BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
SmoothPierre
SmoothPierre
South Lincolnshire, UK
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: spitting oil from breather
Hillbilly bike #557806 08/11/14 9:17 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Well, I think you are right, and it´s given me hell on my bikes (all with timed breather disc) to route somewhere else without excessive spilling on frame, exhaust or rear wheel.

I might try straight down. After all, then you´re rid of it.
Does it leave much oil on the floor after a long run and do you have to top up the can?

Run `em...
1969 T120
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: spitting oil from breather
Ducknaldo #557829 08/11/14 11:47 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Ducknaldo
Well, I think you are right, and it´s given me hell on my bikes (all with timed breather disc) to route somewhere else without excessive spilling on frame, exhaust or rear wheel.

I might try straight down. After all, then you´re rid of it.
Does it leave much oil on the floor after a long run and do you have to top up the can?

When I used a timed breather, I don't remember any significant amount of oil coming out, or any visible effect on oil tank level, but there were usually leaks somewhere around the engine, which could have masked both effects!

At least trying it is cheap. The worst that could happen is it would lose more oil than you're happy about and you'd have to try something else.

I found that the engine leaked less with a big open breather.

Is there room or height to fit a hose which turns up, but is drained to the primary chaincase by a small T piece at the bottom of the U-bend? Has anyone tried that? Did Triumph ever try it?

Amateur Loctite enthusiast.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership