this is cool:

FIXED PRICES ON ALL MY LISTINGS-NO WAITING !
NO BIDDING WARS-NO WATCHING -JUST BUY IT NOW!
CUSTOM MADE INDUSTRIAL LEVEL TOOLS, TO LAST A LIFETIME!
NOW AVAILABLE IN FOUR COLORS! GREY (STANDARD COLOR), BLACK, GREEN, DARK BRONZE!

PRICE REDUCED FOR END OF SUMMER SALE TO PREPARE FOR WINTER ENGINE REBUILDING PROJECTS.

This is a brand new tool that will make your Triumphs run smooth! Static balancing motors extends bearing life, run smoother, last longer! This was a standard procedure taken from the Triumph manuals for unit construction twins.

This is a complete Static Balancing set for the 650/750 Triumph twin unit construction motor. The set includes both the knife edged fixture and the Z-138 reproductions weights with holding box. This and all my tools are brand new and manufactured for vintage motorcycle restorers. The lead weights are precision cast to the factory recommended weight. They are the Z-138 reproduction factory tools made 689 grams each. Your Triumph factory manual details the use of these weights. The weights are packaged in a padded box to be stored with your other precision instruments, such as micrometers. Balancing tips and instructions are included and printed in the lid of the weight box. THE Z-138, Z-122(500UNIT), Z-120(NON-UNIT 650, AND CUSTOM APPLICATION WEIGHT SETS, are listed separately on request, or may be substituted as first set included with fixture. Z-138 weights are the standard weights shipped with your fixture.

The knife edge fixture is jig built from 3/16 hot rolled plate and the knife edges are hardened cold roll steel. The fixture is 15 inches in length, and the width of the 650/750 cranks. It is finished with grey hammered finish enamel paint. This set is a professional tool, built to industrial standards. The knife edge fixture has built in levelers on the corners, for precision readings.

My experience with Triumph motors is that a great deal of variation occurred in the factory, both in mismatched weights of parts and improper drilling of the flywheels. I have found crankshafts with not enough, and too much weight removed. I have found variation in the weights of rod sets of up to 15 grams from one motor to the next. Static balancing even a stock motor is a great improvement, resulting in less vibration and longer engine life by reducing out of balance conditions. This prolongs bearing life and reduces out of balance stress on all parts. Adding this extra step to all your motors, is going the extra mile to make your restorations better.

I manufacture my tools for sale, but each was designed for my personal use first, and evolved into a product I sell. These Z-138 weights were the first tool I started to manufacture. The reason was to balance a vintage class pair of motors I built for the Pikes Peak International Hillclimb--known as the "Race to the Clouds". These motors required custom weights to be made for the correct balance factor. My reusable casting mold, casts the weights Concentric which proved to be extremely important. Equally important is perfectly parallel and level knife edges the crankshaft rolls on. You depend on the crankshaft to statically spin indicating the heavy point due to imbalance, not due to heavy spots in the bob-weights, or out of level fixture.

Shipping is by Fed ex ground, 18 pound shipping weight. International by quote using USPS. Custom weights are available. Faster shipping options not offered due to weight, ground is best option. Please feel free to email with any questions. Pictures show a heavy flywheel on fixture with weights attached--crankshaft not included.

Please click on see other sellers auctions to see my other vintage Triumph tools. They include engine assembly stands, drifts sets, slotted oil filler plug tools, and Wheel Truing Stands for replacing rims. They are all built with the same industrial standards and professional tools. My feed backs are a reflection of my tools.

Shipping Note: Fed Ex Ground is my primary shipper, UPS and USPS parcel post are my alternates, in 48 states. Because tools are heavy, price for priority mail is not used, ground shipping takes a few days longer, but save you the most money. Priority International mail for destinations other than 48 Continental states, is only option. Fixture will be shipped in standard GREY, if no color is specified by buyer. Email for shipping quotes to Alaska, Hawaii, and international.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

https://www.eBay.com/itm/1527867705...parms=gh1g%3DI152786770558.N36.S1.R2.TR2

US$119.95

Last edited by kevin roberts; 01/13/18 1:00 am.

i have no idea what i'm doing.