BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
thackero
thackero
Houston Texas USA
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WERA Vintage Still Alive?
#209114 03/20/08 10:45 pm
SteveM Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
I tried to access the WERA Vintage website and it looked like it was no longer valid. Would like to see about racing at Nashville this next month. Does anyone know a way to contact them?

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: WERA Vintage Still Alive?
#209115 03/20/08 11:28 pm
BritBike Forum
BritBike Forum
WERA Vintage has been folded into WERA. Usually Vintage is one part of one day of two day WERA events. Meaning, modern and vintage on Saturday, and modern only on sunday.

Jordan
Team Incomplete
AHRMA, USCRA, VRRA, WERA #719
1972 Seeley Commando F750
http://www.nycseeley.com
#209116 03/20/08 11:29 pm
SteveM Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Thanks, Cheers Jordan.

#209117 03/20/08 11:40 pm
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Steve,

Not sure that you are aware, but probably are by now if you have visited the WERA site, WERA has a Vintage WERA vs AHRMA challenge match at Barber on weekend of May 3rd with quite significant prize money for top placers.

Maybe they are trying to re-activate the Vintage side?

Anyway, I feel sure that quite a lot of AHRMA members will be there. I'm hoping to be myself unless something gets in the way. Hope you will be too :bigt:

beerchug

#209118 03/21/08 1:10 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Malcolm, do you mean you are willing to spend all that money to go race 3 states away, for actual prize money, and risk injury or engine damage right before the highlight of your entire year (the dirt drags at New Ulm)????

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
#209119 03/21/08 11:56 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Steve - WERA Vintage has a fairly lively discussion board here
There are details on the challenge at Barber in one of the threads, including a class equivalency chart.
WERA will let AHRMA racers run 2 races / year with them, without buying a license.
They offer a ton of locations/races, but Vintage participation is pretty low from the results I've looked at. And you only get a Saturday race in most classes.

#209120 03/21/08 2:56 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
A two race pass?

Damn, that would have been nice to know a few weeks ago. I would have loved to get some track time up at VIR this weekend.

North Carolina's Largest Vintage Motorcycle Show
September 1, 2018
www.bullcityrumble.com
#209121 03/21/08 3:18 pm
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Malcolm, do you mean you are willing to spend all that money to go race 3 states away, for actual prize money, and risk injury or engine damage right before the highlight of your entire year (the dirt drags at New Ulm)????
Not sure will make the final of the World Series International Dirt Drags :rolleyes: this year due to conflict with Talladega. I'm in a real dilema as I would hate to miss New Ulm and the dirt drags. Small potatoes I know but we is serious about them :rolleyes: laugh

#209122 03/22/08 12:18 am
SteveM Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Great info Malcomb. Unfortunately, I can't make May 3. Wish I could. I'm a reservist and for the next four months will be on duty two weekends a month minimum. That's the main reason I'm looking at WERA, as an option for racing on weekends that I'm free. Need as much track time as I can get right now. 25/26 April there is a WERA race in Nashville. Since Nashville is a NASCAR speedway, I'm expecting that it would be a lot like Daytona, racing partially on the oval and partially in the infield.

Great info on the two races per year gouge. I'll have to give them a call and see if they'll let me run at Nashville.

My biggest disappointment is Talladega 16-18 May. I had that on my calendar just to have another military option pop up that I can't avoid.

Also, thanks Chuck for the link to the forum. I used to read that often some years ago when I was racing WERA Vintage.

SteveM #664733 08/21/16 1:49 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
71 flat tracking, I used to know all the top winners names-still do - most of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fehu0WaPE6A

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership