BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Electric Starter Roller
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO
How the Electric Roller Starter works.

ORDER on eBay. CLICK HERE!

Buy your Electric Roller Starter here
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
keith1069
keith1069
Hampshire, UK
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Jay999, davidlittle, Frank B, Curtis, Boggie
10936 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 63
DavidP 58
Popular Topics(Views)
1,060,532 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,221
Posts684,567
Members10,936
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
45 registered members (alpinaclone), 395 guests, and 872 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: BeezaBryan] #342801 11/12/10 12:24 am
S
Skeet Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
S
Grand Paul - Just thinking while all of this is fresh in our minds. He was such a strong supporter of vintage racing and this site, maybe AHRMA, or some such could have a traveling trophy for the champion at years end. It could be paid for & sponsored by Brit Bike.com members through donations.
Skeet

Skeet Enjoy life....it has an expiration date..
1964 Hornet
1970 TR6R
1971 Norton
1972 XLH
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342814 11/12/10 1:32 am
dirtymartini Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Although we never met, I thoroughly enjoyed his posts and even more so his video of dicing through the pack of Harley's on his triple...Godspeed Malcom, We'll meet someday.

75 Norton Commando Mark II
75 Penton Mint 400
'72 Ossa MAR
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342857 11/12/10 11:30 am
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Geez, always had hoped to see him run and meet up with him when I get around to attending some of these events...RIP Bodger

Anyone have a link to the video with the HD's?

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: Ob1quixote] #342861 11/12/10 12:39 pm
BeezaBryan Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Ob1quixote

Anyone have a link to the video with the HD's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XyK2011ZSM

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride”
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342888 11/12/10 3:21 pm
JubeePrince Offline
Born To Run
Born To Run
Here's one of my favorite shots of Malcolm...standing the law of physics on it's ear(from Barber):

[Linked Image]

I have taken the liberty of archiving his photobucket albums......I think I'll put together a slideshow of all the shots and I'll post the link to it here when it's ready....

Cheers,

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: Skeet] #342896 11/12/10 4:33 pm
GrandPaul Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Originally Posted by Skeet
Grand Paul - Just thinking while all of this is fresh in our minds. He was such a strong supporter of vintage racing and this site, maybe AHRMA, or some such could have a traveling trophy for the champion at years end. It could be paid for & sponsored by Brit Bike.com members through donations.
Skeet

Kenny Cummings, "nycnorton/holmslice" inaugurated a Dwaine Williams (fallen racer) trophy, and has just expressed an interest in re-naming it to include Malcom's memory, as he (Malcolm) contributed to the trophy and award's creation.

I don't know if that's what you had in mind, or a totally separate one.

If a separate one inaugurated by bb.com, perhaps it could be awarded and transferred year by year to either the champion or rookie of the year in the Novice Historic Production Heavyweight class where Malcolm spend most of his brief AHRMA racing career. I would be honored to assist in making that happen.

Last edited by GrandPaul; 11/12/10 4:34 pm.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342909 11/12/10 6:06 pm
Roadwarrior Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Didn't know what else to do so I went out on a ride in his honor on the BSA single. Seems appropriate.

Bob M.
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342916 11/12/10 6:32 pm
G
Gordon Gray Offline
Life Member
Life Member
G
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
......if a separate one inaugurated by BB.Com, perhaps it could be awarded and transferred year by year to either the champion or rookie of the year in the Novice Historic Production Heavyweight class where Malcolm spend most of his brief AHRMA racing career. I would be honored to assist in making that happen.

Paul....I wasn't going to say anything else on here about Malcolm because it already has been said by many. It tells a lot about a man when you see how many people he touched along the way. I'm grateful that the last thing I said to him...was something kind.

Even though AHRMA wasn't that nice to Malcolm at times.(BUT you NEVER heard Malcolm talk bad about anybody...even those who were causing him greif) I do believe he would be honored to have an AHRMA trophy named after him. I think the "Champion" of the Heavyweight Proddy class would be best...because that's what Malcolm was in many ways....a Champion.

Either way....if there's anything I can do to help move this along...just let me know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKlteruQ1zY

You get a glimpse of Malcolm at 4:14...thank you Geoff

Take care.....Gordon Gray in NC, USA

Last edited by Gordon Gray; 11/12/10 6:38 pm.
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: Gordon Gray] #342953 11/12/10 9:41 pm
S
Skeet Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
S
GP, I had nothing specific in mind. Just know how much he loved bb.com & the Production Class racing. You people are far more aware of these things than I. Just thought it would be fitting for any of us on here that Mr. Dixon inspired and we could contribute in any small way. Thanks
Skeet

Skeet Enjoy life....it has an expiration date..
1964 Hornet
1970 TR6R
1971 Norton
1972 XLH
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #342987 11/13/10 2:10 am
Matt smith Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Very sad news indeed. I haven't been on here in days and this is what I come back to. Though I'm relatively new on the board, I always enjoyed his posts, and he was kind enough to answer some of my newb questions without pretense. Godspeed Britbodger.

Matt

meandthismotorcycle.blogspot.com
smokeandthrottle.blogspot.com
Triumphs and BSA's, a few... I'm a hoarder.

“I don’t mind the Ten Commandments, I believe in the Ten Commandments. The first one, ‘I am the Lord thy God,’ is a great commandment—if it’s not said by the wrong people.”

—Bob Dylan, introducing the song “Masters of War” at New York City Town Hall, 12 April 1963.
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343024 11/13/10 12:04 pm
ricochetrider Online Content
Moto Mojo
Online Content
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by GrandPaul
Originally Posted by Skeet
Skeet

Kenny Cummings, "nycnorton/holmslice" inaugurated a Dwaine Williams (fallen racer) trophy, and has just expressed an interest in re-naming it to include Malcom's memory, as he (Malcolm) contributed to the trophy and award's creation.

I don't know if that's what you had in mind, or a totally separate one.

If a separate one inaugurated by BB.Com, perhaps it could be awarded and transferred year by year to either the champion or rookie of the year in the Novice Historic Production Heavyweight class where Malcolm spend most of his brief AHRMA racing career. I would be honored to assist in making that happen.

this would be great, in my own humble opinion. Malcolm spoke as though he was on pretty close terms with the folks at AHRMA. whatever his actual relationship with them, he quite obviously had his entire heart and soul invested in the racing. a separate Trophy in Malcolm's name, such as you suggest here, Paul, would be really wonderful. it would be a super way to insure our dear friend's legacy. perhaps a separate trophy from the Dwaine Williams trophy, to insure that each rider's triumphs are called to mind individually, with the award's presentation... ?

if it came down to needing some funding for a Malcolm Dixon Trophy, i would be more than pleased to donate something. for this board to put this award up would also, in no small way, be an honor we can all share, whether or not we as individuals are active within the racing community.

tom

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343029 11/13/10 12:26 pm
T140V-Rich Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
This is just sad news. My deepest sympathy for his family and his many friends here and elsewhere.

Richard

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Author of "Relics and Reminiscing."
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343035 11/13/10 2:01 pm
Ob1quixote Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
I'd help out on the costs of a memorial trophy.

JHMO, but the trophy shouldnt necessarily be awarded to the winningest racer, but the one who shows the greatest "drive" and sportsmanship, perhaps voted on by the class participants.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343042 11/13/10 3:27 pm
R
Rich B Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
R
Here was one of my favorite moments with Malcolm. While he was at the AHRMA Awards banquet in 2008. Some of us at Casa de Carter decorated his race bike while he was gone. When he returned, it was prioeless, and the camera was near grin

[Linked Image]

And with Justice (Chad) at Casa de Carter in 2008

[Linked Image]

And after winning at Daytona

[Linked Image]

Godspeed buddy. Drank a few to your memory the other night. It was German beer, but beer none the less....

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: Rich B] #343071 11/13/10 5:43 pm
GrandPaul Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
There will be a Memorial for Malcolm at the Forrest Park Funeral Home at 12800 Westheimer (Houston, TX) just West of Dairy Ashford next Wednesday, November 17, from 6pm to 9pm.

Here's the BMOA Plan. We meet at Spaghetti Western at 6:00 PM...sooner if you like. We raise a few glasses to Malcolm, and then at 7PM we have a motorcycle convoy to the funeral home, arriving en masse at about 7:30 to pay our respects. So there you have it. BE THERE!!!

That's all i have at the moment, no obituary yet...

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343098 11/13/10 8:51 pm
Rico Delrosado Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
If you live too far away to attend the service, here's a way to participate: sit down in front of a video camera, and tell a story or two about Malcolm. Extra points for the best Malcolm accent. smile

If you want to do a brief vid, my friend Jack will incorporate it into the memorial service on Wed. Contact me or Jack ([email protected]) to work out logistics.

Thanks,

Rico

[email protected]

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343113 11/13/10 10:46 pm
Grandad Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
We shall miss you on the forum Malcolm. Your pithy comments were often a source of great pleasure to us. A sad moment for all of us.

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343125 11/14/10 12:58 am
441/R3cafeSteve Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Someone should save the FLV files of his youtube channel as well though the password may be gone and it they will always be there. Sorta my plan, if you have not thumbed up his ride video's please lets blast it to the top rated video series. Last I checked 4 up, I think a couple of hundred would put it a front of Automotive top rated today, this week, all time?. The counters etc only work with people that are signed in, lurkers don't count there. He put those up for us, please think about the effort it took him despite age :o) I won't post my rides when I am in the "groove" because they have years to find me and take my license and bike away. What happens in Canada for ghost riding.

If his family or close buddies have the password then that channel I think would be great for all the memorial history seen here. LOL! he could have done the Daytona 1st with those tassles and polka dots keep that in mind. He seemed like a natural, no need for an expensive flashy bike when your that good. Being an engineer prolly did'nt hurt either. No compensating, LOL!
Steve
I liked him cause he said what was real not just popular or the polite opinion, a rare breed. Fearless it seems even at his age.
I listened to this today and thought it summed the man up,

Last edited by 441cafeSteve; 11/15/10 12:58 am. Reason: Added Frank,

The 441, most versatile BSA of the 60's
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343213 11/14/10 5:14 pm
Mike Muir Offline
Life member
Life member
Adios, BritBodger. Never met him in the flesh, but his presence, videos and pictures on BB made him a friend.

Mike, home is where we moor it.
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343389 11/15/10 1:31 pm
HARRYKUK Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
Malcolm “Britbodger” Dixon .. R.I.P.

Folks.. Afraid I am a little late on this posting, having been completely traumatised by the news.
Just sat here all week in front of the screen, reading with blurring vision, the ever- accruing tributes to Malcolm, and only just now accepting, with difficulty, the demise of our good friend.
Malcolm made his home with me on his visits back to the UK.
I have known Malcolm and his Twin brother Derrick since my teenage years and always have been in awe of the accomplishments, skill and sheer talent that they both brought to their favourite pastime of motorcycling.
Derrick unfortunately died as a result of a race accident in the late 60’s, and Malcolm never ever stopped grieving for his loss.
In any conversation with Malcolm, he would mention his brother and simply worshiped his memory.
Many of Malcolm’s friends posting here mention him as being a true gentleman. Nothing could be closer to the truth, with the emphasis heavily placed on “The Gentle “
There was simply not one ounce of badness in the man.
Generous to a fault, Malcolm was always supportive of the underdog, the disenfranchised and to those less fortunate members of society that largely make up the population of this world.
Always the “true Brit.” He never forgot his roots in the UK and kept his North east accent to the last. I quite well remember he rekindled his interest in competitive riding when he lived in Lakeland Fla.
Riding and occasionally, winning, in local short circuit events, wearing an old Barbour jacket with a union flag on the back, and always on a Triumph.
I could go on for hours describing the many good times we had together. The rides in his beloved Yorkshire dales, the lake district, Yorkshire moors and beating up the local roads just for the hell of it. Visits to the Bridge inn to drink beer, breath the smoke and listen to trad. Jazz.
Early days with his first motorcycle (an ancient 250cc Panther no less), the 1934 600 Douglass with homemade single seat sidecar with”Linda”painted on the side and a variety of BSA and Triumph machines. The dope burning Tiger 100, housed in a grass track frame, constructed specially to compete in local beach racing.
Jowet cars, because they were made in Bradford, the list of memories is endless……
Two weeks ago Malcolm and I had a long telephone conversation in which we planned his intended visit to be in April 2011. Although he appeared not his usual self, we were soon laughing and sharing the usual scatological jokes of which he was fond, he obviously had every intent on beating the big C, was expecting and looking forward to a full recovery.
I was expecting his return call last Sunday, it never came and I was informed by telephone on Monday.
Folks, thank you all …

Malcolm.. I miss you!

HarryKUK

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: HARRYKUK] #343405 11/15/10 3:20 pm
GrandPaul Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
Thank you, Harry.

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343524 11/16/10 1:28 am
JD Offline
Moto-Amish
Moto-Amish
What a sad thread to come back to the site with. Godspeed Malcolm. Certainly enjoyed the posts.

The Forrest Park Funeral Home (in Houston) is where my grandparents are buried, and where my parents plots are located. I'll certainly stop by and pay a visit...

Last edited by JD; 11/16/10 11:04 pm.

Josh
Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: JD] #343586 11/16/10 2:42 pm
GrandPaul Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
OP Offline
BritBike Forum member
The funeral home guest book website is up, it would be nice if those of you who knew Malcolm would please post up your condolences and/or photos.

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/DignityMemorial/guestbook.aspx?n=malcolm-dixon&pid=146574766

Thanx.

P.S. It's Forrest Park in Houston, Tx...

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343588 11/16/10 3:22 pm
HARRYKUK Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
ATTN. ALLAN/ LINDA DIXON,
If viewing

Please contact me through this board.

HarryK

Re: Malcolm "Britbodger" Dixon, R.I.P. [Re: GrandPaul] #343656 11/16/10 8:27 pm
ricochetrider Online Content
Moto Mojo
Online Content
Moto Mojo
Harry
Thanks for the insights and reflections on your long
friendship with Malcolm. I knew him for only a couple years,
during which I actually only had a few days, even hours,
here and there, of actual "face time". Your confirmation of all I saw in him
Is truly both appreciated and priceless.

The world -MY world- is now a bit less than what it was with him in it.

Tom

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
CLICK HERE to see VIDEO