Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Richard Phillips
Richard Phillips
San Luis Obispo, CA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#754891 11/02/18 8:40 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Link
RNZAF No. 75 Squadron

1969 BSA A65T w/A70 engine
1970 Royal Enfield Interceptor S ll
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P

Sweet...!!
A classy little jet from the early era.....with that "distinctive" British look about it !

In 1963-'64, we were visited at Subic Bay, in the Philippines by the HMS Hermes ( or possibly HMS Centaur).
On the flight deck were several de Havilland DH.110 Sea Vixens, also twin boomed jets....I expect they owed
that particular characteristic to the earlier Vampire!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Would have been early 50s was on the beach in southern England. A bang was heard. Every one looked up and a Vampire was spinning down with the elevator seperated from one fin. Then a parachute was seen coming down and several boats went out to rescue the pilot. Dad took a picture of him walking up the beach. Don't know where the picture is now.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
She's a beauty!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
TJD Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I was at the Ballarat, Australia, swap meet back in 2003 and a Vampire or a Venom went overhead at about a hundred feet, just taken off from the air strip next to the swap meet, icing on the cake!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
If I had a bigger garage smile

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
I was serving as an infantryman in the Canal Zone 1952 and was taking part with the first infantry division on an exercise in the sahara. Farouk was on his way out and I think the exercise was to warn Neguib the British could not be ignored.On the Cairo/Suez road we were buzzed by Meteors and Vampires at low height . Scary but we were glad they were ours

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
I was serving as an infantryman in the Canal Zone 1952 and was taking part with the first infantry division on an exercise in the sahara. Farouk was on his way out and I think the exercise was to warn Neguib the British could not be ignored.On the Cairo/Suez road we were buzzed by Meteors and Vampires at low height . Scary but we were glad they were ours.My first sight of jet aircraft both real beauties

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor