BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
expresidente
expresidente
Germany North
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Rally Bike Loan insurance
#769048 03/24/19 7:30 am
Britbike forum member
OP Online Content
Britbike forum member
For them Brits that are loaning out a BSA to anyone from a Non-European country, if your insurance company is giving you grief, Peter James will do it. I've got the OK for Lannis & Tom Bro Dude to ride my A10 & A65, £76 for the pair. Call Peter James and ask for Emma, or Trevor Keefe. They sorted me out no worries, although I have my bikes covered with them anyways, and indicated that if they didn't cover my American 'Mates' ( I use that term lightly wink ) I would be finding a company that did, and I would spread the word...

Seems that did the trick, and after a few weeks of them thinking about it, Friday I got an Email saying that they WILL cover them, and to pay the fee about two weeks before the Rally, cos they don't hold money that long...?

Anyways, all I know is, I can now return the favours I've had State side, and if anything happens that we never forecast, no one is going to Gaol or paying a hefty fine... grin

Now that worry is past, the worry if the bikes will actually MAKE it there has started... laughing

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Rally Bike Loan insurance
Kent Shaun #769065 03/24/19 3:48 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Great news Shaun. I’m already with Peter James although mine renews in July. Let’s hope they keep their promises by then. Have you insured our American cousins for a year or just the rally duration?

beerchug

(Display name changed for cyber security reasons)

Kent Shaun #769071 03/24/19 5:21 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Just a small damper in Shaun's pontifications.
The option to add another rider depends upon the underwriter, NOT the broker broker.
Speaking to Peter James, they have changed their underwriter to Equity Red Star last June, who appear to allow the adding on non UK resident riders, however, their earlier policys (which I have), do not allow this.
I have to wait until my policy is renewed in May to know if I can add another rider, they would not tell me now.

So good news, BUT check.

Also I found another company (BikeSure) who can provide temporary insurance, but is rather expensive (£290 for 2 weeks)!

Thrash, Bang, Re-Build...
Andy Lorenz #769187 03/25/19 4:27 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Online Content
Britbike forum member
Alan lad, just got the two of them insured for the Rally.... grin

Andy lad, bloody insurance companies are a pain in the Chuff, keep plugging away lad, you'll get there in the end. In the meantime, tell them you're a big shot in the BSAOC and how you can let your 3000+ membership know, what a shoddy service you're getting, bet they'll change their tune then lad... beerchug

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Kent Shaun #769918 04/02/19 4:34 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Alan lad, just got the two of them insured for the Rally.... grin

Andy lad, bloody insurance companies are a pain in the Chuff, keep plugging away lad, you'll get there in the end. In the meantime, tell them you're a big shot in the BSAOC and how you can let your 3000+ membership know, what a shoddy service you're getting, bet they'll change their tune then lad... beerchug

+1 on that Shaun.. thumbsup

Just a few Beezers..

Kent Shaun #774598 05/24/19 8:23 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I am insured with Hagertys International I have just renewed my policy and added one of our American friends as a named driver/rider for all my classic vehicles for a year at no extra cost. Wade is also insured with Hagertys in the US this did help altho they also said any other riders I wish to add from the US would also be free of charge. Further more I was also informed they can still arrange for insurance for me to ride/drive my vehicles in the US providing I am attending an organised event.

BSA 1947 M21
BSA 1946 M21 + sidecar

BSA 1933 three wheeler V twin
1935 model 16 AJS

2010 bonnie SE

1955 Triumph T110

Moderated by  Andy Lorenz 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership