Okay... How's this look? I took two head steadies, cut off one end, held it into a grinder disc to make a notch, filed it and fitted a 3/16" x 1" flat bar, brazed it in place. Made new spacers 7/16" wide on the lathe (don't overestimate my lathe skill - this is about my limit!). After the photos I tacked the bracket in place with the oxy actylene outfit. Correct thin nuts are on order.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Before this I had to find my rear engine mounts so everything would be tightened in place. This took about an hour or more because I haven't seen them since 11 months ago. After I found the box with the right side mount, it took another 10-15 minutes to locate the left side parts box. While preparing to weld I selected and cleaned the torch tip, then I changed a disc in the CD player. Prolly took me 5-10 minutes to find where I set the torch tip down. Maybe things will improve as I get back in the groove.


Al Eckstadt