BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop BritBike Sponsor
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum
| Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Grappa Speziale
Grappa Speziale
Solihull, West midlands UK
Show All Member Profiles 
ShoutChat Box
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBikers, just sayin..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Newest Members
Bargee, TBC, Vidane, BenM, New_Warrior
10663 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 112
NickL 54
Popular Topics(Views)
879,077 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics66,603
Posts668,661
Members10,663
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
31 registered members (Airman49), 635 guests, and 576 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
66 Home Market TR6 #772007
04/26/19 8:35 am
04/26/19 8:35 am
Christchurch NZ
R Moulding Online content OP
BritBike Forum member
R Moulding  Online Content OP
BritBike Forum member

Christchurch NZ
I'm hoping if I start a thread it will help get my arse in gear!

So for anyone wanting some background this is an old thread for my TR6 minus the pictures (photo bucket!)

http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/346742/the-evolution-of-a-tr6#Post346742

Anyway, summer before last I was being silly and popped the head gasket, this has been an on going problem caused by oil leaking between the valve guides and head. I pulled the head and whipped the barrel off to check the already dodgy little end bush. Sure enough it had spun and there is no way of saving the rod. Having split the cases I decided, as you do, to replace the big and main bearings and rods so the motor got shelfed while I did some saving. New rods were kindly donated by my employer and are sitting on the shelf.

Then life stepped in and some bad stuff happened.

When I got to thinking about the bike again I formulated a plan. My T120R was sitting there, I'm having issues registering it for the road. I figured I would just pull the Bonnie motor and slip it in the TR6 to get me mobile again. To the shed I went and stripped the TR6 enough that I could lay it on it's side over the Bonnie motor. Then I swapped bikes and sat down next to the Bonnie spanners in hand..................

Try as I might I couldn't do it!

So I swapped bikes again and decided if the TR6 was in bits it was going to get a good going over to make it the bike it should be. Hers the TR6 last time it had a good clean.

[Linked Image]

and the Bonnie that was very nearly a donor

[Linked Image]

So the TR6 was stripped to component parts, the frame sections were given a good prep and then a coat of paint. The other black cycle parts are slowly being paint stripped and painted in small batches and I have a bucket slowly filling with fasteners and various motorcycle parts ready for plating.

[Linked Image]

Whilst I await the plate shop I've mocked up the bike on the bench to keep everything together and have been cleaning up the harness and sorting the terminals that required attention.

[Linked Image]

Thats it for now, I'll keep plodding on.

Rod

Last edited by R Moulding; 04/26/19 8:36 am.

So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth;
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: 66 Home Market TR6 [Re: R Moulding] #772117
04/27/19 5:58 pm
04/27/19 5:58 pm
West Yorkshire
Allan Gill Online happy

BritBike Forum member
Allan Gill  Online Happy

BritBike Forum member

West Yorkshire
Sadly Rod, starting a thread to gee me up on a project doesn’t work for me, I have an A50 Daytona, Bantam trials and 823cc thunderbolt threads waiting in the wings. The latest project the 823 is the only one which gets some work but that’s because:

A) the misses may go on the back of it
B) I can load it up like a camel with luggage and not have to keep changing the aesthetics of the bike.

The trials bike will happen when it does and if/when I have spare cash and the racer will happen one day.... I hope.

Back to the TR6, sad to see the old girl come apart, she always looks like a beautiful machine. However good call on the conrod! It was something similar which ended up with me doing a full restoration of the Honda 400/4

beerchug

Moderated by  Richrd 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership