BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
kboyd
kboyd
Kansas
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Sumpong, Hap Shaunnessy, Steve D, DaveG., stretch7
10790 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 153
NickL 80
DavidP 70
Popular Topics(Views)
952,919 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,593
Posts676,378
Members10,790
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
58 registered members (998John), 325 guests, and 770 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Today's Run #759466 12/16/18 3:08 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Looking at the temperature it said 37f out there today, but after yesterday's Biblical storm that was OK, it wasn't raining so that was good. Just can't get motivated to drag out a BSA, it's all down to the salt and shyte that's on our roads this time of year, just can't be arsed to wash the bloody things when I get back. So nothing for it, out with the commuter, every nut I've put a fettling iron on has been swapped out for stainless, the entire exhaust system is also stainless, any paint that has fallen off over the years, has been replaced, so we're pretty good for winter riding... thumbsup

Dragged it out, hit the kickstart button and off we go, got to me usual lane that takes me down to the road I need, and had an "Oh Dear me" moment, sheet ice at a junction, always a joy on a bike with a linked braking system... ohno

The rest of the journey was fine, as I was taking bigger roads, just lucky I'm good at Road Braille, cos I couldn't see bugger all, no matter which way I faced, the Sun was right in me eyes, it's nice to see the Sun this time of year, but MAN..! Why is it so low, and how does that work with it being in me eyes all the bloody time...?

Anyway, got to the Gliding club and had me a bit of nose bag, the *Full Monty* it was advertised, but the size of the sausage was nothing but shameful, must've been the cold... wink

Then some more lads showed up, and I popped out to the car park for a mooch, see what was there...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The idea* of a 'Breakfast' run like today, is to make a ride of it getting to the breakfast, then if someone wants to lead a ride out to a pub, then we can do that, OR bugger off home. That way if you're cold and don't want to ride any further, you're under no obligation too... thumbsup

Not that we'd poke fun at you for dropping out or anything, well....not much... grin

So that left just Me, Baza Ian & Steve hitting the lanes, Ian was on his very shiny A50, so Baza on the M20, took us down some proper shyte filled lanes, wonderful stuff. Slipping and sliding all over the place we were, at one point we were going down hill, and the farmer had recently cut the hedges, leaving all the clippings on the only bit of tarmac that wasn't covered in mud. So there I was, holding on for grim death, not being able to touch the rear brake, due to it also putting on the front brake, so the only way to slow down was to drop a gear, which locked up the rear wheel, and saw me slide some more. Fantastic fun, but me Bum cheeks have left a crease in the seat that'll take a while to wear away... laughing

Couldn't take any photos, I needed everything to hold onto the bike, but soon enough all the excitement came to an end, and we found ourselves here...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The four Amigos, bikes covered in mud and detritus, but the riders had smiles as big as anything, a fun time had by all, and a couple of pints sat around a roaring fire in an Olde English ale house, just PERFICK... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #759471 12/16/18 3:46 pm
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
I had to go make another cup of coffee so I could sit by the fire and read your story... Nice as always Shaun! I really wish there were more Britbike riders within a lesser distance of me. Those weekend outings look awesome!

Josh
Re: Today's Run [Re: JD] #759472 12/16/18 3:50 pm
Kent Shaun Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
JD bro, all you need do is take a camera, then go for a ride, back home in the warm, you plug the camera into the computer. Spin a yarn and we'll be there riding your lanes with ya... thumbsup

Another ride will be on your screen soon dude, keep that coffee pot handy... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Re: Today's Run [Re: Kent Shaun] #759479 12/16/18 5:48 pm
Don Leaming Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Great story Shaun. You and your mates deserve a heart felt “ATTA BOY” for getting out there this time of year.
Cheers and an early Merry Christmas to ya!
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership