BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Mark Z
Mark Z
Owego, NY, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Argos parts, Mr. Bean, rudi, Derek, Psychorider
10862 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 172
DavidP 71
reverb 64
NickL 55
Popular Topics(Views)
1,015,663 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,793
Posts680,316
Members10,862
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
41 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 394 guests, and 805 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Two Swap Meets #773501 05/12/19 8:33 pm
Al Eckstadt Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Reporting results on our two local swap meets. The first was last Saturday at the Curtiss Museum and the first year for Rust & Relics bike show and swap meet. Formerly the event was Old Engine Day where the focus was on old gas engines, airplane, tractor, hit and miss engines. Now including motorcycles and a swap. Well - a first year event essentially - there was not a lot of vendors nor a lot of visitors. I was selling primarily used tools, some old some not so old, but a good variety. Considering the small crowd I did well - more than paid for the $30 in gas it took to drive to Hammondsport.
The photos will back up my story. The silver Jeep Liberty is my "tool store".
[Linked Image]
The view from "the tool store".
[Linked Image]
This Saturday was our 12th British Motorcycle Club Central New York Swap Meet graciously hosted by Jim's Motorsports in Weedsport. Not many vendors this year. Cool weather and rain the day before putting a damper on things. Yet we had a lot of visitors/buyers - probably as many as ever if not a lot more. I did very well with the tools here and after a donation to the Fire Dept took home $170 - and only spent $5 in gas to get to Weedsport!
Some of the vendors.
[Linked Image]
Two beautiful BMWs rode in...and the big yellow truck is Victory Fire Dept who cooked and served food all day - Thanks guys!
[Linked Image]
On the back of the truck is a restored like new Honda 450.
[Linked Image]
I should know this guy (sorry) who was one of two who rode in on BSA 650's.
[Linked Image]
The Ducati Scrambler was for sale for $4800. Said to have been raced in the California desert.
[Linked Image]
Had a nice conversation with Mike who owns this perfect Honda.
[Linked Image]
Thanks for looking, maybe we'll see you here next year. Next Saturday is Cycle Therapy at the Living History Museum in Homer, NY. The AMCA National Meet is in nearby Trumansburg NY July 4-7. The Curtiss Classic is August 3rd at the Museum in Hammondsport - gotta be one of the largest events in the state with hundreds of bike coming and going all day. And our own Euro Bike Ride In September 14 on the lakeshore at Rudy's Drive-In in Oswego. Details and more events on our calendar. http://www.bmccny.org/Events-Calendar.html

Al Eckstadt
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Two Swap Meets [Re: Al Eckstadt] #773502 05/12/19 8:43 pm
K
Kev. Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
K
Thanks Al, nice to see some "jumble" shots from across the pond. This coming saturday is a Kempton jumble so I shall be loose with my camera again, all being well

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
2001 Road King
2006 BMW R1200GS

Re: Two Swap Meets [Re: Al Eckstadt] #773518 05/12/19 11:46 pm
Ob1quixote Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Shoulda stopped by Bully Hill for a few bottles of Sweet Walter Red...

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Two Swap Meets [Re: Al Eckstadt] #773556 05/13/19 11:00 am
Al Eckstadt Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Ob1, Bully Hill is well known but with over 100 wineries and over 80 breweries or distilleries there's no shortage of favorite stops in the Finger Lakes.
Al

Al Eckstadt
Re: Two Swap Meets [Re: Al Eckstadt] #773575 05/13/19 2:55 pm
P
Phil R Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
P
Thanks for sharing the photos Al......nice to see an actual BSA "rider" bike show up.
That old Beemer in the foreground of photo #5 is down-right beautiful but the star of the show had to be that
iconic DC-3 ( C-47, R4-D) in the background of photo #2!

Re: Two Swap Meets [Re: Al Eckstadt] #773848 05/15/19 11:47 pm
O
old mule Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
O
That yellow Ducati... a guy had one stored at our place, when he started it up on the stand, you COULD NOT SEE the handlebars. They disappeared completely in the vibration. We stared.
Asked the owner if he rode it. "Are you crazy? I just want the motor for my road race bike. Need any parts?"

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership