BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Will S.
Will S.
San Diego, CA
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Bsa bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: BSA A65 oil pressure switch Allan Gill 5 minutes ago
I’ve bought LF Harris (Draganfly supplied mine) not tried it yet but I’m a big fan of their spares.
1 14 Read More
Re: BSA C15 Won't Idle Allan Gill 6 minutes ago
A decent set of points isn’t any easier or harder to start than a. Electronic ignition. A well setup set of points (no experience with triples) works as well as an EI, the only difference is once the EI is fitted it requires no adjustment or servicing.... that’s the only reason I switched.
12 336 Read More
The Rod and Tappet Jump to new posts
Re: Good Old Days Beach 17 minutes ago
Lol. No, had a luggage rack and her being small helped. I called it a custom back rest.
7 152 Read More
British motorcycles in general Jump to new posts
Re: Motorcycle books Irish Swede 31 minutes ago
I have found that "journalistic integrity" is an oxymoron, especially in major newspapers.
125 4,077 Read More
Re: memories Irish Swede 36 minutes ago
That girl in the black-and-white photo isn't "cool" She's HOT!

Hell, they're ALL"HOT!"
9 145 Read More
Events Jump to new posts
Oley AMCA Meet Beach 47 minutes ago
The Oley PA meet for April 22 has been canceled due to the virus. I'm afraid this is only one of many to follow.
0 2 Read More
Members bike projects Jump to new posts
Re: 1949/56 BSA "Alloy Clipper" GrandPaul 55 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Magnetoman
It depends on whether you have an appropriate length of scrap angle iron lying around...
That has always been my impetus in decisionmaking.
119 3,107 Read More
Re: The virus kommando 57 minutes ago
Now the proper experts are in Charge at No10

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

For those outside the UK there is always a cat kept at No10 for rodent duties.
423 11,675 Read More
Re: Bottom end rebuild! Mr Mike 1 hour ago
The best way to do this is to get the crank done first, Install an undersize bush in the case and align bore the bush to the proper clearance. BSA used to make bushes of various sizes because most of their dealerships did not have machining capabilities like align boring so they tried to have mix and match parts. Grind the crank to "X" and buy bush "Y". It is best to machine the final bore to the minimum acceptable clearance over the finished, polished crank.

Mr Mike
20 629 Read More
Re: My 1949 BSA M21 Mr Mike 1 hour ago
Great job on a fine old bike. You remind me of my dad who was a blacksmith in his early days. There as nothing he couldn't make with metal. I can remember as a boy, the heavy sulphur smell of bituminous coal burning in his forge and the rhythmic tapping of his hammers.

Mr Mike
20 756 Read More
Re: Mitigating the Virus Lannis 1 hour ago
Well, we are, actually, but most likely not from this! wink

Lannis
127 2,690 Read More
Re: I can't get A 65 bearing shells in the rods richiedan40 1 hour ago
When ive fitted new shells to a big end ive always torqued them up in 2 stages slackened them back off , oiled em up and re torqued again in two stages .
then rotate the crank a good few times and check for free play
6 227 Read More
Re: First Time Removing A65 AAU richiedan40 1 hour ago
I,m sure I marked mine with a pin punch before I had boyer fitted.
as for the removal I got a slightly longer screw and tapped it sharply with a toffee hammer , not the correct way I know but worked for me not having the factory puller
20 355 Read More
Re: 1971 B25T engine richiedan40 2 hours ago
I,d be tempted to use a b40 engine , there will be some mounting mods but its do-able.
years ago I had difficulty finding a 250 motor for a starfire . I think the kids of the day wrecked them in a short space of time.
5 81 Read More
Triumph bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Big crank in early cases. Hillbilly bike 2 hours ago
SR,the cases.were. pre heated by a shop who does supposedly knew what they were doing
8 254 Read More
Re: Podtronics Battery Eliminator - horn operation kommando 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by DavidP
Probably takes up more space than a battery?

But very light and its the weight that's important.

I also fit a battery but an AGM 7AH so still a lower weight combined as a full lead acid and fits the space on a Victor easily.
13 290 Read More
Re: New project bike Kent Shaun 3 hours ago
Dieter dude, our lips have never been so Stiff, worry not lad... wink

Keep the photos coming, looking great so far my man.... thumbsup
5 137 Read More
Re: on a lighter note.... BSA_WM20 4 hours ago
Reclining lad at the front has a contented smile on his face
Chap looking to camera hs a nose up scowl
So it has to be a fart joke dosen't it
11 338 Read More
Re: What did you do to your bike today --join in NickL 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by Tridentman
Nice outfit, Nick, when did you build that?
I only raced solos---that was mad enough but you chair guys were in another class of insanity!
My local road race track was Mallory Park--which was also the local track for the Brummie boys with their chairs.
Some were officially backed by BSA--others were unofficially backed by BSA.
The difference was that with the former the trick parts went out of the front door whereas in the latter case they went out of the back door!
Happy days!

I've been doing some work on this one for a year or so. It's been around since the early sixties.
Based on a manx frame and swinging arm. It's a 'sitter' as you can see. (pre-62 class here)
The rider wanted a bit more poke than the hotted 650 that was in it so i built this motor up using some
nice bits, map rods, venolia 11-1 pistons,a10 crank, close box etc. Mark did the head and it's got larger i/l valves,
nice cam etc.
Will be good to see how it goes, i'm too old for it now really but he said i could take it around for a few laps.
I have fond memories of Mallory, it was a nice circuit, we used to get up there Wednesday's for the practice
sessions, loads of blokes would be there testing and sorting stuff out.
Cadwell Park was my favorite circuit though we spent most of our time at Brands, Lydden and Snetterton.
As you say, Happy Days.
696 241,197 Read More
Triumph bulletin board Jump to new posts
Re: Need to rant! Stein Roger 6 hours ago
What an idiot. If not too far away, I'd have paid him a visit in person. That's a powerful method, and no need for shouting or threats either. Your mere presence is plenty enough to underline your determination.
The job you paid for is one thing, you paid for something you didn't get. The other is the need for a new head. If I had done something like that to a customer's bike, I'd have taken the cost and made it right.

SR
4 182 Read More
Re: Today's ride DavidP 9 hours ago
You know about pretty parts of the country Lannis. I've traveled up 81 to Syracuse a few times. Always wanted to make the same trip up US 11, beautiful during leaf season!

Not much resistance Nick. Very few cars out, but quite a few Hoglies.
3 173 Read More
Hot links forum Jump to new posts
59 Triumph Speed Twin 5TA, Florida Ebay franko 11 hours ago
0 26 Read More
Garage sale - The private buy & sell board Jump to new posts
FS:35mm fork leg attachment parts KC in S.B. 11 hours ago
These were on a Cerriani fork, as the handle bar attachments. Bike was crashed, bent the bars. save the attachments. A start for some custom work. In a $8.40 USPS bubble Pak, $15 to the door.
0 40 Read More
Norton ES2 Motor, Massachuttes $500 franko 11 hours ago
0 21 Read More
64 Triumph Tiger Cub, California $5,500 franko 11 hours ago
0 15 Read More
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership