Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
BurkeC Offline OP
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
B
I am thinking of selling my 1969 Victor Special. I rebuilt this bike and rode it for a couple years. It has now sat in the garage for 28 years. The bike is complete and in OK to decent shape, not running, have new after market seat. Not to mention that I have some extra engine parts. Can anyone give me a ball park asking price for this old bike. I feel like I am selling part of my early youth but it needs to go to someone that has an interest in working on it. I will try to post a picture of the bike so you can see the condition it is in. If you scroll down this forum you will see a post by MRbenchwrench and his $800 1967 A65T. I can tell you that my Victor is in much better shape. IF you cleaned it up you would think that someone had just ridden it. NOW, I am not out to retire on this deal. I just don't want to give it away. I have been out of the loop for a long time and will appreciate your input. Burke

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
Hi Burke,
I normally reckon that a complete non running stored for many years Brit bike over 250cc in the North East (as yours seems to be from your description) is worth $1200-1500.
A photograph would be a help.
You have to reckon that after 28 years someone intent on putting it back on the road would certainly need new tires/tubes, chain, maybe the engine/gearbox is seized etc, all fluids changed etc etc ---in addition the rims may well be pretty rusty, the other chrome in questionable condition etc etc.
If you are interested in discussing this further then feel free to e mail me at
richardabeard at gmail dot com

Richard Beard aka Tridentman

B
BurkeC Offline OP
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
B
Thanks for taking a minute to answer my question Tridentman. I know that even being complete that the old Victor will needs lots of tlc and lots of newer parts as you mentioned. I just did not want to over charge someone or give it away either. I think you right in the ball park with your estimation. I will push it out of the garage today and take a picture of it for you. Burke

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Without a pic it is tough but running state and condition plus originality of fasteners etc could fetch you $3000. on the high side, 1750. if it needs re gasketing and cables, tires, rims have rust spots, forks leak, needs bore etc. It is imo the best victor year for design of frame.
S

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com