BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
ChrisX
ChrisX
Lake Macquarie NSW Oz
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Baza Done Good
#684493 02/10/17 1:52 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Y'all might remember a while back, Baza got himself another War machine.. shocked

Trouble was, it was in Civilian clobber, just like Albert was when I found him. To remind y'all here's Baza's bike as found...

[Linked Image]

We had a chat about what campaign or theatre of war the bike should go in, Baza said he had loads of paint, trouble was, it was Hearing Aid Beige.. shocked

In fact he painted the mirror arm on the bike, it looked strange, REALLY Hearing Aid Beige in fact... shocked

Well, t'other day I bumped into Baza, and bugger me backwards, he showed me a photo of the bike, so for your delectation and enjoyment, here's that very photo...

[Linked Image]

What a WONDERFUL job he made of it, don't ya fink... clap

Ready for call up, stand by ya beds, action stations.... grin

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Baza Done Good
Kent Shaun #684496 02/10/17 2:00 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Um..... I dunno man. I liked that look he had with the black paint and the high pipe. A little more rock n roll, more to my personal liking. cool
Now, if Baza crashes into a sand pit, the bike'll be LOST! Lost, I tells ya. eek

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Kent Shaun #684521 02/10/17 5:54 pm
Life member
Life member
Was it really a "desert rat" bike or is this a guess?

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Mike Muir #684528 02/10/17 6:41 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Mike Muir
Was it really a "desert rat" bike or is this a guess?

Mike, built in november 39 and sent to the middle east in feb 1940. No krauts in north Africa then just the Ities, who had not declared war on us till June of that year. The only divisions in Africa at that time were 7th armoured, all vehicles were sent to Tell-El-Kabir a massive military base 100kms north of Cairo. The bike stayed in service untill 1956 and somehow finished up being sold in Armagh, northern Ireland. (Bandit country at the time)

NickL #684598 02/11/17 10:10 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by NickL
You missed a bit.................

Oh Yea, then did some gun running with the IRA until hostilities ceased whereapon it found its way back to Blighty! laughing laughing

Kent Shaun #684637 02/11/17 5:14 pm
Life member
Life member
Well, good enough to carry that badge. Well done Baza.

Mike, home is where we moor it.

Moderated by  bill50cal, Graham Ham 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership