BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Electric Starter Roller
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
loment11
loment11
Seattle, WA
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Jay999, davidlittle, Frank B, Curtis, Boggie
10936 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 59
franko 59
Popular Topics(Views)
1,060,171 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,210
Posts684,500
Members10,936
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (Alex Lynch), 596 guests, and 820 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update #583803 02/02/15 7:20 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Well I finally got around to sending the tank off to Inda....just waiting to hear that the "tanks" are finished.

I'm having Parvinder Singh copy a 1967 BSA B44 Victor Roadster tank for me. In steel. That tank is a one year only tank and I'm tired of failed sealer attempts.

BUT... blush I have to admit that a LOVE the B25/B44/A65FS type steel tank that I have on my Roadster now. The extra fuel gets me another 50+ miles or so and that's just about what I was losing with the sidecar attached to the bike. I just do not like the stock large metal tank badges so I've asked Parvinder to make me one of those tanks set up for the smaller plastic badges. Yea, that's right I don't give a hoot about what's correct, I just want what I like.

I'll report back as soon as I have the tanks back in the US and in my hands. :bigt

BSAing ya.......Pokey

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #583820 02/02/15 9:33 pm
M
Mr Mike Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
M
Gordon,
Let me know. As you know Gordon, I have a 68 B44SS with a leaking FG tank. Not much different than your 67VR. I would like to go back to the SS dress....gotta Victor look right now. What do you think the steel tank will cost? I assume the will come in primer.
Mr Mike

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #583873 02/03/15 9:03 am
O
OldBalz Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
O
Before any of you decide to deal with Mr. Singh's tanks you may want to read this on-going thread on the Access Norton website:

http://www.accessnorton.com/handmade-tanks-singh-precisions-t20165.html

Forewarned may be Forearmed......

Last edited by OldBalz; 02/03/15 9:06 am.
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Mr Mike] #583879 02/03/15 10:35 am
Steve Erickson Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Mr Mike. there are Indian made SS gas tanks readily available on eBay. Bare steel, painted, even alloy... with or without caps. Just do a search for "BSA tank", should turn up a lot of them.

Item # 121551088070 is a new, painted SS tank for $200 OBO, $82 shipping, so less than $300, if you use your old cap.

Definitely comes with no endorsement from me...

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #583882 02/03/15 11:02 am
kommando Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
There is 1 Indian tank suppliers I have seen mention of with no bad issues but no direct buys of my own yet.

pummy.8081 for BSA

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: OldBalz] #583956 02/03/15 8:53 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by OldBalz
Before any of you decide to deal with Mr. Singh's tanks you may want to read this on-going thread on the Access Norton website:

Okay I tired my best to get through that thread but ran out of steam.

I have NO CLUE who I'm dealing with...so it's a crap shoot until I have one of the tanks in my hands.....then I'll have an opinion.

BUT....if you do a little research...the name "singh" is more common than Smith or Jones here in the states. As a matter of fact for one group of people it's mandatory FOR EVERYBODY to use it as a last name.

Pokey

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: kommando] #583957 02/03/15 9:02 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by kommando
There is 1 Indian tank suppliers I have seen mention of with no bad issues but no direct buys of my own yet.

pummy.8081 for BSA

As far as I know.....I'm dealing with Parvinder Singh and again....as far as I know, he IS pummy.8081.

Mr Mike....pummy.8081 already makes a tank for your bike (1968 Shooting Star) in steel, painted or plain. I'm having him make me one of those but it will use the small plastic badges instead of the larger metal ones. I'll get the last laugh 50 years from now when some poor sap tries to figure that one out. laughing

Pokey

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: OldBalz] #583965 02/03/15 9:38 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by OldBalz

Singh Precisions' email addy isn't the one I've been replying to and their business is located in New Delhi.

I sent my tank to Ghaziabad.....granted it's only 17 miles or so from New Delhi....but I think we might be talking about two different people.

Pokey

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #583994 02/04/15 5:14 am
kommando Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Singh Precisions is G Singh not P Singh.

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Steve Erickson] #584274 02/05/15 10:35 pm
M
MarkR G Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
M
I ordered one of these a few weeks ago. I presume I'll have to have it repainted, and figure out how to mount the badges. I'll post pics when it arrives.

Mark

Originally Posted by Steve Erickson
Mr Mike. there are Indian made SS gas tanks readily available on eBay. Bare steel, painted, even alloy... with or without caps. Just do a search for "BSA tank", should turn up a lot of them.

Item # 121551088070 is a new, painted SS tank for $200 OBO, $82 shipping, so less than $300, if you use your old cap.

Definitely comes with no endorsement from me...

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584310 02/06/15 10:10 am
Spitfire Ken Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I have personal experience with Indian made tanks. I cannot condemn them strongly enough. The quality sucked. Be forewarned before you send money in advance.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE USE OF CAPS. I CAN ONLY TYPE WITH MY RIGHT HAND SO USING THE SHIFT KEY IS BEYOND MY CAPABILITES.

The Devil is in the details.

1957 BSA A10 Spitfire Scrambler (numbers matching, very correct, very nice condition)
1965 BSA A65 Lightning Rocket "Clubman" (restored)
1966 BSA A65 Spitfire MK-II (restored)
1967 BSA A65 West Coast Hornet (under rstoration)
2001 Kawasaki W650
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Spitfire Ken] #584373 02/06/15 7:37 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Okay, I made a mistake. I should have NEVER posted an update until I had the tanks in my hands. This thread has turned into a mess and I'm going to ask that it be deleted.

Nothing against the folks who feel they must warn people. I had thought that the only folks reading this had followed along with the first thread on this and knew this was about ONE tank maker.....Parvinder Singh (aka pummy.8081 on eBay) who's work has some GREAT reviews from Brit Bike owners.

Already this thread is talking about Lord knows how many tank makers??????....three different ones for sure...not sure who Ken bought his tanks from...he just says "India".

Come on folks.....do some research...there are a BUNCH of fellows in India making tanks.

Parvinder has recieved some great reviews....he has ALWAYS answered my emails within a day or so...most of the time the next day. I'm going for it and thank you all for the warnings.

I had a good ole boy from Texas [***] me out money last year...it's not going to be a big deal if a fellow from India does it too....but I don't think that is what's going to happen here.

Pokey

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 02/06/15 7:39 pm.
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584376 02/06/15 7:49 pm
shel Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Yea, that's right I don't give a hoot about what's correct, I just want what I like.

And bless your little heart, that's all that really matters.

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584489 02/07/15 9:08 pm
M
Mr Mike Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
M
Gordon,
No sense pulling the thread. We all view some of the stuff coming our of India (and China for that matter)as inferior and in some cases junk....especially chrome and rubber components. For someone like me that will have to shell out $250-$300 to get a B44 SS tank that doesn't leak, it was nice to read this thread.

Mr Mike

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584497 02/07/15 9:46 pm
I
Irish Swede Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I
Pokey, when you get your tank, PLEASE give everyone a report on it's quality.

(I need a tank, too.)

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584500 02/07/15 9:53 pm
Jon W. Whitley Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Why would you want to do that Gordon ? Doesn't make sense to me. Let it run its course, regardless of who posts and what they post. IMO, the posts referencing any kind of Singh were done with probably good intentions but also without doing any research on the subject. No big deal in the big picture of things. It is what it is. But, on an open forum like this, it is good to see the info available.

So, when your tanks come back from pummy.8081 and they are what you specified and are the bees knees, you can post the pics and results...adding to the thread, and all interested parties can see that it was a positive experience and that pummy.8081 is the guy to deal with if you want superior workmanship and a good looking tank on your classic BSA.

Just my $.02 :bigt

Originally Posted by Gordon Gray
Okay, I made a mistake. I should have NEVER posted an update until I had the tanks in my hands. This thread has turned into a mess and I'm going to ask that it be deleted.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Jon W. Whitley] #584546 02/08/15 9:09 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by Jon W. Whitley
Why would you want to do that Gordon ? <snip>

Okay Jon, you asked so here goes.

I wanted this to be about the tanks Parvinder is making for me.

OldBalz comes in and adds a link about another tank maker that has nothing to do with my tank or its maker. When it's made clear that the link doesn't have anything to do with Parvinder or his work....no interaction from OldBalz. What if somebody new reads the thread and when he gets through that thread on that link...that's as far as he/she goes?

Then.....Spitfire Ken comes in with another warning. But....doesn't tell us WHO he was dealing with. "Indian made tanks" IS NOT A BRAND NAME like AMAL, Boyer, Coke or Kleenex.

Now if Ken comes back and says he was dealing with the same fellow I'm dealing with.....that's another story and worth being added to the thread.

IMO, NOTHING is lost deleting this thread. You know me....I'll be back with plenty of photos and give you my opinion...BUT it will focus on the ONE FELLOW in India I was dealing with.

BTW.....we have never met face to face. I cuss like a salior so the F word didn't bother me at all....you should have heard me at work yesterday. laughing

Oh.....the last name "singh"

"It was adopted into Sikhism in 1699 as per the instructions of Guru Gobind Singh; the use of Singh as a last name is mandatory for all baptized male Sikhs since 1699, regardless of their geographical or cultural binding."

Pokey

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 02/08/15 9:16 am.
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584547 02/08/15 9:30 am
kommando Online Content
BritBike Forum member
Online Content
BritBike Forum member
I would leave it as it is, once you get the tank it will hopefully show pummy.8081 is a jewel amongst sour plums, if we can confirm we have one good Indian Tank supplier then also showing what you get by going elsewhere can only be good.

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: kommando] #584550 02/08/15 9:45 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by kommando
I would leave it as it is, once you get the tank it will hopefully show pummy.8081 is a jewel amongst sour plums, if we can confirm we have one good Indian Tank supplier then also showing what you get by going elsewhere can only be good.

Okay, with Mr MIke, Jon and now kommando.....I gota give in.

Sometimes a fellow needs to listen to people he respects and I do respect the opinions of all three of you.

I do hope this turns out for the good for all of us.

For those of you that didn't get in on the first part of this. I did not go into this blindly. I chose Parvinder because of the reviews of his work he had already recieved from several Brit Bike owners.

Time and photos will tell.

Thanks to those who shared their wisdom.......Pokey

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 02/08/15 9:46 am.
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #584565 02/08/15 11:10 am
M
Mr Mike Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
M
Gordon,
This reminds me of gaiters. I went to many places trying to find gaiters that would last more than a year. Finally someone put me on to Rabers and I tried them and viola...you know the rest of the story. My point is this: It is good to know what is "good", but also what is "not good". Without threads like this one some of us might well be induced to buy a tank (much more expensive than gaiters) that was no better than than the FG ones we abandoned.

Mr Mike

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Mr Mike] #589784 03/11/15 8:36 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Just thought I would give you folks that are watching this a quick update.

The tank has been in INDIA for almost a month....still in customs. Man and to think I get a little piffed if I order something and it takes a week to get it.

Remember the days when they actually made these bikes we love so much. Back then pretty much all the adds said "4 to 6 weeks delivery" boy those were the good ole days...heh? laughing

Parvinder has answered every email I have sent him in a timely manner and he said it could be another month before he can get the tank in his hands....I will report back as soon as he does.

Pokey

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #589785 03/11/15 8:44 pm
R
Rich B Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
India customs.....the ultimate way to stop ALL forward progress. It will be a miracle if it is just another month......

I have had to deal with India customs. The tank will get there, but on their schedule

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Rich B] #589787 03/11/15 9:25 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by Rich B
India customs.....the ultimate way to stop ALL forward progress. It will be a miracle if it is just another month......

I have had to deal with India customs. The tank will get there, but on their schedule

Rich, I would have thought the fellow was jerking me around but I have a USPS tracking number and it tells me it's in customs.

Lord.....how do they ever get anything done? I assume since I haven't heard anybody complain about it that shipping OUT isn't a problem?

I didn't have a clue it'd take this long.....good thing I'm not in a hurry. laughing

I figure you'll be digging out soon and warming up....spring's just around the corner and I know winter's been a rough one for you.

Take care, Pokey (aka Gordon)

Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Gordon Gray] #589825 03/12/15 7:32 am
Peter Quick Offline
Sponsor
Sponsor
Problem with India, Pakistan, most of Africa, and many other off the beaten track countries in this world (even Brazil has always been a problem) is that even if you get something through customs it may still never get delivered (pilferage). It is worse with items sent by the Postal system. Couriers like UPS and FedEx cost more but are way more likely to get a package either delivered or let you know the delivery failed, meaning that they couldn't clear it for any number of reasons. Then it is up to the sender to authorize them to send it back any they get to pay for shipping a second time or abandon it. I ship orders worldwide for publishers and deal with thus crap all the time. Easier getting items out of these countries than into them.

check out: www.bsaunitsingles.com
2500 BSA part numbers with inventory in stock just for the unit singles!
Re: 1967 BSA Victor Roadster Fiberglass Tank Update [Re: Peter Quick] #589830 03/12/15 8:04 am
G
Gordon Gray Offline OP
Life Member
OP Offline
Life Member
G
Peter, good points. I tried UPS but that was a deal breaker for me since it would have cost a little under $600 to send the tank and even with UPS you're still not 100% sure it would make it.

I'm not rolling in money so I had to go with USPS and if it all falls through, I'm not out much at all and IMO it was worth the effort.

All that said, I still want the tank copied and have my fingers crossed it will happen. Parvinder says he has an "agent" in the customs office that looks after his stuff....not sure what that really means????

I have also asked him to make me one of the B25 steel tanks he already makes.....but one that uses the smaller plastic badges. I have to admit I like the extra fuel in the bigger tank and it doesn't look out of place on the B44VR.

Fingers crossed in NC......Pokey

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Allan Gill, Jon W. Whitley 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO