BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
57nortonmodel77
57nortonmodel77
Concord Township, Ohio
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Treasure Hunt
#617274 09/13/15 10:59 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Today was the West Kent Section of the VMCC treasure hunt, the idea being we follow the route on a map, find and hopefully answer the questions, on that very map, and get the treasure at the end. Well, that is the idea. But things don't usually go to plan, do they... laughing

Got to Baza nice and early, and off we set, him on my bike, me on his new one. WHY..? I hear y'all ask, well THAT will be revealed later dudes.. wink

So at the meeting point a tad early, not too many bikes there today for some strange reason, but here's a couple...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We got our instructions, and tried to fit them to the bikes...

[Linked Image]

I simply put them in me pocket, set me Baza Nav, and followed it. But before all that I got presented with me 2015 West Kent International Gymkhana trophy...

[Linked Image]

A very nice engraved plate of glass, all for riding Albert around the Gymkhana field back in August, I'd left before all the presentations, cos I NEVER win anything, just shows you how wrong you can be...

Then we were off, out into the lanes of Kent, Baza out in front, me behind, and his daughter Faye behind me. All going swimmingly, we stopped a couple of times, answered the questions that were set. And off we went again, it was going well, TOO well. Yes as is always the case, me Baza Nav got us lost... laughing

Up lanes we went, then came down them again, turned right, then left, then left and right, and came to where we'd started from. Then the call went up, SOD this, let's find the pub...

[Linked Image]

And it was there that I got me early Birthday present to meself, well, thing is, if I didn't get rid of the money from the Commander soon, the Lovely Janette would've found it, and it would've been lost forever. So best I spend it on this...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

So I guess it WAS a proper treasure hunt eh..? I ended up with a real treasure, goes like stink it does, trouble is it don't stop too good. So the FIRST job is to sort out that bloody front brake, then fit some panniers, and it'll be ready for a jolly good weekend somewhere... :bigt

Hope to get me Baza Nav fixed before Friday, we're off to Ostend in Belgium then, I can see it'll all end in tears... laughing

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Treasure Hunt
Kent Shaun #617283 09/13/15 12:16 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Congratulations lad.
You finally own a proper BritBike beerchug

PS: The front brake should be able to stop like a ships anchor. Mine does.

fit some panniers

I use throw overs on mine.
[click]

Ger B

Ger B #617284 09/13/15 12:23 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
You bet me to it Ger... I was getting worried you were straying too far to the 'Dark' side Shaun, what with that purchase of Americy Iron but thankfully you've seen the light.. You've bought the best 650, BSA ever built... wink

Just a few Beezers..

Ger B #617285 09/13/15 12:24 pm
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Ger lad, there's thread on this very site about them comical hubs, so I'll study it and get it sorted, as for panniers, I've got me a set of them things that are fitted to BMW's & Guzzi's so they're going on.. :bigt

Don't like them throw over things lad, if you want to see this bike, I'm planning on riding it to Holland in 2017 for the BSA international there, can't miss a good Dutch rally lad, they REALLY know how to do a rally.. grin

Frank lad, I like ALL bikes, can't just be Myopic and only have BSA's that'll have me ending up like some I know, and that'll never do. I LOVE the bikes I have, that Guzzi is getting better and better, the more miles I do on it. And that Harley is the Dogs lad, but it's me shiny bike... wink

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 09/13/15 12:28 pm.

Kent Shaun #617287 09/13/15 1:00 pm
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
What a fool I am, I forgot to say...

I'm the fourth owner of the bike, and it's only done 18,000 miles since it left the factory. Them's Gen-U-wine miles too, got the paperwork to prove it, it sure is a mighty fine machine. Didn't vibrate and best of all didn't leak oil, got to put me foot on upside down though, cos the gears are all wrong, compared to the A10/M20. Not too worry, all good fun and it's all a learning curve.. :bigt

Kent Shaun #617288 09/13/15 1:16 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
These bikes do not leak oil when they are run.
They do sometimes spend a penny worth after a stand still.
Switching gears is just common logic.
Move your toe up to switch up and vice versa.

Like the Purple Plunger, but on the other side.

:bigt

Ger B

Ger B #617299 09/13/15 2:32 pm
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Ger B
PS: The front brake should be able to stop like a ships anchor. Mine does.

Nice bike Shaun lad, Congrats, and +1 to what Ger says about that front brake, The conical brake works very well on my Trident,in spite of the weight of that bike.

Peter.
1974 Commando 850
1972 Trident T150T
1961 Goldie DBD34
1969 Benelli 250 sport special
Kent Shaun #617369 09/13/15 10:39 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Shaun, lad that IS one fine new bike you have there- why, it's even proper black, too! :bigt
British Racing Black, is it not? laugh

Kinda sexy all nekkid without panniers weighing it down, tho.
Jus sayin brah.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

ricochetrider #617387 09/14/15 1:55 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Tom bro dude, just GOT to have panniers my man, I'm a tourer so need em. BUT I hears ya my brother.... :bigt

Kent Shaun #617390 09/14/15 2:51 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Shaun lad,

I see your Beauty (with a capital B) has the original seat.
You may find it, as I did, not comfortable on longer runs.
For me it was too much sloping backward and slippery, so it made be slide back
and holding onto the the bars for dear life.
I had another seat made on the original seat pan which is higher in the rear section
and serrated - if that's the correct word.

Just a hint.

Ger B

Kent Shaun #617412 09/14/15 6:38 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun

Frank lad, I like ALL bikes, can't just be Myopic and only have BSA's that'll have me ending up like some I know, and that'll never do. I LOVE the bikes I have, that Guzzi is getting better and better, the more miles I do on it. And that Harley is the Dogs lad, but it's me shiny bike... wink

Comprende Shaun.. wink I'm as guilty of only owning Beezers.. But I have been looking at buying a Royal Oifield for winter use.. :bigt

Just a few Beezers..

Kent Shaun #617441 09/14/15 11:41 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Nice Bike !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sold my OIF last year and I regret it of course.... But there is alway more I suppose :bigt

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
ricochetrider #617445 09/14/15 11:56 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
Shaun, lad that IS one fine new bike you have there- why, it's even proper black, too! :bigt
British Racing Black, is it not? laugh

Kinda sexy all nekkid without panniers weighing it down, tho.
Jus sayin brah.
No Tom its Cuxton racing black!

Kent Shaun #617570 09/15/15 7:42 am
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Nice find Shaun. Looks like the new BSA has a decent sized tank for touring. Over here we always got those little 2-3 gal. variety. To give the bike more of a "boy racer" look I guess.
Cheers
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
Don Leaming #617587 09/15/15 10:09 am
BritBike Forum member
OP Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Don lad, THAT my man, is one thing I could never understand about you lot, y'all live a million miles from anywhere, yet y'all only have tiny Gas tanks... crazy

Don't want to spend all day in the saddle, but I sure do love not having to keep looking around for a petrol station, especially these days, they're all mostly supermarkets now. So you can't just pay and go, you've got to queue up behind some old woman buying cat meat. Cos the card machine on the pump don't work, and that's only IF they've been fitted with one... mad

No doot aboot it eh, it sure is a funny ole World... wink

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership