and 100 percent humidity following the pressure washers.

raging sinus infection, torn rotator cup on the right. i called in sick the next day for the first time in over 30 years.

every day you do not take a chance is a day of your life that you will never get back.

Moderated by  Allan Gill 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership