BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Zombie
Zombie
Florida PanHandle
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
22 registered members (Bougor), 196 guests, and 405 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
mtbackroads, goatroper, Hawaii70BSA, itomtom, Wristpin
10451 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 77
franko 66
Jeff K. 58
Popular Topics(Views)
736,977 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,613
Posts668,211
Members10,451
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Monthly Photo Contest Forum
9 minutes ago
[Linked Image]
4 123 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
15 minutes ago
Interesting calibration idea, I wonder if one needs to allow for the weight of the torque wrench handle? It's probably insignificant though. Half a pound maybe on 10 foot pounds?
32 900 Read More
GARAGE SALE- The FREE Private Buy-Sell BOARD
1 hour ago
Love to have it but getting out of state vehicles without titles through our dmv is like pulling teeth.
1 65 Read More
HOT LINKS Forum
1 hour ago
0 2 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
2 hours ago
You can run your bike pretty hard, not really "caneing" it, but, at least for me, I drive them like I always do. Faster than car traffic....but these days I carry an infrared thermometer and check various spots on the motor frequently to make sure things aren't getting too hot. I think I paid 15$ including shipping.
A lot of short, fast hops seems to do it.
I got that from my friend who is fairly new to this hobby. Never too old or experienced to learn a new trick.

Highly polished or chrome parts give erroneous readings, by the way.

I also learned about fuel washed rings here that make your compression go away. You need oil on the rings to help seal things, and if they're not sealed, there won't be enough compression to push the rings out and seat them. The lesson is don't run too rich from new.

Then there's Bon Ami, but that's another story......

Cheers,
Bill
16 283 Read More
HOT LINKS Forum
2 hours ago
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Other-Makes-350-mark-3/223241805214?hash=item33fa3f9d9e:g:xPoAAOSwjXZbxjWq:rk:2:pf:0&vxp=mtr
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
0 11 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
3 hours ago
Just a quick note that in your flashing banner ad on this site there is a small misspelling of "Catalogue". I would have preferred to contact you through your site, but refuse to leave a phone number, hence this missive here. Joe
0 40 Read More
Norton Bulletin Board
5 hours ago
All depends on your level of disposable income and you goals. My Bonnie came with those disgusting shorty silencers. Replaced them with a pair of originals - showing their age - for $50 from a friend who owed me a favor. I am happy with them because they were cheap and my bike is showing her age and my disposable income has been disposed of. beerchug

Now, I would love a pair of original Dunstals. Can't afford them now but if I could, I would snap them up in a heart beat. Would love to hear how they sound. Over time, I have gotten into original stuff over imaculate restoration. Damn, I just decided to replace my new repop headlight with the original Made in England one with a thousand rust volcanos ready to erupt.
14 441 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
6 hours ago
Come on down to the photo board, we,re having another contest.
16 505 Read More
HOT LINKS Forum
Yesterday at 10:51 PM
750 norton commando project - $1800 (San Diego)

I believe it's a 72, it's disassembled, needs restoration or great for parts.willing to trade for lambretta scooter . Please include a contact number for response.includes manuals
1 269 Read More
HOT LINKS Forum
Yesterday at 10:41 PM
Nice !!

1969 Triumph T120R Bonneville - $4450 (Ormond Beach)

1969 Bonneville T120R Street Tracker, Ceriani 35mm forks,Mikuni Carbs, rare two into one header, Arnaco shocks, Grimeca brakes, alloy hubs and rims, Custom Dynamics lighting. Must sell, asking $4450 or best offer, interesting auto trades considered

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
1 312 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Thanks- an interesting motor. There was an aircraft conversion for these- perhaps that is why some motors survive without their bikes?
1 103 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Man is that ever true. Putting together a Rickman requires decent fabrication skills. This kit was never assembled it seems... sort of a 1968 time capsule. There were some parts missing... like the airbox. But the folks at Rickman (Adrian and Sue) saved my bacon by finding one in an old box of long-forgotten odds and ends. The big challenge ahead is the expansion chamber which will be a big part of the "fun" you mention. I'll post pics shortly now that I'm starting to finally assemble the machine.
4 105 Read More
BSA Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
9 260 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 07:03 PM
P51 with Rolls Royce Merlin engine. Great plane and great collaboration between UK and USA.

Too bad about the loss of life.
1 90 Read More
BSA Gold Star Forum
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
Yes, that’s right, produced in 53 it’s narrower under the engine/gearbox and has a solid cast lump brazed in to form the kink for the oil pump. The oil tank mounting is different and the top tube under petrol tank is different at the seat end. There’s probably another couple of little bits but I’d have to go and look and it’s freezing in my workshop at the minute! The front engine bolt lugs are maybe both tubes brazed on, no castings.
Mal
4 350 Read More
Sponsors & Vendors Forum - Buy-Sell BOARD
Yesterday at 06:20 PM
We may be new to BritBike.com, but we have over 50 years combined experience servicing and restoring vintage British motorcycles. British bikes are our passion, and we truly enjoy sharing our expertise with other enthusiasts around the world.

To help all BritBike.com members kickstart (or finish!) their projects, we would like to offer you 10% off of our entire catalog, with no order minimum, and as always, FREE domestic shipping in the U.S. Just use promo code: KICKSTART10 at checkout. For the best international shipping rates, contact us with your parts list!

Every day, we're adding new merchandise to our ever-expanding inventory. If you're looking for something but don't see it in our store, give us a call! We may not have had a chance to list it yet!

The sale is on now, and will run through Cyber Monday, November 26th, 2018. If you need help placing an order or finding the correct part, call +1 720-570-7884 or email Bryan@TheBonnevilleShop.com for assistance!

Visit www.TheBonnevilleShop.com to start saving now!

0 39 Read More
British Motorcycles in General
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Picked up a set of 1/4" drive sockets at a church rummage sale included some 32'd and half-mm sizes I did not have. Packaging looked like from the 1970's. I found use for them right away. Not bad for a dollar.
13 635 Read More
BSAOC International Rally Forum
Yesterday at 05:37 PM
Andy thanks for the update. I'm planning to bring Miss C to her very 1st BSA International and we (she) would like a room, not a tent! laughing

OK I admit I'll gladly take a room over a tent as well. Sure look forward to seeing all our friends there!
11 1,001 Read More
BSA Gold Star Forum
Yesterday at 05:08 PM
Dave: The 32/34 cases are they same so it would be easy to make a 350 engine into a 500. The 350 cylinder just has more thickness where it goes into the case opening. The case numbers you list would be the cast numbers. There should be a stamped in code on the front of the engine near where the pairing numbers are. My BB34A case has 66-1659 stamped in the timing side case.

Gordo
1 59 Read More
The Triple Forum
Yesterday at 04:21 PM
I hope you greased the end sitting in a lever too, just to protect the cable end from breaking.
5 164 Read More
The Rod and Tappet
Yesterday at 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
thumbsup

The thing I find really unbelievable, is that several AHRMA sidecar monkeys have FALLEN OFF in practice, and in races.

When I realized right at first that I was in over my head, I just tucked in and hung on for dear life. It's actually not easy to just hold your body in place against the Gs, but I felt it really was close to life and death, or at least potential serious injury, and forced my fingers to stay clenched. I cramped up for an hour after my first practice run.

Rick (Murray) told me if I felt "uncomfortable", to just reach over and tap him down the straight and he would back it down. He said if I had enough, just keep tapping and he'd shut it down, at which point I needed to raise my hand to signal overtaking rigs. I lasted 2 laps the first time out, 3 in second practice, then I had it figured out. It's all about moving into position BEFORE the G-forces take over!
40 833 Read More
Members Bike Projects
Yesterday at 02:13 PM
As soon as I finish the Triumph 250, I am working on, the B50 and the Grimeca will come out of storage and go up on the bench and I will find out exactly what they are. The 17 mm Grimeca axle diameter and the 3/4" BSA axle diameter were not measured, the dimensions came from published sources on the net.

Ed from NJ
5 264 Read More
Ariel Forum
Yesterday at 02:03 PM
A small press is a great idea.
We changed to better LED lights in Sturgis. The rope LED lights sucked. We had side panels for the canopy and used them a few times on trip.
A carb built and ready to bolt was addded to the list. Spare magneto is harder to deal with. All the Norton have different type and size sprockets. Where can I buy the small magneto sprockets? We will try to make them all the same.
We had a valve spring break on th 15 and fixed it beside the rode. Had a float needle not seating well but limped it in and replaced carb that night. A spare carb would have been better that day.
Keep making a list so I can copy it.
1,982 285,722 Read More
Triumph Bulletin Board
Yesterday at 01:47 PM
Regarding the Raber's video, parallelism of fork legs front to back and side to side should be determined prior to evaluating fitment of axle.

Too bad workshop manual General Data doesn't include fork leg width on center dimensions for the various model year yokes. Might be mentioned elsewhere?
3 108 Read More
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership