BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Steve Erickson
Steve Erickson
The Northwoods... Michigan
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
37 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 249 guests, and 463 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Biscuits, DT 150, DamienE, vietnammotorbike, Lennart Liljedah
10291 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 92
Lannis 66
Mori55 64
Popular Topics(Views)
637,597 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,387
Posts654,277
Members10,291
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: Lannis] #740767
07/04/18 8:49 pm
07/04/18 8:49 pm
Stone Creek OH USA
R
Rich B Online happy

BritBike Forum member
Rich B  Online Happy

BritBike Forum member
R
Stone Creek OH USA
So you are gonna be there! You know where we typically camp if you want some shade later in the day

Life is too short to drink cheap, bad beer.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: royaloilfield] #741298
07/09/18 4:05 pm
07/09/18 4:05 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Online content

Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member
Central Virginia
.... and thank you for the shade, the chairs, the bottomless coolers, and motorcycle talk!

Fay and I stayed off-site - that campground is a bit rowdy and extensive for me, although you guys had the cool setup with strategically-placed trailers and vehicles defining your site and keeping MOST of the ride-throughs out.

GOOD MidOhio Things - that keep me coming back:

1) The BritBike Convention Center.

2) The OVBSAOC headquarters and corral - parked my A10 there to "show the flag" and had people looking over it and the other BSAs there all weekend, talking to folks about BSAs, and generally relaxing.

3) The racing - always fun to recline on the grass at the "hairpin" turn and watch whoever is racing. A LOT of modern vs. vintage content, though, but that's OK.

4) People watching, running into old acquaintances in the swap meet, talking to like-minded people.

NOT SO GOOD MidOhio Things - that might put me off a bit.

1) Ten times as many people running around on bikes, ATVs, side-by-sides, etc up and down the aisles of the swap meet as there were last time I was there. Raising dust, getting in the way, running over things. And most of them weren't even looking at the swap meet; they were just running around in circles as a place to ride. Not just kids, either - old men like me, just revving their old two-strokes to make noise. Didn't used to be like that, but it looks like Hanoi city center now.

2) Out of hundreds of vendors, maybe 4 with any significant British stuff. 95% of it was 60s/70s Japanese trail bikes, Honda Dreams, and Yamaha street bikes. I like some of that, but unless old Japanese stuff is what you're after, you might be disappointed. Still, I spent probably 8 hours over two days, looking.

So that's my photo-less story and I'm sticking to it .... Thanks again to RichB and RonT and royaloilfield and MWNN and Carin and Dick and everyone else providing a place to "stop by" ....

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: royaloilfield] #741353
07/10/18 2:20 am
07/10/18 2:20 am
SE Ohio
No Name Man Offline

Life member
No Name Man  Offline

Life member
SE Ohio
Hey Lannis...Carin asked me to tell you two goodbye for her as she missed doing it herself. She hasn't got a computer. She does have a smartphone though. Heh. Wonder if it has internet...

69 A65T
71 B50T
85 K100RS
54/59 A10SR
69 B44VS
71 A65FS
95 Trident
Too much moderation is bad for you.

Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: No Name Man] #741354
07/10/18 2:26 am
07/10/18 2:26 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Online content

Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member
Central Virginia
Originally Posted by No Name Man
Hey Lannis...Carin asked me to tell you two goodbye for her as she missed doing it herself. She hasn't got a computer. She does have a smartphone though. Heh. Wonder if it has internet...

We sure did enjoy seeing her, been a long time ....

She's got a smartphone but no computer, I've got a computer but no phone, and guess who gets to relay messages? Thanks!

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: royaloilfield] #741410
07/10/18 5:14 pm
07/10/18 5:14 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Online content

Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member
Central Virginia
As we were approaching the Mid Ohio site on Steam Corners Road, we topped the last hill and there was the campground, swap meet, and track all laid out in front of us.

Thousands of tents and marquees, with flags and pennants flying, and motorcycles buzzing around all over the place, covering 100 acres of ground.

Fay's comment - "This looks exactly like the Quiddich World Cup site, with bikes instead of broomsticks!"

And she was right.

Lannis

Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: royaloilfield] #741439
07/10/18 9:59 pm
07/10/18 9:59 pm
Smackinthemiddle, NJ
rocketscientist Online content
BritBike Forum member
rocketscientist  Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Smackinthemiddle, NJ
Fine hospitality at the brit tent (and neighbors) with Rich/Ron/Jack/Brian/Pat/Colin....and so on. It was nice to see everyone. I was "prius camping" in the swap meet sharing a spot with Ed, as usual.

I concur...too many yahoo's tearing up the grounds. I suspect they will clamp down for next year. Yes; 95% vintage Japanese. but that's ok. I did find several parts for my 69-70 BSA. So that was a win. Weather was a 9 outta 10.

I was very surprised that 25% or more of the vendors bugged out by Saturday afternoon! The busiest day seemed to be Friday. Sunday, I left early as 50% were early! If my ride wasn't 8hrs, I would have stayed longer.

I resisted the urge to buy that 64? Greeves. Owner stuck with his bottom line 1600 just like the piston in its barrel. If I WERE a Greeves guy...I would have bought it. But it would have been a new mark for me and as I push mid 50s...my learning "curve" is pretty steep anymore!

I think Baxter bought every brit bike there by Thurs afternoon. I'm keeping my eyes open for a T160. A vendor had 3 of them....all sold instantly......... I'm guess to Baxter!

Re: MID-O 2018 DATES [Re: rocketscientist] #741582
07/12/18 2:42 am
07/12/18 2:42 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Online content

Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member
Central Virginia
Originally Posted by rocketscientist

I think Baxter bought every brit bike there by Thurs afternoon. I'm keeping my eyes open for a T160. A vendor had 3 of them....all sold instantly......... I'm guess to Baxter!

I know that the "insiders" generally have the fast track to getting the bargains, but it IS a bit frustrating when "insiders" can get into the swap meet while the guys are setting up, buy up everything they want so they can retail it back home, and as a result, half the vendors are gone before the end of the meet.

They sort of need to watch out that they don't "poison the well" with doing that sort of thing.

And (as you mention) they do need to cut out about 90% of the extraneous bike and ATV traffic from the actual swap meet itself. Looked to me like there were plenty of places to run around in circles on that huge site other than where people are trying to trade ....

But oh well, I don't suppose shaking my cane at the kids in my yard will do much good anyhow ....

Lannis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ron T. in KY 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership