BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Kerry W
Kerry W
Middle East,
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Will a BSA QD rear wheel work on Triumph?
#711851 10/17/17 10:28 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Wondering if a BSA QD rear wheel will fit and work on a mid 60's 650 Triumph? My current rear wheel is a 4.00x 18 on a WM 3 rim.( I can see that I may need to modify exhaust to enable straight pull out of QD axle.) If anyone has done it, I am wondering (1) if the BSA QD will fit the swing arm, or will spacers need to be modified/added? (2) Will the pull through axle fit the Triumph swing arm- is the QD axle the same diameter as a Triumph rear axle? (3) On the brake/sprocket side, is the axle stub also the same diameter as the Triumph? (4) Is the sprocket offset the same or will the chain be out of alignment using the BSA QD compared to Triumph standard non QD rear wheel? Thanks! Joe

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Will a BSA QD rear wheel work on Triumph?
Deadstiffcatt #711880 10/18/17 7:38 am
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
There are different QD hubs so no definitive answer what is needed, you will need access to lathe and possibly vertical mill to make parts. I have seen one fitted to a 74 Triumph 500 Trophy Trail and it looked factory.

Re: Will a BSA QD rear wheel work on Triumph?
Deadstiffcatt #711893 10/18/17 12:04 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I looked into this a while back and found that the hub on my 68 441 Victor was very similar to the Triumph style QD hub. It might work with no changes.

Doc

Doc

Mostly Triumphs with a few BSA's a Norton, and two BMW's

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership