BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Electric Starter Roller
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
Mark Parker
Mark Parker
Bega NSW Australia
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
AndrewQ, Jay999, davidlittle, Frank B, Curtis
10937 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 67
DavidP 61
quinten 60
Popular Topics(Views)
1,061,026 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,235
Posts684,691
Members10,937
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
39 registered members (998John), 542 guests, and 922 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700386 07/01/17 10:08 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Completed the first action of whatever I end up doing; downloading all my pix from PB.
Was rather simple, select the download tab while at the main page for each album. Mine was easy, just a computer uploads album and a mobile phone uploads album.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700427 07/02/17 4:22 am
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Well hopefully once you download albums there's no residual photobucket garbage that won't allow reposting elsewhere. I did transfer one album form p bucket to desktop to hard drive and also to another host site.

Can't seem to copy links to images on my iPad so will try to post images tomorrow or sometime soon.
I've been a photo bucket member since early to mid 1990s as stated I have literally 1000s of pix stored there.
The one album alone was over 800 photos and I'm at roughly 60% of allowable storage.

Here we go... former poo bucket pix shared via zenfolio:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by ricochetrider; 07/02/17 11:53 am.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700456 07/02/17 2:43 pm
T140V-Rich Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Like OB1 said, there is a window of time for you to download your photos and get away. I treated it like a house on fire. I downed all 856 photos.

Seems if you're under a certain percentage of free space, you're good. When you cross the Rubicon - you're in a fee zone.

Download your photos, put them on a disc if need be.

I checked Wade's Vintage pinup post and most of the photos are now blocked.

Get your photos backed up. Maybe pay a bit, like Tom said, to Zen. At least you know you're being billed.

Cheers

Rich

Last edited by T140V-Rich; 07/02/17 2:44 pm.

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Author of "Relics and Reminiscing."
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700478 07/02/17 5:12 pm
Magnetoman Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
One consequence of the Photobucket debacle is 7 of the top 10 'projects' are now toast. These ten alone were responsible for nearly 3M collective views so they have attracted a lot of outside traffic to this site. Outside traffic, driven by Google searches for information as well as links on other sites, is very important to advertisers, which is one reason why this massive loss of information is a debacle.

In the case of my own threads the information isn't lost, it's on my computer in the form of text files and linked subdirectories of images. However, there are so many images in each of my 'projects' threads that manually reconstructing links to photos hosted somewhere else is something I'm unlikely to do. Especially since that new host may have its own meltdown in the future.

Given how widespread across the web the effects of this policy have been there may be changes in the weeks to come. But, if not, as long as my images remain on Photobucket it would be straightforward for a programmer to write code to automatically find each reference to an image in my text files (e.g. [URL=http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/...]), go to Photoshop to find that image, download it to a scratch directory, upload it from there to a new site, get the URL of the photo at that new site, and replace the current reference in the text file. Depending on developments in the mean time, once the new term starts I might see how much some eager kid in the computer science department would charge to write code to do that for me.

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Magnetoman] #700560 07/03/17 10:06 am
S
Shane in Oz Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
S
Originally Posted by Magnetoman
Given how widespread across the web the effects of this policy have been there may be changes in the weeks to come. But, if not, as long as my images remain on Photobucket it would be straightforward for a programmer to write code to automatically find each reference to an image in my text files (e.g. [URL=http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/...]), go to Photoshop to find that image, download it to a scratch directory, upload it from there to a new site, get the URL of the photo at that new site, and replace the current reference in the text file. Depending on developments in the mean time, once the new term starts I might see how much some eager kid in the computer science department would charge to write code to do that for me.

The simplest approach is probably to use wget to retrieve [/b]all[/b] of your files from PhotoBucket, then run a Perl script across the text files to convert the PB URLs to the new Hosting location.

The wget is:
wget --recursive --continue --user=<your PB user name> --password=<your PB password> <URL of your top level PB directory>

e.g. wget --recursive --continue --user=freddo --password=caram3l http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/freddo

--recursive - grabs the top level directory and everything beneath it, and drops into the same structure on your own box.
--continue - retries any partial file downloads from where it left off last time.
The user name and password should be readily apparent.

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Shane in Oz] #700566 07/03/17 11:23 am
Peter R Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Shane in Oz
The simplest approach is probably to use wget to retrieve [/b]all[/b] of your files from PhotoBucket, then run a Perl script across the text files to convert the PB URLs to the new Hosting location.

The wget is:
wget --recursive --continue --user=<your PB user name> --password=<your PB password> <URL of your top level PB directory>

e.g. wget --recursive --continue --user=freddo --password=caram3l http://s1151.photobucket.com/user/freddo

--recursive - grabs the top level directory and everything beneath it, and drops into the same structure on your own box.
--continue - retries any partial file downloads from where it left off last time.

If you wrote these instructions in chinese, it would not be less comprehenseable for me. confused

Peter.
1974 Commando 850
1972 Trident T150T
1961 Goldie DBD34
1969 Benelli 250 sport special
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700616 07/03/17 6:32 pm
K
Kev. Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
K
How many times do I have to tell you guys to sign up at Zenfolio?

I have been telling you all for years now, and the only person who listened was Tom. Follow this link, and use the code for a discount ..

http://www.zenfolio.com/?refcode=691-C6P-38Z

I have over 4500 pictures on Zenfolio using the basic package, and no pop up adverts

:bigt

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
2001 Road King
2006 BMW R1200GS

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Kev.] #700623 07/03/17 7:20 pm
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by Kev.

I have been telling you all for years now, and the only person who listened was Tom. Follow this link, and use the code for a discount ..

I have over 4500 pictures on Zenfolio using the basic package, and no pop up adverts

I listened, and signed up with Zenfolio- and I'm glad I did. I am quite happy with them, and have been saying the same thing to anyone who ever complained about poobucket to me. And yes- I too, have the basic account. Zenfolio is easy to. figure out, not some complex tech geek site. It's easy to use as well, and I can readily move pix in and out from phone or any other device using their app.

Free sh*t aint never free.

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Kev.] #700627 07/03/17 7:50 pm
Lannis Offline
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker

Well, certainly that would be an alternative to someone still down from their hosing at Photobucket that hadn't figured out plan "B" yet, but I got away for active posts about 2 years ago to SmugMug, and it's been working well for me. And I'm hard to please sometimes!!

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Peter R] #700632 07/03/17 8:26 pm
S
Shane in Oz Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
S
Originally Posted by Peter R
Originally Posted by Shane in Oz

The wget is:

If you wrote these instructions in chinese, it would not be less comprehenseable for me. confused

Thanks for the reality check. If you work in a technical area for long enough you tend to assume that everybody knows at least some of the same things.

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700677 07/04/17 1:50 am
shel Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
[Linked Image]
PB still seems to work

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700691 07/04/17 5:10 am
KC in S.B. Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Down loaded all I want to keep, deleted all albums, deleted the account,............ I'm FREE of that aggravation !! The site tells you any changes will not take effect for 48 hours,.... just in case you want to come crawling back, begging to be annoyed. I suppose the whole thing was caused by this point in the terms of use:

" Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image Hosting."

So, no more 3rd party moving photos for me. If it doesn't load direct from the "device" , screw it. Most of these photos were only posted for the interest and to make the forum more fun and useful. Some of the other forums that do allow direct photo posting, also have to allow all kinds of annoying advertising. It gets so bad the screen is always Jumping .............. Morgan has avoided that so far.

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 1 '56 Chevy
1 '65 XLCH, Hernia Gift, on the way to Japan!
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700728 07/04/17 2:54 pm
Morgan aka Admin Offline
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
KC, no non british bike related advertising on britbike. premium member fees and britbike advertisers cover that.
KC you are a life member and can upload images with your posts

BSAing you
Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700732 07/04/17 3:55 pm
KC in S.B. Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Hi Morgan, Yes, I am and I did know that, Thanks! I was speaking in generic terms for anyone interested in how to keep this forum free of the "Jumps".
Other sites that do not have a system of support, must resort to all those pop up ads that drive us crazy! I'm sure this is a battle you have worked to avoid.

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 1 '56 Chevy
1 '65 XLCH, Hernia Gift, on the way to Japan!
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700741 07/04/17 6:29 pm
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Life member
As a now retired PC technician, the idea of allowing some one else to have the ONLY copy of my "stuff" I find appalling. Buy an external drive to keep stuff, they are cheap enough, and only post online that you wish to share. If the only place you post is BritBike.com, then become a paid up member, also not expensive, this will keep Morgan interested in maintaining the site, and you can upload straight from your PC with messing around with pb (etc.) and the multiple menus and hops you have to go through to show what you have run and where you ran it.
I have no financial interest in BritBike.com, but is a source of great amusement.
Mike, on the edge of Rugby, UK

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Mike Muir] #700746 07/04/17 6:53 pm
shel Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Mike Muir
Buy an external drive to keep stuff, they are cheap enough

Hear hear. everything I have on PB is still on my hard drive. I also have an external HD that I back up my important stuff to. I don't trust PB to keep my stuff safe and I've had enough computer failures that I don't trust it either. PB fails I still have everything on my comp, if it fails I got that backed up too.

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: Kev.] #700859 07/05/17 6:06 pm
GrandPaul Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

I have nearly 5,000 on Picturetrail with excellent service and low annual fee. so, same situation as you.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700938 07/06/17 6:13 pm
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Laboriously, slowly, and positively downloading stuff out of and away from Poo Bucket. Kind of a PIA.

Maybe it'd be smoother if I stayed up late one night and do it all during lower traffic hours?

laugh

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #700958 07/06/17 8:22 pm
GrandPaul Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Another benefit to PictureTrail is I can link ALL of my albums with one link...

GrandPaul's PictureTrail Homepage

Anyone please tell me if there are ads, or do a screenshot?

I know I don't get ads, but I suppose if you are looking at my entire homepage there, you might get some ads.

I also know I HATE looking at other people's kickthephotobucket pages, as they are HORRIBLY slow to load, then 2/3 of the page is ads, 1/3 of the page is photos.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #701037 07/07/17 2:50 pm
D
DMadigan Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
D
Hit by the Photobucket 3rd party Hosting ban last night. Photos deleted. Anyone interested in a deleted photo can contact me through Messages.

Last edited by DMadigan; 07/07/17 2:52 pm.
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #701062 07/07/17 9:44 pm
HawaiianTiger Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
I got photobucketed, too.(Hey, a new verb along with many others means you get screwed.)
I have every photo there duplicated on my hard drive, but since I'm a visual type, there are hundreds of photos I've posted that are now irretrievable from the posts.
So, I popped for the premium membership here on Britbike. What's a measly 12.90$? Nothing compared to the absolute waste of time with photobarfbucket.
First time I've ever been premium anything. Thanks!
But I don't have the photo insertion capability yet. Do I have to wait to have it initialized or is there another function I'm unaware of?

Cheers,
Bill

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Black Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #701071 07/08/17 12:15 am
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Bill

Open "full editor" version and scroll to the page bottom.
If you are "enabled", somewhere in a lower panel you should see "attachment manager". In that, you should be able to upload photo files of a certain size.
If your files are too large, resize them in any number of free photo management programs or applications.

I found (not sure it this is still true) that you need to caption the photo and then add a small amount of text in the text body of the "reply" or post. It used to be that you couldn't just toss up an image without adding caption and text.

Best of luck to you!

Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #701075 07/08/17 1:54 am
BrizzoBrit Offline
Life member
Life member
You'll find a few idiosyncracies with the attachment manager. All images go into the 'same spot' in the post, so you need to determine the order you insert them into AM. You will almost certainly need to resize the images. I find 1000 pixels along the long axis usually OK for file size.

A tip for viewing these attached images. As the image is shrunk for display, click on the image in the post and you get it at maximum size.

I only used pukebucket to post images here. I got truly sick of the slow and inconsistent uploads and associated crap. Basically I avoided posting images for that reason.

Whether you want posting privileges or not I encourage members to cough the tiny $$$ amount to support the best forum on the web. This place been such a valuable source of information and more importantly sanity for me for 10 years. Twice or more of what I contributed would still be excellent value. As stated above 'there are no free lunches' and 'nothing is free'. If you want free stuff it comes with a cost in the end. Invest here and we reap the return. We get this great bargain because someone (sponsors etc.) pay the bills. Morgan deserves accolades for what he has done out of his love of BB.

BSA 1969 A65F
BSA 1966 A65H
Triumph 1968 T120
Kawasaki A1R
& too many projects!
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: BrizzoBrit] #701080 07/08/17 3:10 am
HawaiianTiger Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
OK, I'm testing the app now.
http://www.britbike.com/forums/tmp/2544.jpg

OK, that didn't work.

nexthttp://www.britbike.com/forums/tmp/2544.jpg

nope....

OK. I'll try again later

B.

OK Starting to get the hang of it. Small pictures, tho....
B.

Attached Files Speedtwin.jpg009 (1000x750) (1000x750) (1000x750).jpg
Last edited by HawaiianTiger; 07/08/17 3:20 am.

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Black Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
Re: Photobucket h*ll [Re: T140V-Rich] #701097 07/08/17 10:18 am
B
Blown Income Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Just upgraded to premium lifetime member. Should have done this a long time ago. Here's my A10 and a friend's Bonneville at a coffee shop a few weeks ago.

Attached Files IMG_1413.JPG
Last edited by Blown Income; 07/08/17 10:20 am.

1955 BSA Bantam D1 Plunger
1956 BSA A10RR Street and LSR Bike
1961 BSA C15S
1966 BSA spitfire
1969 Triumph T100C
1970 Triumph TR6R
1970 Triumph TR6C
1972 BSA Lightning LSR Bike
1974 Triumph T150V
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO