BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
AG Bill
AG Bill
Arroyo Grande, California, USA
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Heff, kerna, Col, paullowe, Okiewan
10912 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 86
quinten 63
Popular Topics(Views)
1,050,686 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,064
Posts683,146
Members10,912
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
43 registered members (998John), 377 guests, and 830 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
sunny and two wheels in the big apple #424076 03/13/12 3:24 pm
wadeschields Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
So Sunday was a super nice 60 degree day and since I was stuck in the city I decided to do something that was long over due.... I needed to trade in the duck tape on my triumph seat for some black thread stitching . Corinna is a friend who is gonna fix me up with that and she was working in Williamsburg at a coffee bar so I jumped on the bike (with pedals) and headed over the Williamsburg Bridge. Its only a few blocks from my apartment so exercise was kept to a minimum . Since I was huffing and puffing by the time I got on top of the bridge I stopped to take a photo of the famous Domino Sugar building before that area gets gentrified and turned into condos as well.
[Linked Image]
I hooked up with Jamie from this here very site. His top end is off on his Triumph so it was a push bike for him too. I walked into the coffee bar and there sits my other friend Greaser Mike who arrived on his BSA CafeRacer. I was a bit jealous when they left for a ride but Jamie and I headed off on our steeds in search for food.
[Linked Image]
But I must say. The Burger at Bar Matchless and two pints of Six Point ale really hit the spot.
Now it was time to tackle that hill up the bridge again. Steeper on this side but much shorter distance to the top. Another photo looking the other direction and then the long slope back down to the Isle of Man-hattan again.
[Linked Image]

Gerry calls and says she was getting her nails done so I used that as the perfect excuse to pop into Spitzers on Ludlow and sample a couple more Micro Brews.. I took the short way home after that :bigt The ride home was a lot easier since I wasn't carrying that motorcycle seat on the handlebars wink

Last edited by wadeschields; 03/13/12 3:45 pm. Reason: can't spell for shyte

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424097 03/13/12 5:33 pm
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Sweet dude!
We're gonna haffta get over to Brooklyn sometime to kick around.
Maybe we'll actually do some motorcycling in the city at some point...
Ah that's the stuff dreams are made of, I guess, right?
Changing dreams into reality... it's what I do. laugh

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424099 03/13/12 5:36 pm
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
Nice pics Wade, especially of the NY skyline. One of these days I'll make it that far north...

Josh
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424102 03/13/12 5:46 pm
wadeschields Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Yes indeed Tom. I might have to keep one in the city if work continues as is...

JD- I like being a tour guide so just pick a date and do it smile

[Linked Image]
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424141 03/14/12 2:47 am
wadeschields Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Dinner at San Loco tonight. 2 dollar tacos and someone ordered this. I was quick with my camera. Actually I shot this with me iPhone
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: JD] #424180 03/14/12 12:52 pm
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by JD
Nice pics Wade, especially of the NY skyline. One of these days I'll make it that far north...

JD,
You can leap frog up to the city via Central PA- you're always welcome here, we have extra bikes and a guest room!

Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424194 03/14/12 3:36 pm
H
Hud Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
H
[Linked Image]

This picture is making me Thirsty. laugh

Joe
Thirsty in Ohio

Last edited by Hud; 03/15/12 1:02 am.
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424207 03/14/12 5:04 pm
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
Thanks Wade and Tom for the offers. I thought I might be headed to PA at some point in the near future, but apparently they moved the Army Quartermaster records from Carlisle Barracks to the National Archives in DC within the not too distant past. So, the next time I head north, I fear it's only as far as Washington.

Josh
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424232 03/14/12 8:43 pm
J
jfligg Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
J
Hey Wade Nice pictures. I went to New York this summer. It was a day trip from the International Norton Ralley(I brought a BSA). Wow what an amazing place. I didnt get to see everything I wanted to see in 1 day. I really wanted to visit John Lennons Brownstone. Oh well next trip. Do you guys actually ride Britiron in New York?? To a casual visiter that seems crazy. Thanks for the pics. Jeff

Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: JD] #424237 03/14/12 8:51 pm
ricochetrider Offline
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by JD
Thanks Wade and Tom for the offers. I thought I might be headed to PA at some point in the near future, but apparently they moved the Army Quartermaster records from Carlisle Barracks to the National Archives in DC within the not too distant past. So, the next time I head north, I fear it's only as far as Washington.

JD,
Do you know there's a new(er) building just off Carlisle Barracks where they house a bunch of historical Army documents? Not sure exactly what's there or if the "public" is allowed access, tho... I think mt dad got held up at the door once when he was researching his regiment.

A call ahead might serve you well. Don't know the name of the building, but man if you get to Carlisle, you're 20 minutes from the house. Pm any time, you're always welcome here.

Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: jfligg] #424240 03/14/12 9:00 pm
wadeschields Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by jfligg
Do you guys actually ride Britiron in New York?? To a casual visiter that seems crazy. Thanks for the pics. Jeff

There is a huge Britbike scene here. They rode all winter this year. The shop, Six Street Specials, never slowed down . I havent had a bike here for a while , since I do most of my riding in PA on the weekends. But if work stays as busy as I am now then I will get a bike here again so that I wont feel left out if I stay in town sometimes. Every time I think I found a cheap beater to keep on the street it winds up being to nice so it gets kept in PA with the rest of them. Maybe the key will be to finish my bobber project and that way nothing is irreplaceable if it gets knocked over by careless parkers.

Last edited by wadeschields; 03/14/12 9:08 pm.

[Linked Image]
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: wadeschields] #424407 03/16/12 12:34 am
JubeePrince Offline
Born To Run
Born To Run
Wade -

Nice pedal shots.....if more people did what you did that day, the city would be even MORE pleasant!

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: sunny and two wheels in the big apple [Re: JubeePrince] #424463 03/16/12 10:14 am
Crazy Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Always nice to see pics of a far off land.Love the couple with the jeans rolled up cool cool

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership