BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JWood Auctions JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auctions
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
TR6Ray
TR6Ray
Illinois, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
23 registered members (Ajulian), 213 guests, and 438 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Andrew Fallo, Zack Banks, 1966g10, Tacet, Joe Bruney
10416 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 84
Rohan 80
Triless 79
reverb 76
Popular Topics(Views)
708,854 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,288
Posts664,869
Members10,416
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 #736444
05/24/18 5:11 pm
05/24/18 5:11 pm
Crystal River FL
Jerry Wood Offline OP

JWood Auctions
Jerry Wood  Offline OP

JWood Auctions

Crystal River FL
Presented by JWood Auctions!

Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4th.

[Linked Image]

We will see at our next Auction in 2018
- Jerry and Dee Wood
J Wood and Company Auctioneers
Over 38 years in the Motorcycle and Equipment Auction business

Last edited by Jerry Wood; 05/24/18 5:12 pm.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #736470
05/24/18 9:25 pm
05/24/18 9:25 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Wow!

Wonder if one guy will pick this all up or if it'll get spread out?

I think Mitch Klempf bought the Domiracer, Moore's, and JRC inventories when they retired/went out of business. But maybe he's parts-saturated now and needs to convert what he's got to cash.

Or MAYBE he'll corner the entire market of BritBike parts and CONTROL OUR UNIVERSE BWAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA!

Lannis

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #736472
05/24/18 10:20 pm
05/24/18 10:20 pm
New Jersey USA
Tridentman Offline

BritBike Forum member
Tridentman  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Jersey USA
I believe British Cycle Supply bought about half of the Domiracer stock.
Their warehouse used to be about 5 miles from where I live and on one visit when I was there to pick up parts they were unloading a 40ft container--which they told me was part of the stock bought from Domiracer.

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #736477
05/24/18 11:27 pm
05/24/18 11:27 pm
Boston, Massachusetts
J
John Healy Offline
BritBike Forum member
John Healy  Offline
BritBike Forum member
J

Boston, Massachusetts
I think Mitch Klempf bought the Domiracer, Moore's, and JRC inventories

The bulk of the Domi Racer inventory went to Baxter and Mark Smith of British Cycle supply. Mitch isn't that interested in oriental reproduction parts. Domi had a lot of parts for European bikes, but because the liquidator allowed pre-auction buying the Europeans didn't buy the airplane ticket. There is one thing that kills a deal like this is liquidating the cream before having an auction. Leaving the stuff no one wants for the auction rarely does well for the small business owner.

Jeff Moore had a well planned exit, and executed it over a long period, burning down his inventory leaving little but dust on the shelves when he closed. Being one day away by UPS he would take an order and call us for the bits he didn't have. Then fill the order from the shelves and the parts we sent him. Mitch bought the web site and a few of the left-over bits.

Jerry has been doing this for years, and very at good setting up lots that interest the small buyer, collector or dealer, giving all a chance at buying some bikes or inventory. It takes at least a week to ten days for his crew to inventory and lot a job like this. This will not be a deal where they bring in a hired commercial auctioneer the day of the auction, who sells houses, and has no idea what he is selling. He is also quite fast which allows for more lots, and upsets the guys that want to grind him by trying to slow him down.

Last edited by John Healy; 05/24/18 11:29 pm.

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #736489
05/25/18 1:07 am
05/25/18 1:07 am
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Well, no chance for Mitch to corner the market, then wink wink .... "...oriental reproduction parts" ouch ouch. blush

Here's hoping the parts get spread around to all those, present company included, who can help the hobby! bigt

I stopped believing for a little while this morning. Journey is really going to be upset.
Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #736531
05/25/18 1:42 pm
05/25/18 1:42 pm
hamden, ct.
hacksaw Offline
BritBike Forum member
hacksaw  Offline
BritBike Forum member

hamden, ct.
i saw the same thing happen with Indian in the 1970's. pre Kiwi. the small guys retired or more likely died off and their stuff became concentrated in the hands of a few. only we didn't have the internet to track all of this. and indians weren't bought up to be parted out like the triumph breakers are doing today. remember the old saying "parts is parts" .
i loved domi racer. always looked forward to their poster/sale cats. the web site also was great.

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #737674
06/04/18 8:05 pm
06/04/18 8:05 pm
California
70tbolt Offline
BritBike Forum member
70tbolt  Offline
BritBike Forum member

California
Please note that Raber's is not closing. Their service department will still be open but they will no longer be selling parts.

From their posting on Facebook:

Dear Raber's Customers,

Effective immediately we will no longer be selling parts. We will continue to offer service and repairs of classic Triumph, Norton and BSA motorcycles, engines and engine parts through our restructured service department.

Our complete inventory of parts, new and used will be sold at auction on August 4, see details here: http://www.jwoodandcompany.com/
. Included in the inventory auction will be many of Bob Raber’s personal motorcycles.

We appreciate your support over the past years and we look forward to serving your repair and service needs in the future. We are working through our previous appointment backlog and will begin taking new service appointments after June 18th. To schedule an appointment, please call (408) 998-4495 and leave a message.

We will also be making changes accordingly to our website www.rabers.com
, and eBay store rabersparts to reflect our change in direction, with no further parts sales taking place.

We realize this may present an inconvenience for many of our regular customers, and we appreciate your patience during our transition period. Our service department will remain open, and we look forward to serving you in that capacity.

Regards,

- The Raber’s Crew

Geoff Ullmann
1963 Gold Star Spitfire
1970 Bonneville
Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #737690
06/04/18 9:51 pm
06/04/18 9:51 pm
Central Virginia
Lannis Offline

Life member
Lannis  Offline

Life member

Central Virginia
Seems odd that if they're going to continue in the service business, that they'd have a big auction selling off parts?

Looks like you'd want to have your own parts stock on hand so when you're working on a customer's bike, you don't have to spend time ordering it; you can pull it off the shelf, charge for it, and get the service bill paid sooner ...

Maybe they're keeping all the normal service parts and selling off stuff that you don't use when you're fixing a bike for someone.

Lannis

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #737695
06/04/18 10:05 pm
06/04/18 10:05 pm
New Jersey USA
Tridentman Offline

BritBike Forum member
Tridentman  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Jersey USA
If the various reports that Bob Raber is retiring are correct then I would guess that the "$2.5 million at retail value" of parts is his retirement nest egg and he wants to convert it into hard cash---maybe the best part of a million bucks?
Just my two cents worth.
Story of my life--he has a million bucks--I have to get by on two cents.
Well--it is a Brit bike forum--so give me a bit of room for some Brit humor!

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #737866
06/06/18 3:53 pm
06/06/18 3:53 pm
Oregon
D
Dana_twin Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dana_twin  Offline
BritBike Forum member
D

Oregon
what you wrote t-man is actually humorous so you're joking about Brit humor (spelled 'h u m o u r') of course

smile

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #737877
06/06/18 6:10 pm
06/06/18 6:10 pm
New Jersey USA
Tridentman Offline

BritBike Forum member
Tridentman  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Jersey USA
Dana--I was born in England and moved to US 17 years ago when I was 55 years old.
No prizes for guessing how old I am now!
When people ask me if I speak different languages I say "Yes--I speak two languages---English English and American English"
So--Sometimes I am humorous and sometimes I am humourous--and sometimes I am neither!

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #738116
06/09/18 3:10 am
06/09/18 3:10 am
Oregon
D
Dana_twin Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dana_twin  Offline
BritBike Forum member
D

Oregon
Nice to know you t-man!
I did sort of the opposite only earlier. Born in the US but lived in 'Blighty from 1981- 96 (not military) before coming back to the US, mainly for the dosh (which could still be made, at the time)
You know what they say about England,... you curse it while you are there but miss it when you are away.
However the folks I know (still there) tell me to definitely stay away! smile

Re: Raber's Parts Mart NO RESERVE PUBLIC AUCTION Aug 4 [Re: Jerry Wood] #738148
06/09/18 1:33 pm
06/09/18 1:33 pm
New Jersey USA
Tridentman Offline

BritBike Forum member
Tridentman  Offline

BritBike Forum member

New Jersey USA
Nice to know you too, DanaMan.
Yes--I still miss some things about England--the damp mornings, the green fields, the scenery and the beer.
I have a sister and her husband there and I have two sons in England.
They come here and I go there.
I was last in England last year but before that in June 2015 (by coincidence I was there for the TT!).
But strange thing on that visit--for the first time I felt as though I was in a foreign country.

Moderated by  Morgan Moderator 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership