BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
BikeVice
BikeVice
San Rafael, Ca.
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
30 registered members (AML), 272 guests, and 459 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
hondapete1950, Gaspare, eberhard, Norman Woollons, LandoLando
10257 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 76
Lannis 55
TBolt72 47
Popular Topics(Views)
610,954 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,153
Posts651,667
Members10,257
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
New forum upgrade ver 7.6.1 #721267
01/06/18 3:38 pm
01/06/18 3:38 pm
Gothenburg, Sweden
Morgan aka Admin Offline OP

Ride safe today!
Morgan aka Admin  Offline OP

Ride safe today!
Gothenburg, Sweden
Hi Everyone here is the new forum upgrade spec. If you have interest read it and you'll see some new features.
there are five new layout styles I have set an new as default but you can change your to your liking at the bottom of ea page.

Originally Posted by ] TOC / Overview
BritBike Forum UBB.threads 7.6.1 Changelog

Summary Changes
[NEW
Google reCAPTCHA is now available.
[NEW] New "My Account" drop-down menu. This menu replaces the "My Stuff" menu/links.
[NEW] Attached images can now be automatically resized at the time of upload.
[NEW] Attached images can now be automatically compressed at the time of upload.
[NEW] Facebook "Share" has been added. This is in addition to "Like," which was already available.
[NEW] Added "Ventura" Style. Three variations are available: Burgundy, Cobalt, and Pine.
[NEW] Added "Ventura Open" Style. A variation of the "Ventura" style package. Two variations are available: Ink and Mint.
[NEW] Post and Gallery attachments now display their file information on hover-over.
[NEW] Login page now returns the user back to the page they were previously viewing just before logging in.
[NEW] Posts will now display an "OP" next to the name of the "Original Poster." Can be Customized through the Style Editor for each custom forum style.
[NEW] New Posts will now display a "NEW" indicator in the post subject/details bar.
[NEW] New default avatars will be displayed for users who do not have a profile avatar set.
[NEW] Long pages now will display a "Return to Top" chevron that can be clicked on to return the user back to the top of the page.
[NEW] Smooth Scroll added to the "Return to Top" jumper and the post/message previews.
[NEW] Added an option within the Primary/Advanced Settings to always "Expand Control Panel Sections" on key Control Panel pages.
[NEW] Responsive layout on mobile devices can be disabled for your entire forum.
[NEW] Subscription Details page can now be printed.
[NEW] Minify HTML Page Output

[UPDATE] UBB.gallery list page received some cosmetic updates to look more like a gallery by putting more attention on the thumbnail.
[UPDATE] All references to maps.google.com have been updated from HTTP to HTTPS.
[UPDATE] Post display has been updated and allows for the same author information to be displayed across multiple screen sizes.
[UPDATE] Private Messages indicator is now always displayed, making it easy for you to visit your Private Messages from any page.
[UPDATE] Topics can now be re-rated. If Topic Ratings are enabled, users can update their previous topic ratings.
[UPDATE] Topic Ratings menu has been completely updated.
[UPDATE] Active Topics layout has been adjusted to display a the first section of each listed post.
[UPDATE] Custom Titles are now shown in Italic font, and Forum Group Titles remain in regular font to help prevent users from faking a "Moderator" or "Admin" titles.
[UPDATE] The "My Account" left navigation menu will only display when there is enough screen width.

[FIX] Attachment/Poll Manager now updates the file/poll count in real time.
[FIX] Twitter and Facebook buttons on posts now use secure https URLs, use their current APIs and are now mobile-friendly.
[FIX] File Manager now displays a message when max attachments has been reached, and allow deletions of previous items.
[FIX] File Manager no longer pushes content off the screen for files with extremely long names.
[FIX] Minor Who's Online HTML fixes.
[FIX] UBB.gallery now displays the first image in the group as its main/cover thumbnail on the postlist page.
[FIX] UBB.gallery now displays the thumbnail images within each gallery with the correct proportions.
[FIX] Minor display fixes all over within the UBB.gallery pages.
[FIX] Fixed attached image Filename / Description display and Lightbox minimum window sizes.
[FIX] Fixed attached image Navigation indicators on Post List.
[FIX] UBB.gallery Image Manager now display image previews for image attachments.
[FIX] The Attachment Manager will now purge orphaned file entries in the database older than 2 hours.
[FIX] Post layout, "User info on top," has been fixed.
[FIX] Showflat post_top avatar display has been fixed for when a user has linked to a large image using an external URL for their avatar.
[FIX] User Avatar sizes on posts have been fixed.
[FIX] User Avatars are now displayed on Mobile screens.
[FIX] Gallery Threads now display the OP with the exact same style as post_top/mobile layout. All author details that are found within regular threads, are now displayed on Gallery threads.
[FIX] Any code and page validation errors that were found, were fixed. There were a few of each.

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 01/06/18 7:41 pm.

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: New forum upgrade ver 7.6.1 [Re: Morgan aka Admin] #721328
01/07/18 12:28 am
01/07/18 12:28 am
Owego, NY, USA
Mark Z Offline
BritBike Forum member
Mark Z  Offline
BritBike Forum member
Owego, NY, USA
Hi Morgan, I wanted to send a PM but I couldn't find the "My Account" button.

BTW, pages are loading much faster now!

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.
Re: New forum upgrade ver 7.6.1 [Re: Morgan aka Admin] #721363
01/07/18 9:51 am
01/07/18 9:51 am
Gothenburg, Sweden

Ride safe today!

Ride safe today!
Gothenburg, Sweden
Mark look up to the right for your display name click on that link
Or you could click on my display name or my avatar to send a pm to me

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 01/07/18 9:54 am.

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Re: New forum upgrade ver 7.6.1 [Re: Morgan aka Admin] #721399
01/07/18 5:31 pm
01/07/18 5:31 pm
Owego, NY, USA
Mark Z Offline
BritBike Forum member
Mark Z  Offline
BritBike Forum member
Owego, NY, USA
Ok, I found the "letter box" button next to my nickname, thanks!

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.
Re: New forum upgrade ver 7.6.1 [Re: Morgan aka Admin] #721863
01/12/18 9:37 pm
01/12/18 9:37 pm
Gothenburg, Sweden

Ride safe today!

Ride safe today!
Gothenburg, Sweden
a [NEW] function: The Forum Jumper menu at the bottom can now return you to the current forum's index page when clicking on "Hop To".

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership