Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
BritTwit
BritTwit
Kansas City area
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
I have 2 days riding the new old AMAL on the bike and when I get off throttle or do and aggressive engine braking I get a blue flame out of the muffler. It is not overheating ie red header or chirpping, ticking after ride or tappet heat noise. It starts well after prime and has smooth acceleration. I moved needle from top to middle and the blue flame became more pronounced as per more fuel loading I expect but same secondary ignition. I have cracked the throttle and nothing broke but need to ditch the blue flame if I expect to go to a filling station safely. LOL! Points gap set no strobe but only changed carb body and fixed points in place no change to timing which was not popping a blue flame. Looks cool after blipping throttle but cannot be good.
steve

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Air leak at head where the pipe fits ?

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by kommando
Air leak at head where the pipe fits ?

+1. My old army B40 used to do this great for keeping cars off your tail in traffic

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
You got it Toyota! shimmed it up and had to re-tighten the motor mount bolt so caught that early too. Started making it a packhorse too as I gradually became more creative with lack of sleep after my friday night graveyard shift which is actually a monday night so not many birds at the bar.

LOL!
S

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com