BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop BritBike Sponsor
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum
| Spiders Cartoons, | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBikers, just sayin..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Peter-L
Peter-L
Schilde, Belgium
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
SLK, E.Fox, 1hirider, Dan watt, Kevin Wils
10700 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 136
NickL 49
Popular Topics(Views)
896,392 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics66,868
Posts670,756
Members10,700
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
48 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 313 guests, and 870 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2019 Snow Mann #771029
04/14/19 6:29 pm
04/14/19 6:29 pm
Kent Garden of England
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
It's BACK..! Last year's Snow Mann hill climb, was cancelled due to something or other. But as it's so good they brought it back, nothing for it then but to get a bike out and race prepare it... wink

Today's bike was the mighty fine Thunderbolt or the Black Knight as it's been called, flooded the Carb turned the key to GO, and first kick. Just as I left home it started to snow, it ws so cold that Steven & the Twins retreated up in between me lungs, finger tips were turning Black inside be gloves, but I carried on down to the petrol station to meet Baza and Steve, Baza had a meat pie on the cylinder head, for some strange bloody reason I can't show y'all the photo I took, cos the bloody computer has eaten it or something... mad

We carried on and hooked up with three others, so the six of us wiggled down the lanes of Kent, into the lanes of East Sussex, until we arrived at the farm at the bottom of the hill, I got a tea and bacon sarnie, and Baza pulled the tin foil package from the top of the bike, the meat pie was cooked to perfection, then after the scrutineer had checked the bikes over, and gave us a Green sticker, it was time for the slalom course. Around the cones...

[Linked Image]

I of course got lost, in and out of cones while dodging ruts in a farm yard, takes some doing I can tells ya, and I knocked over a cone or two with me panniers. All good fun, then once that was done it was to the start line at the bottom of the hill...

[Linked Image]

Its SUPPOSED to be a timed hill climb, you set your time on the first run, and try to match it. Baza just sees the Red mist when the flag drops, and goes for it. At the top of the hill there's two Yellow lines marking a stopping area, you stop there with a foot down, then go to the finish line. So we said we'll mark it with a rear tyre skid, and set a *longest Skid* competition...

[Linked Image]

I WON that, and here's the evidence...

[Linked Image]

Ended up being a beautiful day after that snow...

[Linked Image]

So we settled down and watched the lads go for it...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After everyone had been up the hill twice, we went for lunch, and we were shocked to find the lovely Olde Worlde pub we always use, has now been turned into a B&B. Due to the fact the bloody locals didn't drink in there, a case of 'Use it or lose it' in force right there. So we went along to another one, but that wasn't as nice and was a tad *Trendy* which means EXPENSIVE if you wanted to eat there...

And due to the fact the bloody computer won't let me show y'all the photos I took, here's the ones I did take...

a 1954 IMZ the original Ural, this one wasn't imported from Russia, and it was a lovely thing...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So sorry all y'all, I've got no idea where the rest of them photos are, but it was a fantastic day. The Black Knight did good, started easily each and every time I needed it, stopped so good I am the undisputed champeen of the Longest Skid. And it's all ready for the next adventure overseas, so by then I MIGHT have a few more photos to show y'all so stay tuned dudes... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America

Re: 2019 Snow Mann [Re: Kent Shaun] #771070
04/15/19 1:18 am
04/15/19 1:18 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Well'ard Rocker
Lannis  Offline

Well'ard Rocker

Central Virginia
That assemblage of bikes is what you call "Eclectic", there's one of everything in there, looks like.

Getting together and having an excuse to ass around on old bikes is always a good thing, glad you didn't let the snow stop you. Sorry about the old pubs disappearing, I suppose nothing lasts forever ....

Lannis

Orwell's "1984" was not meant to be an instruction manual.
Re: 2019 Snow Mann [Re: Kent Shaun] #771074
04/15/19 1:42 am
04/15/19 1:42 am
Trenton, New Jersey
royaloilfield Offline
BritBike Forum member
royaloilfield  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Trenton, New Jersey
Awesome...thanks for posting! Is there anything like this on the east coast of usa?

Brian
Re: 2019 Snow Mann [Re: Kent Shaun] #771075
04/15/19 1:47 am
04/15/19 1:47 am
South cone
R
reverb Offline
BritBike Forum member
reverb  Offline
BritBike Forum member
R

South cone
...mate in that sea of all types of bikes, I do not know which is better. Nice designs there. In a simple get together there groups almost all the old bikes that are here...

Re: 2019 Snow Mann [Re: Kent Shaun] #771079
04/15/19 2:22 am
04/15/19 2:22 am
Pennsyltuckey
ricochetrider Offline

Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Offline

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
Wow man! Looks like a fantastic day! Glad *my* bike (:wink) AKA The Black Knight is going well, "we" look forward to riding it this summer....

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership