BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Electric Starter Roller
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
sawtooth
sawtooth
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Dan87GT, B. Nicholson, AndrewQ, Jay999, davidlittle
10939 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 81
DavidP 61
Popular Topics(Views)
1,067,170 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,261
Posts684,875
Members10,938
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
73 registered members (Alex Lynch), 1,047 guests, and 816 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Partying weekend.... #691845 04/15/17 9:28 pm
T140V-Rich Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rose and I had come into the weekend with grand plans of yard work and clearing on the Good Friday holiday, then a bit of fettling on my part on a non-firing RHS of a Bonnie before celebrating Easter.

And on the night before our wondrous day of fun, while visions of AMAL needle clippies and grass clippies danced in my head, something else danced elsewhere. At Oh-my-it's-3-am. Friday, I awoke with a stabbing pain in the side. After a half hour wait to judge the cause, it dawned on me - another kidney stone.

If you lads (or lasses) have ever had one, you'll know what I mean when I say the pain comes in waves that every 3-5 minutes crash over the top of the 1-10 scale before settling back to a "mild" ....7.

After tossing and turning for nearly 24 hours in bed, a chair, a couch, floor, etc over the course of Friday, I finally had no bullet to bite.... at 12:15 a.m. we were checked in at the hospital.

[Linked Image]

Long story short, we arrived home again at 4 a.m. having gone through two IVs, a vile of a pain killer (Tort...?) and then also a vile of morphine. I told the doc I hadn't had that much to drink on a Friday night in years. (Rose just had a water. She was driving).

The points of the post, I'll get to now. I'm on the mend. And I'm continuing my partying....
[Linked Image]

But it would not have been near as much "fun" this weekend without you lot and your film shorts and also the shorts of vintage trophy girls. I got to see not one but two individuals of Snow Mann at speed, saw a few quandaries I'm sure I could have solved if'n I'd have gotten their first (cough). I saw project bikes beautifully come to life and folk of all walks and colors enjoy a motorcycle rally.

Sometimes it may seem trivial that photo of a fav pub or valley, that odd Matchless that turned up unexpectedly. However, there might be lads and lasses .....enjoying your posts just a wee bit more. smile

Thanks, you lot!

Happy Easter,

Rich and Rose - party animals

Last edited by T140V-Rich; 04/15/17 9:30 pm.

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Author of "Relics and Reminiscing."
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO

Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #691891 04/16/17 6:23 am
Kent Shaun Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
T140V Rich lad, sounds like a great weekend you're having.... shocked

Hope you kept that stone, if it was mine, I'd mount it on the bike.... :bigt

Take care dude..... beerchug

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #691892 04/16/17 6:46 am
Peter R Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Not the best way to spend your easter weekend Rich, hope you will soon be back on your feet (and on your T140 of course) :bigt

Peter.
1974 Commando 850
1972 Trident T150T
1961 Goldie DBD34
1969 Benelli 250 sport special
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #691927 04/16/17 12:18 pm
Lannis Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Although I've had a few other physical adventures, I've (knock on wood) been spared from kidney stones. My Mom had 'em, though, and she said she'd rather go through a hard labor and delivery of another baby than a bout of kidney stones again .... OUCH!

I keep a few leftover Percocets from a past oral surgery around just in case 'twas to happen to me.

Hope yours'll either settle down, run on through, or get busted up before they attack again!

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #691931 04/16/17 1:29 pm
T140V-Rich Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Thank ye, lads.

I would mount it on the bike, Shaun, if'n it were a tad bo(u)lder (pun intended hehe). But it's a wee thing, smaller than the roller ball in the swingarm kick start lever on a T140. But, I may have to find a place for it yet! That's an idea. :bigt:

Appreciate it, Peter. Today is the first moment I've sat here for more than a few minutes. I've got to sort out a problem on the bike. Probably a clogged airway or similar. But we've had such a beautiful weekend, weather wise. Good riding to you, mate.

Lannis, I feel for your mum. As I said, it's a roller ball size. But it looks medieval in that it comes complete with barbs. If any of you have beaches with sand spurs, then you have a great picture. One of the nurses told me she had given birth to not only a baby but also at another time a kidney stone. She said they are about the same as far as pain goes. Keep those Percocets. I have a bottle full that got me through yesterday.

I imagine the nurse named one of the entities she gave birth to. I did too. But mine has four syllables and not very mentionable around children. Or adults, come to think on it.

I think through a less medicine-clouded mind, what I was trying to say is each of our posts are important. We may think, "Ar. Nothing but a way to use a lower front fork and fork spring to make holiday fireworks more fun... I'll not waste their time with ...." Post it up. Might be someone who's not able to get out for a ride will enjoy it. Or it could be a culture lesson for someone half way around the world who's never seen someone blow himself up with fireworks. 'Sides. Might be fun to watch. smile

Cheers, dudes!

Rich

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #692081 04/17/17 6:09 pm
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Life member
I'm with Rich on this. My riding days are done, but I like a good road report (really kicking myself about not doing the Three States) and some good fettling tales. Just keep posting them , gang.

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: Mike Muir] #692091 04/17/17 7:39 pm
R
raf940 Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
Rich hope your stones get better...i'm just getting over the umpteenth case of gout in my left foot great toe joint...now THAT hurts

1972 Triumph T120
1968 BSA A65
1968 MGB Roadster
1979 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
1969 Honda Mini Trail
1939 farmall f30 tractor
2004 Honda Shadow Aero
1972 BSA Thunderbolt
1975 yamaha xs650b
1972 Norton commando
2 olive drab WWII military bicycle replicas
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: Mike Muir] #692131 04/17/17 10:40 pm
T140V-Rich Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by raf940
Rich hope your stones get better...i'm just getting over the umpteenth case of gout in my left foot great toe joint...now THAT hurts

Some sets of stones are fine, thanks for asking, bud. :bigt: But others are still working their way to the exit. I don't tolerate riff raff and am kicking these stones out. It's been the most painful I've ever experienced. A buddy had gout. Said it was the worst he's felt. I'm in the process of making an appointment to have these stones examined for content. Probably tell me I have to lay off pizza or fish and chips.

Someone said it's all about getting..... on with life! Well. There you are. So crack on, I say.

Originally Posted by Mike Muir
I'm with Rich on this. My riding days are done, but I like a good road report (really kicking myself about not doing the Three States) and some good fettling tales. Just keep posting them , gang.

That's it in a nutshell, as we Colonials are oft to say. I was laid up for a bit yet enjoyed the time it afforded me with all manner of posts from restoration projects to how tos. I enjoyed the rides and photos from far away lands and some not so far away. I had pints with the lads at the hidden pub and got wind blast down my riding leathers as I leaned into the wind on the ride. And I never left my bed and meds.

First, thanks for all of you and your adventures and misadventures. Enjoyed each one. But keep them coming. Sometimes there's dudes like myself who needs a ride. smile

Cheers, lads.

Rich

Pst. Mike, I bought a 2011 SE to help with the kick starting. Knees aren't what they used to be either. >sigh<

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #692219 04/18/17 6:15 pm
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Life member
Neither are mine! The real problem is intermittent brain reboots! Only 5 today, also sigh!

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #692255 04/18/17 11:48 pm
Ob1quixote Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
I wouldnt mount that stone on yer bike.
It might fall off and puncture a tire!

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: Ob1quixote] #692292 04/19/17 9:43 am
Triless Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Silly buggers ! But humour is always the panacea. Good on ya's.

Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: T140V-Rich] #692471 04/20/17 12:53 pm
JubeePrince Offline
Born To Run
Born To Run
I'll see your kidney stone(s) and raise you one UTI followed by sepsis! Came to VT to visit the folks for the Easter weekend and had a nice four day vacation at the UVM Medical Center on IV antibiotics. All's well now and heading home today.

Never had stones before and hope it stays that way. Friend of mine had them and when he passed his, it was the size of a grain of sand. From the pain experienced from them, I can understand why they call them 'stones'. Hope you're clear soon.

Getting old ain't for wimps! beerchug

Cheers,

Steve

Last edited by JubeePrince; 04/20/17 12:54 pm.

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: Partying weekend.... [Re: Triless] #692568 04/21/17 12:23 am
T140V-Rich Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Ohh you're kidding, Steve? Tell me you weren't ill over Easter as well. I can only raise you another stone and a bout of the blocked ...passages.... both front and aft..... that would make a plumber blush. And the blocked aft was as near as painful as the swash buckling swords of the stones up front.

Sounds like a B-rated movie I'd see as a popcorn-munching kid at the Saturday matinee. "Errol Flynn as Blackbeard in his latest high flying action adventure pirate movie... 'Swords of the Stones'..... co-starring Olivia De Havilland as no beard...."

I don't know about getting old. But if someone ever accuses me of having no stones, I'll consider them fighting words.

Hope you're feeling better, brother. I caught mine before the UTI and infection set in.

Originally Posted by Mike Muir
Neither are mine! The real problem is intermittent brain reboots! Only 5 today, also sigh!

Darn it all to hades. I've always been afeared to go into public when I'm having one of those moments. Reason being - I don't have a brain to reboot! I've ordered one from Walmart but it's not come in as of yet!! :bigt:

Originally Posted by Ob1quixote
I wouldnt mount that stone on yer bike.
It might fall off and puncture a tire!

I've a good idea the next doc I see is going to conscinfiscinate my stones and leave me with little or no trophies of which to brag! I'll simply have the bracelet that proved I was of age to get into the party to begin with!

Originally Posted by Triless
Silly buggers ! But humour is always the panacea. Good on ya's.

My boss, the sheriff no less, sent me a text saying it's a little stone and that's keeping you from coming in for work? A wonderful soul, the sheriff is. Truly. But I couldna think of a single clever thought at that moment. I was in the middle of labour pains, I was! But I'm biding me time. I'll get him back, I will!

Steve, I truly pray you're back home in Merry Land where comforts, I'm certain, abound. At least you'll be home. And I hope the UTIs and sep have passed on to ....somewhere else. Have had both. Don't want either. Get well, brother. Get the oil skirkulating on the Jube.

Cheers, lads.

Rich

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO