BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
MotorEddy
MotorEddy
Lancashire, UK
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Alex Lynch, B Mac, Lenz-a-lot, UncleYeti, harold2019
10774 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 128
NickL 66
MarcB 53
Popular Topics(Views)
947,603 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,493
Posts675,613
Members10,774
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
69 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 450 guests, and 784 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
5 Service Stars #773165 05/09/19 5:49 pm
Tridentman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
I recently had the speedo and tacho heads of my 1969 T150 refurbed by gREgg-K of this site.
After a very short time in use the tacho head malfunctioned.
After discussing the matter with Gregg I sent it back to him.
He examined it--diagnosed a problem with a reasonably high degree of probability, rebuilt the unit and retested it.
The examination and rebuild was at no charge--I paid only for the return postage.
These rebuilds were sent to him based on the very successful rebuild of a chronometric speedo several years ago.
If the refurbishment of these instruments had been loused up with no good response afterwards I would have undoubtedly posted here as a warning to others.
The exact opposite was in fact the case so I have no hesitation in awarding gREgg-K 5 service stars.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: 5 Service Stars [Re: Tridentman] #773253 05/10/19 4:21 pm
Gordo in Comox Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Tridentman: I have no speedo/tach experience with Gregg but his work on my mags and dynamos has been superb.

Gordo

The roadside repairs make for the best post ride stories.
Re: 5 Service Stars [Re: Tridentman] #773324 05/11/19 4:13 am
R Moulding Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

I've often found that for the most part customers are quite aware that sometimes [***] happens, whilst in many cases they start of as grumpy (defensive) what they actually want is a resolution to the problem that does not leave them feeling like your extracting the Michael. Good customer service often comes from how you deal with a problem.

Rod

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
Re: 5 Service Stars [Re: Tridentman] #773343 05/11/19 1:34 pm
Tridentman Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rod--I agree with you 110%.
Before I retired I had run manufacturing engineering businesses for over 30 years.
There we had a saying "The guy who never made a mistake never made anything".
My experience was that although you strived not to have mistakes--some mistakes were inevitable.
In those latter cases you were judged by the customer not by the fact that you made a mistake but rather you were judged by how you sorted it out.
In fact I remember several occasions where in the sorting out of a mistake the customer relationship became much more strong and deep than it ever would have been if the mistake had not occurred.
BTW--the above comments are general ones--they do not apply to the specific situation with Gregg which prompted this thread.
In that case it was not his mistake--rather grit from a dirty cable that found its way into the tacho head.
Needless to say--new cable purchased and installed with the refurbed tacho head.

Re: 5 Service Stars [Re: Tridentman] #773560 05/13/19 12:52 pm
Hillbilly bike Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
I have had reputable automotive machine shops make mistakes and it seemed their first response is denial or a cover up...I had had problems with hired contractors and their first response was denial or cover up...As an electrical construction contractor, commercial/industrial/institutional, I also made mistakes..I found it was easier to just make the necessary corrections to give the customer the job they paid for. without overcharges due to my mistakes.. I usually didn't tell the customer because their lack of understanding of what I was doing would lead to more misunderstanding....

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ,2001 Sportster....On a bike you can out run the demons..

Moderated by  Alan_nc 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership