BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite Pistons
BritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
kurt fischer
kurt fischer
Arlington, Massachusetts
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
1958 Matchless G3L
#669023 09/26/16 3:31 pm
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
I'm putting back together a friends m/c that I didn't take apart & struggling in a few areas.

Where does the rear brake light switch mounting plate attach to? It has a massive hole in the bracket which looks like it attaches to the large threaded hole on the passenger footrest hanger, but with what? Is that correct?

Where does the side / kick stand spring attach to the frame?

Thanks in advance.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: 1958 Matchless G3L
John Martin #669044 09/26/16 5:09 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi , the hole in the plate is for the rear axle. You should find a hole on the bottom of the tube on the frame for the side stand spring to attach to.

John Martin #675835 11/28/16 7:14 pm
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
Thank for your answers.

I have the rear brake light switch mounted, but how is the brake rod connected to the switch?

Also I can't find the hole in the frame, somebody else painted the frame & might have covered it over, can you give me an idea in what area this hole is located.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by John Martin; 11/28/16 7:16 pm.
John Martin #675838 11/28/16 7:47 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
John, look for the sidestand spring hole on the opposite side frame rail of the sidestand mount.
Cheers.
Fullminator

Moderated by  Matchman62 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership