BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
JubeePrince
JubeePrince
Back on the mainland!
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Does anyone recognise these forks on my new B33
#483231 03/27/13 8:44 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hi Folks,

This bike is not even with me yet as I only just bought it (off eBay of course).

I am very experienced with the model however, having owned a very similar one for MANY years and then foolishly sold it 25 years ago. I just had to get another to enjoy now I am semi-retired. It will share the garage with my 59 Matchless 650 G12CSR.

Quick question = does anyone recognise the forks, they look a bit "different" to me ?

[Linked Image]

Current rides = 1959 650 Matchless G12CSR in near showroom nick, 1956 BSA B33 in "Goldy" trim (yeh, I know, cheesy but I like it !)
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Does anyone recognise these forks on my new B33
John Birkett #483234 03/27/13 9:25 am
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
Look like normal heavy duty BSA forks, only odd thing is at the top where the nacelle has been goldieised and the PO has added gaiters to the stanchions between the yokes.

John Birkett #483237 03/27/13 10:19 am
wak Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
They are girling hub type normal for 57 ish heavy weight bsas, i would take a stanley to those gaitors tho !!!!!!

BSA lightning
BSA B50MX
TRIUMPH TR6C
BSA BUSHMAN
BSA Gold Star Daytona
BSA Gold Star Scrambler
BSA Rocket Gold Star
BSA C15S
BSA Cyclone
Triumph T120
Triumph T100 Daytona
Triumph 5TA Trials
Triumph T100 Scrambles
Cheney 560 TT
wak #483241 03/27/13 11:15 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Ta for the replies folks :bigt

Standard is good, gaiters do look a bit odd don't they. I wonder what they are hiding shocked

The bike should be with me in the next few days but what with the weather here in the N.W. UK at the moment (VERY cold and snowy mad ) it will likely go straight into the garage and sit alongside the G12 until the sun comes out a bit.

Current rides = 1959 650 Matchless G12CSR in near showroom nick, 1956 BSA B33 in "Goldy" trim (yeh, I know, cheesy but I like it !)
John Birkett #483266 03/27/13 5:02 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I think they were just trying to cover up the bare, probably rusty, fork leg. I've found that a section of plated 1-1/2" plumbing drain pipe with a couple of orings on each end to keep it from rattling is a cheap solution that looks nice.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership