I'm hoping if I start a thread it will help get my arse in gear!
So for anyone wanting some background this is an old thread for my TR6 minus the pictures (photo bucket!)http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/346742/the-evolution-of-a-tr6#Post346742
Anyway, summer before last I was being silly and popped the head gasket, this has been an on going problem caused by oil leaking between the valve guides and head. I pulled the head and whipped the barrel off to check the already dodgy little end bush. Sure enough it had spun and there is no way of saving the rod. Having split the cases I decided, as you do, to replace the big and main bearings and rods so the motor got shelfed while I did some saving. New rods were kindly donated by my employer and are sitting on the shelf.
Then life stepped in and some bad stuff happened.
When I got to thinking about the bike again I formulated a plan. My T120R was sitting there, I'm having issues registering it for the road. I figured I would just pull the Bonnie motor and slip it in the TR6 to get me mobile again. To the shed I went and stripped the TR6 enough that I could lay it on it's side over the Bonnie motor. Then I swapped bikes and sat down next to the Bonnie spanners in hand..................
Try as I might I couldn't do it!
So I swapped bikes again and decided if the TR6 was in bits it was going to get a good going over to make it the bike it should be. Hers the TR6 last time it had a good clean.
and the Bonnie that was very nearly a donor
So the TR6 was stripped to component parts, the frame sections were given a good prep and then a coat of paint. The other black cycle parts are slowly being paint stripped and painted in small batches and I have a bucket slowly filling with fasteners and various motorcycle parts ready for plating.
Whilst I await the plate shop I've mocked up the bike on the bench to keep everything together and have been cleaning up the harness and sorting the terminals that required attention.
Thats it for now, I'll keep plodding on.