BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
68triton
68triton
London Uk
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Psychorider, Shedengineering, Shayne Brown, Snow's Cycles, Scottboy
10858 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 167
reverb 63
NickL 52
Popular Topics(Views)
1,003,332 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,686
Posts679,580
Members10,858
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
64 registered members (Adam M.), 542 guests, and 990 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC #691294 04/11/17 7:19 pm
Lannis Online Content OP
Well'ard Rocker
OP Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
So, I spent Sunday supporting the Guzzi Brand and Image at Raleigh, had a great time doing it.

It was a 140 mile ride each way, and was 36 degF when I took off from home, but even though I was just in a leather jacket with a shirt under it, and lined leather jeans, I knew that it was going to warm up to the 70s by afternoon so I could put up with a bit of morning chill.

Got there and the joint was already jumping. Saw our own Mark Seagondollar there, who helped start this thing and still works with the committee.

There were all kinds of neat bikes. it’s really nice sometimes to be in a group of just European bikes (well mostly); we see so MANY of the Japanese and American bikes elsewhere.

Here’s an old-timer that shows up every year. You can barely hear this thing run, it’s so quiet …

[Linked Image]

A few low-bucks, high-fun cafe racers too …

[Linked Image]

Dreadlocks Dude here was all over it …

[Linked Image]

The band were good musicians, I’ll say that for them, but I didn’t think much of their regular set. Sunday morning with a lot of young families and kids, and they were doing songs that would have been at home at a men’s bar on a wet Saturday night …

[Linked Image]

Lots of local Raleigh folks wandering through to see the sights, so it’s well to be on our best behavior …

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Scooters - Bright shiny red Vespas just like my old P200E

[Linked Image]

And “Son of Tetanus”, ridden in …

[Linked Image]

I liked this tank cover, don’t see many like this:

[Linked Image]

Happy Guzzi riders rolling in …

[Linked Image]

A nice older dude rode this Aprilia in, enjoyed talking about it …

[Linked Image]

Loopframe cruising in …. Look at Little Man staring at it from stage right; I think he wants one ...

[Linked Image]

Several Moto Giro veterans here …

[Linked Image]

Continued .....

Play stupid games ... Win stupid prizes!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691295 04/11/17 7:19 pm
Lannis Online Content OP
Well'ard Rocker
OP Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Taking pictures of people taking pictures … happens to be Joe Mojohand Sokol and a Puch.

[Linked Image]

And the prettiest CX500 cafe I’ve seen …

[Linked Image]

The “Acmemoto” dude was selling some REALLY nicely made luggage. His panniers and inner bags make my TRAX stuff look like junk:

[Linked Image]

But time to go home after about 2-1/2 hours of wandering about, chatting, picture taking, gawking … Stopped for a bio-break … this four-wheeler track runs for about 10 miles along US15 in North Carolina. Don’t know what it’s for, but someone is using it ALL the time.

[Linked Image]

I’m glad I found this road. I was planning on spending about $2100 for two of us to FLY on British Airways to Cornwall this fall. Turns out there’s a road that goes straight there!

[Linked Image]

Stepped into the woods to be out of sight of the road for a minute, and saw what looked like railroad tracks in the woods.

[Linked Image]

It IS railroad tracks! I haven’t been working on the railroad, all the live-long day …

[Linked Image]

250 year old plantation house, still keeping the rain off …

[Linked Image]

Lordy, don’t throw me back in the briar patch and make me ride 250 miles of roads like this in 72 degree weather …

[Linked Image]

Lannis

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691336 04/12/17 12:55 am
B
bodine031 Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Looks like a nice turnout. Thanks for the Pixs I have a 78 GS-750 cafe'd very similar to the one dreg locks is checking out. Big fun bike!!!!!

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691339 04/12/17 1:12 am
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
Awesome Lannis! Looks like a beautiful day out with some nice bikes and an awesome ride. Thanks for the write up! Did Faye ride with you or did you go solo?

Josh
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691355 04/12/17 2:45 am
F
Fetch Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
F
Thanks for the childhood memory.....had forgotten about Brer Rabbit and the Tar baby . looks like a nice day out, the crusty Zundapp looks like a nice project for someone.

Last edited by Fetch; 04/12/17 2:48 am.
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691382 04/12/17 8:59 am
Kent Shaun Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Lannis lad, take that road to Cornwall and I'll see you there, get me a traditional pasty lad, and I'll be in the pub in Mousehole. Can't miss it lad its right next to the harbour... :bigt

What a fantastic day out thanks for posting dude.... grin

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691394 04/12/17 11:18 am
Mike Baker Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
The AcmeMoto luggage is some good stuff. Scott has put a lot of time and effort into developing the system. He's a local Ashvillian and a super nice guy.

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Kent Shaun] #691396 04/12/17 11:33 am
Don Leaming Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Lotta w650s being turned into cafe racers. Not my taste, there won't be many traditional British bike clones left if this keeps up. Glad the Hinkley Bonnie's are common nowadays to keep the BB look alive.
You are certainly correct about an overload of Jap and Harley stuff at every non specific or vintage swap meet around these parts.

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: JD] #691410 04/12/17 1:34 pm
Lannis Online Content OP
Well'ard Rocker
OP Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by JD
Awesome Lannis! Looks like a beautiful day out with some nice bikes and an awesome ride. Thanks for the write up! Did Faye ride with you or did you go solo?

Fay had other plans for the day ... and she knew that the end of the ride would be walking around looking at bikes, talking about bikes, sitting on bikes, and lying about bikes .... She likes bikes, but enjoys a little variety too ....

Now THIS is what I want to bring to the next show .... This dude was boss of the whole place ....

[Linked Image]

I asked if I could ride his bike and he growled "Bite Me!".

Actually he was a very good dog, best behaved sapient being at the show ....

Lannis

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691445 04/12/17 6:21 pm
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Life member
Nice work, Lannis.

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Fetch] #691447 04/12/17 6:35 pm
Lannis Online Content OP
Well'ard Rocker
OP Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Fetch
Thanks for the childhood memory.....had forgotten about Brer Rabbit and the Tar baby . looks like a nice day out, the crusty Zundapp looks like a nice project for someone.

"Born and bred in a briar patch" sezee .....

I suspect that the Zundapp IS a completed project. If a professional restorer offered to restore that bike to like-new for FREE, the owner would run him off the place. He wouldn't swap that "patina" for anything! You can't buy that sort of finish .... !

Lannis

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691642 04/14/17 1:18 am
T140V-Rich Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Wonderful ride and post, Lannis! Appreciate your taking us along for the ride. Enjoyed the plantation and railroad photos as much as any! Interesting stuff, being a historian myself. But I do like that solo seat BMW up top! Nice looking ride!

Loved the ride!

Cheers

Rich

Last edited by T140V-Rich; 04/15/17 3:55 pm.

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Author of "Relics and Reminiscing."
Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: Lannis] #691701 04/14/17 4:38 pm
R
reverb Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
R
...very good Lannis; by the way I am a musician and I tell you that is not good for a band playing in a venue that is not for music lovers...more in the morning; people just do not there to watch a band; ok, I understand that these types of bands are nothing "artsy" or "difficult" to the ears or mind but anyway is like to be a monkey circus to me. I do not play in any of this type of situations.

Yes, that Honda cx cafe is sexy.
By the way, in almost all the photos showing people there are Black people...never thought that in those parts of US there are that big % black people.

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: reverb] #691713 04/14/17 5:44 pm
B
bodine031 Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
B
Blacks ,Mexicans, and Latino's are many in all cities in the US.

Re: Eurobike Day in Raleigh, NC [Re: reverb] #691719 04/14/17 6:48 pm
Lannis Online Content OP
Well'ard Rocker
OP Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by reverb
...very good Lannis; by the way I am a musician and I tell you that is not good for a band playing in a venue that is not for music lovers...more in the morning; people just do not there to watch a band; ok, I understand that these types of bands are nothing "artsy" or "difficult" to the ears or mind but anyway is like to be a monkey circus to me. I do not play in any of this type of situations.

Yes, that Honda cx cafe is sexy.
By the way, in almost all the photos showing people there are Black people...never thought that in those parts of US there are that big % black people.

Reverb - In this case, these guys were competent musicians, but singing songs like "Up Sh!t Creek Again" and something about a "[email protected]@mn B!tch" and stuff like that. I'm sure they thought that this was like a tough-boy Harley rally or something, where everyone struts around acting like a bad-ass. They should have had better sense. Even if it were all adults, Sunday morning in North Carolina is not the place for that.

Some counties surrounding me are 40 - 50% black. Raleigh itself is 55% white, 30% black, and 15% Hispanic. Always makes me laugh when someone from New England or Europe who has never even seen a black or Hispanic person tells us how we ought to be dealing with social issues here .... ! I can tell you one thing, all ethnic and racial differences disappear at a motorcycle rally ....

Lannis

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership