: I find that I've been experiencing "seller's remorse" even though I haven't sold it! So I am withdrawing the offering, for now, at least, while I mull it over.
11 DEC 2018
Early and sudden onset of winter has stopped work on the TR5T in my unheated garage til spring, ... .
I bought it in June 2017 from the third owner, and the history of the bike is known back to the selling dealer, the late Lloyd (Bud) Provin Sr. in Vermont.
My posts here on BB cover what I have done. Writing this up has helped me remember all that I've done on the bike the past 18 months. There's probably more ... .
Lots of cleaning, engine out (but not apart), frame sanded and painted (Rust-Oleum). Swing arm pivot apart and lubed, steering bearings cleaned and lubed.
Forks (tubes look new) rebuilt with Leakproof
brand seals and with added gaiters.
Tires ("new" Continental TKC 80 Twinduro aka street knobbies) re-mounted this year with new heavy-duty tubes, MotionPro rim locks, and rim bands, then balanced.
Rims are true and not dinged.
Link to tires fyi: https://www.continental-tires.com/motorcycle/tires/motorcycle-tires/off-road-enduro/tkc-80
Rear brake shoes look new, fronts re-lined by PO.
Sprockets and chain are good, rear sprocket looks new. Chain cleaned and lubed.
Fork sliders are good with no bashing or crashing scars.
Cad parts look good.
Handlebar has nice chrome, may be new-ish.
Chrome on shock springs is very good.
Some blistering starting on headlamp shell, mounting wires in good shape.
Speedometer is good with one small scratch. Speedo drive and cable cleaned and lubed.
Front rim chrome is good.
Rear rim chrome shows some deterioration, but not full-scale rust.
Shift and brake pedals are new (PO had sacrificed the originals for his shift-brake crossover scheme).
Chrome on head pipes is pretty good, some small dings on the left.
The tank is good with patina and some scratches and one typical fork crease on the left side, no other dents.
Gas cap re-assembled with new gasket. Tank cross-over strap is in place.
Seat is good with typical cracks in the pan repaired by me with fiberglass. New mounting studs and nuts
All oils drained and flushed, oil “tank” flushed and cleaned, new oil lines.
Points look new, so I installed new coils and condensers, AAU cleaned and lubed and new springs installed, set timing with degree wheel, set valve clearances.
Carb apart and bathed in sonic cleaner. New petcocks and fuel lines. New UNI-Filter (air filter) installed.
Bike now has a Shorai battery which does not go with the bike.
I wired up ignition and charging circuits, and installed a new Tympanium voltage regulator-rectifier. New key switch.
I figured the clutch plates would be stuck so I took the primary apart and the plates out, re-installed the primary cover with a new gasket and sealed it up.
Oils in it are dino Castrol 20-50 4T API SG JASO MA2 in the oil tank and primary case, and STA-LUBE 85w-90 API GL-4 in the gearbox.
The bike starts easily and runs well with no unusual or scary noises that I can hear.
Charging checked out at 13.4v at fast idle, 14.1v revved some.
Compression test hot: throttle open, with three kicks, up to 125 psi, three more kicks brings it to 160 psi, both sides even.
Ran it and shifted through three gears in my driveway.
Now sitting on the lift with extra oil squirted in the cylinders, carb drained and dried, and the battery disconnected.
Original exhaust system in place. Original air cleaner parts in a box. Original tool kit, most of it, anyway.
Missing are the chrome fenders, skid plate, turn signals, tail lamp, tachometer head and cable (the drive gearbox is there, I have an OEM blanking plug installed now).
Lots of new small parts and fasteners. The original wiring harness is there in the box along with the handlebar switches.
Triumph shop manual
and parts book included (reprints). New owners handbook included.
Clean, unmolested matching numbers TR5T PH19nnn
.  Title status: PO found some paperwork, so MA title paid an applied for, bike is registered for the road now.