Gordon, who can explain why things are, and why things happen?

Certainly I haven't the faintest clue.

That, in fact, is what we must all seek to reconcile in our minds; once we reach the point where we cannot settle the issue with a satisfactory answer, and are willing to accept the fact that we may NEVER be able to do so, is where we arrive at a peaceful place. We DO NOT accept these terrible things, we simply accept the fact that there are some things we cannot change, and we move on the best we can.

Some turn to research, many of us are forever in their debt for the answers that they discovered.

Some turn to any number of spiritual answers that leave groups at odds with each other. In these cases, the reasonable ones don't allow it to rule their lives with dispute and hatred, or worse.

Some turn to bitterness; with many, the passage of time doesn't alleviate the situation. Many times, it can make it worse, eventually destroying those people, and others around them.

I am VERY grateful that the people on this forum are in the "reasonable" crowd, and accept those with differing opinions with class. Can you imaging the impact old Britbikes have had on mankind JUST FOR THIS ONE REASON?

I know there is a book titled something along the lines of "When Bad Things Happen to Good People"; I have never read it, and can't state it's conclusion or theories, but maybe it would make interesting reading on this topic.

P.S. I'm with you on the vermin that deserve to be afflicted with deadly diseases, but maybe it's a good thing I'M NOT God...

Last edited by GrandPaul; 12/18/17 4:59 pm.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"